Happy Days of Lovely Lessons

Sincerely, Thank You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rose quickly with sweat trickling down my chest, my body spinning with every motion I made...I looked around, and here I was in my apartment. "Wha—I...am I back?" And then I felt it, like a cool breeze had made it through my shut window, a cat floated in front of me, and if this isn't the creepiest thing I saw, then I need to get out more!

 

I screamed, rushing out of my bed grabbing a pencil to use as my weapon, not like it would do much for me. "WHAT THE ARE YOU!?" I waved the pencil around as the spirit-looking thing came closer, it's eyes piercing through my soul. Where did it come from, I didn't know. What it wanted from me, well the hell should I know? It danced and whipped its ghostly tail through me, and once again I was in that void, the transporter to the past. 

 

The next moment I was there behind Mark, holding a bicycle, one that I threw out due to the rusty wares of the old thing back in the present. It was the beginning of high school, well rather the middle if my mind could remember correctly. The time Mark would get confessions nonstop, the girls swarming him like bees to honey. It irritated me, knowing that we were more than friends but had to act like, well, just regular friends.

 

"...I'm sorry, I can't date anyone at the moment."

 

"Aww! Why not? I promise I'll be the best girlfriend ever! Am I not your type?" Mark smiled, "That's not it, I just can't date yet, I hope you understand my morals lies in making sure I find the perfect person for me, and in doing so I shouldn't hurt the hearts of other fine ladies such as yourselves." I smirked, good lie Mark, good lie. I sighed hearing all the girls be swooned by his words, I walked up wrapping my arm around his shoulder, my bike in the other. 

 

"Alright ladies, enough with the interrogations, Mark needs to get going." I smiled, watching the girls giggle and run off to god knows where. I tugged on his sleeve gaining his attention immediately, "Nice excuse." I scoffed, letting go to ride my bike. He walked steadily by me. "I'm sorry..." I looked towards him while exhaling a soft sigh, "Come on." I gestured him to get on my bike like he always did, and of course he followed. 

 

Mark became really attached to me during these years, I can remember it like yesterday, his gentleness and genuine fondness was my sunshine through the rain, he was my boyfriend after all. 

 

We laid in our secret hideout, an abandon warehouse, cradled in an embrace. My lips hovered over his, viewing everything in my sight. It was magical...to say the least. We were comfortable, and yet so vulnerable when it came to showing sides of ourselves we couldn't possibly show to others. Well, I didn't want to share him in the first place, the things we did together, was something I only wanted to do with Mark, I was quite possessive in the beginning years of our relationship.

 

Mark chuckled as he looked away from me, seeing that a sunset was already upon us. "I think we should go home now Jinyoungie..." My heart skipped a beat, like a roller coaster ride, I felt my body sway. He started calling me that, maybe at the very end of our middle school years, and then up until our inevitable end, he would call me this ridiculously adorable name. To hear it again...it's a feeling I really can't describe, almost as if the void in my heart was being filled again. 

 

"Call me that again." Damn, I can tell you now, as a high schooler I was shy as hell with Mark, I didn't gain confidence in...ahem...y'know, my body, until our beginning years of college, but maybe that could change since my twenty-five-year-old self has already done mostly everything you could possibly do with a lover. Hehe, I know, I'm the !

 

Mark snorted as he pushed me off, "You're trying to be funny." He picked up his bag. And of course my whole hopes and dreams shattered, even as a teenager he was unbelievably savage, I can never win against him. 

 

"Hey! Wait for me." He turned around, a smirk growing on his face, "Then come on slow poke." I playfully smiled, grabbing my stuff as I followed him out, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. 

 

"Are you going home?" 

 

A lot of people don't know this about Mark because he generally doesn't talk about it, and he doesn't exhibit behaviors that aligned him with coming from a not so great home, but Mark was the exception to the rule. He was kind of always an exception to everything, but he went home to get beaten like a dog every night. I didn't know about it until the beginning of high school because he got a fever due to an infection from one of the afflicted wounds.

 

"Do you want me to stay with you?" But, I worry for his safety more than he worries about himself in general.

 

"I mean that would be totally amazing if you stayed at my house with my annoying sisters and of course my mom misses having you over for dinner—and...ahem...yeah, that was a lot of words...but, yeah I would love it if you stayed with me, y’know over my ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter