Chapter 1

Dog and Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been eighteen years since Wu family adopted Sehun, the dog hybrid muses as he moves around Yifan's apartment with familiar ease.

He was adopted when he was only two years old and since then, the family has always been good to him, spoiling him with a lot of love and gifts, especially Yifan who adores him and never wants to leave his side.

Scratch that. Maybe Sehun is the one who doesn't want to leave Yifan's side, but that is beside the point. Yifan loves him and wants him by his side, those are enough reasons for him to stay with his beloved owner.

Beloved. Sehun smiles wider at the thought. He can't remember during the time growing up together, when exactly his love for his owner which is also his hyung, turned into something beyond brotherly love, even so, Sehun knows for real that his feeling for the elder is something genuine and sincere.

It still feels like a dream when Sehun confessed that unusual feeling to Yifan and Yifan actually considered his words carefully instead of brushing him aside nor rejecting him. When Yifan accepted his feelings and replied to his love, Sehun was sure that he wouldn't leave Yifan like ever.

Stirring the mix of rice and kimchi in the frying pan, Sehun checks the taste of his cooking. He nods with a sense of approval and satisfaction, Yifan will love this, he knows it well.

Talking about Yifan, his owner takes their relationship seriously. Not only that he gives Sehun more affection, but he also plans for their future carefully. The human, after Sehun’s agreement despite the initial worry and stress, talked with his parents all the while his big hand holding Sehun’s comfortingly.

The parents were shocked at the revelation that their son was dating their hybrid pet, something which was uncommon but surprisingly acceptable in modern society. They were worried at first and Sehun thought that they might not get Yifan's parents' blessing, but here they are now. In Yifan's lavish apartment, living together like a married couple. Sehun can't thank the Wu family enough for accepting him into their family.

Finishing the fried rice kimchi Yifan has requested in the morning, Sehun starts plating it and setting up the table. The elder will be home soon and he wants him to arrive in a clean and tidy situation where he can immediately rest away from work

Diligently washing the utensils he has used during his cooking, Sehun waits for Yifan to come home. He doesn't keep the fried rice heated while waiting since Yifan doesn't particularly like eating hot food, he prefers it warm and not burning his tongue, a trait Sehun often teases his lover about.

Chuckling at the memories of Yifan needing to blow a spoonful of soup until it wasn't scorching hot -Yifan's words, not Sehun’s-, Sehun almost jumps in both surprise and happiness when he hears the front door opens. Drying his hands hurriedly, the young hybrid moves to the front door to greet Yifan, yet something unfamiliar hits his sense of smell first.

His stride slows down to a notch, frown etches onto his face as he takes careful steps to where Yifan is with something new. And with whatever going through the hybrid's mind, he isn't prepared for what's waiting for him.

His eyes are blown open wide at the sight which greets him. There on the front porch, Yifan is standing tall and masculine like usual. His coat is off from his torso, yet it isn't the problem. The weather that evening isn't that cold that anyone can walk around without thick jacket or coat, and Sehun doesn't mind if Yifan doesn't wear the coat, because he likes seeing how the tight jacket suit hugs Yifan's body so intimately, showing his immaculate body line. But what makes this a problem is whom Yifan's coat is on.

Wrapped under the black trench coat and standing beside the human whose long arm hugged his small shoulders, a young cat hybrid looked up cautiously at him.

Never once Sehun thinks thatYifan will bring home another hybrid into their life.

 

-----

 

The day has been running unusually for Yifan. Out of any day he decides to not drive his car to his workplace, he chooses that sunny autumn day in the middle of September for a walk. He even leaves early just so he can walk and take his way leisurely to his office via bus. It is a really beautiful morning and Yifan doesn't want to miss it between his busy schedule.

His day through to the afternoon is steady, not much difference laying upon it. Working on a report, managing who works on what, taking part in some meetings here and there, chatting up with his colleagues and then approving some reports with his signature on the papers; those are his deal almost every day of the week and he never minds doing that routine. Even though, sometimes, some things are truly annoying that he gets mad.

But anyway, that routine doesn't change at all, the odd one is what happens when he goes home.

After getting off at the bus stop located closest to his apartment, Yifan continues his way home by walking, pretty much tracking back his route when he left for work that morning. The temperature that evening isn't as cold as he has predicted and there aren't many people staying outside that Monday night, making it a good chance for him to enjoy the calm evening walk.

The slight spoiler of winter air teases his hair, tousling the strands gently as it his cheeks cold, leaving him desiring a warmth. Yifan is reminded about Sehun who is waiting for him in their apartment, the dog hybrid has sent him messages hurrying him to come home soon because he has cooked kimchi fried rice for him. At that, a fond warm smile almost grows on his face if not for the rustling sound coming from a dark alleyway.

Flinching at his spot in surprise, Yifan guesses that it can be just a cat when he hears a small meow after the initial rustle. He is about to leave it, but he catches a big silhouette of a person instead of a small cat slipping to the end of the dark alley, at the corner of his sight. Frowning warily, and curious, the tall man steps a bit into the alleyway and voices out an unsure “Hello?”

A low hiss is the only answer to his call, making Yifan to bite his lip worriedly at the weak attempt to scare him away. While wondering if that someone is in trouble, he takes out his phone and turns on the flash. Carefully, he directs the light toward where he has seen the figure move to and find a pair of worn out shoes hiding behind the piles of trash. He almost thinks that it is an old unused pair of shoes with no owner, but then it moves trying to hide further beyond his flashlight reach, completely proving him wrong.

This time, knowing that there is indeed someone -not a cat- there, Yifan calls and steps closer while trying to coax whomever it is to come out. But they don’t move from the position even until Yifan reaches them. Finding out that the figure is a teen cat hybrid, Yifan only needs an onceover look to know that the cat is either running away from his owner or kicked out from his old home.

Squatting in front of the cat hybrid who hugs his legs closer to himself, Yifan's eyes soften at the scared look of the young cats.

“Who are you? Are you alright?” He asks the cat gently, but gets no reply from him, only a hiss and hands trying to push him weakly. That action worries the human even more, especially when he saw the cat's appearance -al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter