Prologue

Dog and Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We will take a peek at how Yifan had Sehun before starting with the story.

 

 

Prologue


 

When his friends boasted about owning a hybrid pet, little Yifan whined to his mom to get him a pet too. His mom who didn't like the reason Yifan gave her, refused to get Yifan one.

“But the others have one.”

She reprimanded him about it, that Yifan shouldn’t think of hybrid pet like a toy which he could easily get and threw, that hybrid was a living being and had feeling too, they need to be taken care of carefully. If the only reason Yifan wanted one was just because he was envious of what his friends had, she wouldn’t allow Yifan to have hybrid.

Yifan sulked after that but didn’t retaliate, because he knew that his mom was right. “Okay.” He muttered through his pout and went back to his room to work on his homework.

That night, his father who noticed Yifan’s unusually quietness, asked his mother after their family dinner. He listened carefully the whole story and in his opinion, Yifan wanting a hybrid could be used to teach Yifan how to be responsible. When Yifan’s mother protested, he added. “Beside, Yifan is always alone at home when we work all day. And his caretaker can only be here every once in a while, not all the time. Giving him a hybrid can be a good way to find some sort of friend and companion for Yifan.”

Some days after Yifan’s mother agreed to her husband, they talked to Yifan about it. The unexpecting boy couldn’t be anymore delighted to hear it, especially when his caretaker who was a volunteer worker in Hybrid center, also supported the idea and more than willing to help teaching Yifan how to take care of hybrid. After some more talks and Yifan promising his parents that he would take good care of his hybrid, they agreed to get a hybrid on Saturday morning and left their Sunday free so that they could monitor Yifan’s first two days with the hybrid.

At the end of that week, his parents purposely took a day off from work and brought him to the hybrid center where Yifan’s caretaker was volunteering. Upon entering, Yifan was entertained by the sight of adult hybrids and some younger ones working as a staff there while the much younger hybrids playing around in the premise.

Soon, Yifan’s caretaker approached and welcomed them there with a teenager hybrid, on her name tag was Krystal, followed shyly behind her. Just like usual when the caretaker met the Wu, they greeted each other and talked endlessly about one topic, which was on that day, about Yifan getting a hybrid. Feeling impatient throughout the adult chitchatting above him, Yifan latched onto his caretaker's apron and pulled on it.

“Amber Noona.” He whined, eyes opened wide pleading at her to let him find his hybrid. His little action brought fond laughter to the three adults and the hybrid that they ruffled his hair adoringly.

“Okay, Small Boss.” Amber said, using the nickname she had given to the small boy as she grabbed his hand and let the Wu’s further inside. “Let's find you a cool friend.”

They walked through the large building in a not so long time. They only stopped short in one area for a brief look before moving on to the next place. It was Yifan’s idea, the boy said that he needed to look at everyone before deciding which one he wanted.

“They are too active.” He said when they passed the area for rabbit hybrid. Loud laughter could be heard even from outside and Yifan watched with wide eyes as the young rabbits inside running around in group, probably playing tags.

“Too silent.” He commented when they passed by wolf area. Most of them were cuddling and napping on the pillow nest.

“Too cautious.” He pouted at the kittens who only looked at him and keeping distance.

“Too playful.” He looked almost scared when he saw two little foxes making a huge mess in the middle of their playing room.

His caretaker laughed nervously. She had already known from her time with Yifan that her small boss was picky when it came to his necessities, she was kind of expecting that he would be picky too when choosing his hybrid. But, that day, he was very picky, more than usual. One thing which showered wonder on his parents too because their little boy was taking this seriously like he had promised.

They were now stopping by the puppies area. Just like at the others previous areas, Yifan peeked from the glass door to see what t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter