Distraction Part 2

Distraction

“Stal, how many times do I have to tell you that Hobi and I aren't an item”

 

“Sure you are” Krystal said sarcastically. Seungwan rolled her eyes and was about to respond but Krystal diverted her attention elsewhere.

 

“Hey Seul!”

 

“Hey” Seulgi greetted happily back as she plopped down on the seat beside Seungwan.

 

“Well someone's in a good mood”

 

“Why wouldn't I be?”

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow but decided to not dwelve deeper.

 

“How was the date?”

 

Seulgi spat out some of her banana milk.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You know, Yeri’s date?”

 

“Yeriminnie went on a date?” Krystal asked as Seulgi wiped off the mess she made.

 

“Yeah, this past sunday. So how was ‘chaperoning’ them?”

 

“Umm… well it was fine”

 

“You're looking away. That means you're trying to hide something”

 

“No, I'm not” Seulgi said but then sighed. “Okay fine, I give. I didn't get to actually ‘chaperone’ them”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Yeri’s date, Jungkook, brought his hyung and sort of ditched us. Then I went on a date? With his hyung”

 

Seungwan was silent to Seulgi's confession while Krystal seemed to be in deep thought.

 

“Yeri’s date, Jungkook, do you mean Jeon Jungkook?” Krystal asked slowly as Seulgi nodded in confirmation. The former’s eye widened and she leaned closer to Seulgi.

 

“Then which hyung exactly?”

 

“Uh Park Jimin”

 

Krystal stood up with a gasp and started pointing at Seulgi without saying anything. She then made some gurgling noises and soon regained the power of speech.

 

“You went out on a date with Park Jimin!?”

 

“Well it wasn't a date exactly”

 

“Where were you?”

 

“A-at the Amusement Park”

 

“Then did you perhaps ended the day watching the fireworks display at the Ferris wheel?”

 

“We did”

 

“Then its a date” Krystal said with finality and returning back to her seat. Seulgi stared at her her friend and shook her head.

 

“I wouldn't say it is”

 

“Oh it so is, honey”

 

“How so?”

 

“Jongin did the same for me. And I admitted that it was a date”

 

“Nu uh”

 

“Yeah uh”

 

“Nope”

 

“Yep”

 

“Definitely not”

 

“Absolutely Yes”

 

“What's going on here?”

 

“Oh Hoseok, you're here!” Seungwan greeted the boy and gestured him to sit down which he did. Krystal and Seulgi ended their little argument and greeted the boy to which he replied to.

 

“Say Hobi, if a guy were to take a girl out would it be considered a date?”

 

Hoseok, shocked at the question turned to look at Seungwan first. To which she gave a shrug and a look that said ‘just answer her’.

 

“Well, it won't be considered a date unless the girl says so”

 

“See, it was a date”

 

“No it wasn't cause I didn't call it a date”

 

“Uh you so did. You said and I quote ‘Yeri’s date, Jungkook, brought his hyung and sort of ditched us. Then I went on a date with his hyung’. You called it a date that means it was a date”

 

“No I said ‘Then I went on a date? With his hyung’ to which I used ‘date’ for the lack of better term”

 

“You still called it a date”

 

“It technically doesn't count”

 

“It technically does, right Hobi?”

 

With the gazes of the three females at him and one who looked ready to pounce while the other two looked with much interest, he prayed for his life.

 

“I think my dongsaengs are calling for me”

 

“Hobi, sit back down” Krystal said with conviction that Hoseok did sit back down while Seungwan felt pity for the person. She just patted his arm and smiled apologetically. Hoseok smiled back, now having the coirage to face the women who were now having an epic stare down.

 

“I repeat my question again. It technically does count, right Hobi?”

 

“Sorry Seul but yes it does”

 

“Called it” Krystal cheered while Seulgi blushed and glared at her. “Thank you Hobi for your male input. You may now go”

 

“Uh yeah sure. You're welcome? Bye Seungwan!”

 

With that said he left, a bit confused of what just went down. He crossed the cafeteria and sat down at his usual table with his group.

 

“Oh hyung, you're here. Did you ask your classmate on the project you were working on?”

 

Hoseok turned to look at his dongsaeng and shook his head. “Didn't get to. Her friends asked me a weird question though”

 

“Oh?”

 

“Which reminds me. Yah! Park Jimin! You didn't tell me you went on a date. C’mere you rascal”

 

“What the- Did Kookie tell you? Also it wasn't a date!”

 

“Kookie didn't tell me. Seungwan’s friends did.”

 

“Wait what's this about Jiminie going on a date?”

 

“It's not a date. We were just hanging out since Jungkookie decided to ditch us. And I already told you about this, TaeTae”

 

“Oh the ‘hang-out’, right.”

 

“Hang-out my foot. It totally was a date”

 

“Huh? How can you say, Hobi-hyung?”

 

Hoseok scratched his head in frustration.

 

“Kang Seulgi is one of Seungwan’s friends”

 

Teahyung and Jimin just stared at him. Then,

 

“Bwoya!? Jjinja?”

 

“Eeh!?”

 

Jimin even stood up from his outburst, catching other people's attention even from across the cafeteria. Jimin turned to look behind him and he saw Seulgi popped her head up as if sensing that someone had called her. He immediately turned around, hoping she didn't see him.

 

“She goes here too!?”

 

“ChimChim’s date goes here?”

 

“Shush. And yes”

 

Jimin sat back down and banged his head on the table in embarrassment.

 

“Hey at least now you won't have to ask Kookie to orchestrate your date”

 

“Shut up” but his ears and neck going red said otherwise.

---

“Gosh, you're lucky you got a date with Park Jimin”

 

“You already have Jongin and we've been over this. That was a week ago”

 

“I know, I know but have you seen Park Jimin! That man can pull off cute and y at the same time. And I heard he was gentlemanly too! The perfect ideal man!”

 

I know right! Her giddy inner self whole heartily agreed but she said,

 

“You said the same thing about Seokjin-sunbaenim”

 

“Cause that man is an ideal man too”

 

Seulgi sighed and decided to not further get into the conversation. She returned her focus at her sketch. She was drawing a fairy sitting on a flower.

 

“Hey Seul, you wouldn't mind if I leave you right?”

 

She just hummed in reponse, too focused at her task at hand. Krystal smirked and left her spot beside Seulgi. Seulgi was blissfully unaware of her surroundings, to deep into her work to notice someone had sat beside her. And it wasn't Krystal.

 

“Nice Art”

 

Seulgi turned to her right, totally startled from the deep voice. It was a boy. He was giving her with what seems to be a boxy smile.

 

“Uh, thanks”

 

“I'm Kim Taehyung”

 

“Kang Seulgi” she accepted his handshake gingerly. A bit creeped out by him.

 

Ahh so this is the infamous Kang Seulgi. Jimin's date. She's pretty. But my heart belongs only to Joohyun-noona!

 

Teahyung then spotted a familiar person not too far from them. He stood up immediately.

 

“Well it was nice meeting you, Seulgi-ssi but I have to go now. Bye!”

 

With that Teahyung left, leaving Seulgi in a confused manner.

 

“Yah! Kim Taehyung” a familiar voice shouted from behind her. She turned around to confirm her suspicions and she was spot on.

 

There he was. Tousled black hair from either from running or him running his fingers through it, dark brown eyes glinting in the sunlight, his doll-like lips, his sharp jaw line and his beautiful fair skin. He stopped infront of her to pause for a breath. And she can see a drop of sweat slide dwon from his forehead to his nose and drop to the ground.

 

“Jimin”

 

She had muttered his name unexpectedly and he turned to her fast. Her eyes widened when they meet each other's eyes. She gulped and bit her lip, not trusting her voice.

 

“A- Annyeong”

 

She nodded in return and smiled timidly. He smiled too and hid half his face to cough on his hand.

 

“So how have you been?”

 

“U-uh good. I've been good. You?”

 

“Oh I've been doing fine. Just fine”

 

“Didn't seem that way”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You were just chasing your friend a while ago”

 

“Oh. You saw that, huh?” he chuckled while scratching his nape.

 

“Yeah, your friend seems lively”

 

“Taehyung? Uh yeah. He's always like that”

 

“Why were you chasing him, anyway?”

 

Jimin looked away, blushing. The reason he was chasing Taehyung was because the latter took his phone. He had been staring at his phone for the past week finding the courage to send a simple text to the girl infront of him now. Jungkook had given him Seulgi's number because apparently Yeri gave it to him. And Jimin didn't know what to do with it. Taehyung grabbed his phone and threatened to send a text to Seulgi and that was when their game of tag began.

 

“Uh no reason”

 

“So you were just playing tag?”

 

“Not exactly”

 

“Then?”

 

“Fine I give. He stole my phone”

 

Seulgi giggled at his confession and that just darkened his blush. She walked closer to him and poked his cheek.

 

“Kyeopta. You don't have to be embarrassed”

 

Seulgi wanted to die right then. She had just poked his cheek and called him cute. Fortunately, he didn't comment on any of those and just chuckled. Jimin didn't comment on it just cause he was sure both of them would explode in embarrassment.

 

“It's kinda embarrassing to say though”

 

“W-what's so important about your phone anyway that you had to chase him?”

 

“He threatened to send a text”

 

“A text to whom?”

 

To you. He wanted to say but he didn't have the courage to do so.

 

“Uh a friend?”

 

“Doesn't sound like just a friend”

 

“A crush then” Jimin said then almost took his words back. After all, the ‘friend’ he was referring to was beside him and him saying that she wasn't just a ‘friend’ but a ‘crush’ was well embarrassing. Seulgi blissfully unaware grinned and began teasing him.

 

“Ohh, a crush? Do tell”

 

He awkwardly laughed and prayed that he could survive this. And how in the world, can you explain that the ‘crush’ you were referring to was the person asking who it was herself.

 

“Uhm, well she has brown hair. Pretty eyes, a cute nose, pink pretty lips and a laugh that of a windchime”

 

Seulgi blew a raspberry at him. Which he found adorable.

 

“I wanted to know who, not for you to describe her”

 

“Well that's for me to know and you to find out” He said smirking and poking her nose. He then walks away, which she didn't want him to. She wasn't finished interrogating him.

 

“Hey wait” she said grabbing her sketchbook and bag from where she left it and caught up with him soon.

 

---

“Tae”

 

“Oh hey Chim” Taehyung greeted then backtracked. His eyes widened then he started running. Unfortunately for him, Jimin caught him by the shoulders.

 

“I'm sorry, Jiminie! Please spare my life! I swear I didn't send her a text! Cross my hear and hope to die!” Taehyung immediately said begging on his knees.

 

Jimin sighed and chuckled over his friend's actions. He just put his hand out.

 

“Just give me my phone”

 

“You're not gonna punish me whatsoever?”

 

“Who said I wasn't? I'm telling Joohyun-noona”

 

“Wae? Chim Chim don't! She's gonna kill me!”

 

“That's why you shouldn't mess with her favourite cousin”

 

“I hate you” Taehyung said glaring at his so traitor of a  bestfriend. Jimin just smirked in return.


“The feelings mutual”

---

“Unnie! Annyeong!”

 

“Oh Sooyoung-ah. Annyeong!” Seulgi greeted the younger girl with a smile as she entered the house and gave the younger one a hug.

 

“How was the trip?”

 

“Fun but exhausting”

 

Sooyoung sat down and watched the older girl from her position in the sofa noticing that her unnie seemed to be a bit brighter, almost glowing.

 

“Unnie, you seem to be in a good mood”

 

“Why wouldn't I be?”

 

“Because midterm test are approaching”

 

Seulgi frowned thinking about that but then smiled just afterwards. “Oh well I've decided to look at life positively”

 

“Any particular reason?” Sooyoung asked mischievously. And Seulgi turned to her with a light glare.

 

“Yah! Sooyoung-ah. Just go unpack your things”

 

The younger girl pouted but did as she was told. But before she went upstairs, she stopped and leaned over the railings.

 

“By the way, how did Yeri’s date go?”

 

Seulgi blushed remembering the day and this didn't go unnoticed with Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

“Just ask her when she gets home. I have to cook dinner. Now go unpack”

 

Sooyoung just smiled, going upstairs. Taking note to ask Yeri every tiny detail about her date.

---

“And then Jungkook brought me to those toss hoop games and he won and got me this Squirtle right here and-”

 

Sooyoung fully listened to Yeri as she rambled on how her date went.

 

“And after the fireworks he kissed me on the forehead!”

 

“Just the forehead?”

 

“Yah! Enough about me though. What happened to your trip?”

 

“My trip oh well it was fun especially the seminars!”

 

Sooyoung then went on about the trip she'd been. The trip was school-related of course. It was for the broadcasting club. Theye were sent there by the school to attend seminars and join the competition. Sadly, they only won 3rd place so they won't be qualifying for nationals.

 

“Oh! I forgot to ask. You said that Seulgi-unnie wanted to ‘chaperone’ you and Jungkook but you both ditched her with his hyung, right? ”

 

“Yeah”

 

“What happened to them? I mean when I mentioned your date, Seulgi-unnie blushed! She blushed!”

 

“Oh I know right! Whenever I ask her about what happened to them, she would blush and look away. And she would have this faraway look in her eyes”

 

“Omo! What could've happened between them? And who is this hyung of your Jungkookie that made our unnie blush anyway?”

 

Yeri blushed when Sooyoung said ‘your Jungkook’ but recovered easily.

 

“I remember his name being Park Jimin”

 

“Bwoya!? Jjinja?”

 

“Yeah. Wae?”

 

“Park Jimin is the prince! The prince I tell you. He's the other ideal man besides Seokjin-sunbae.”

 

“Jjinja?”

 

Sooyoung nodded vigorously. “I went to the same middleschool as him, that's why I know him. I knew Jungkook too but he was always at the sidelines unlike Jimin-sunbaenim. He was a Student Body officer since 1st year and he was their class president too. Everyone had a crush on him”

 

“Even you?”

 

“Well how could I not! But my heart is forever sold to Seokjin-sunbaenim”

 

Yeri giggled at Sooyoung’s words. Then there was a knock on Yeri’s bedroom door, and Seulgi's head popped out.

 

“Hey dinner’s ready”

 

“Neh!” Both replied as they both stood up to go downstairs.

 

“What were you guys talking about? You were both pretty loud”

 

“Jimin-sunbaenim”

 

Seulgi turned around to face Sooyoung.

 

“You know Jimin?”

 

“Of course, Unnie. I did go to the same middleschool as him. How about you unnie? How do you know him?”

 

Seulgi paused and softly replied.“I went on a date with him”

 

She then walks away as the her dongsaengs process the information.

 

“What? Jjinja?”

 

“Unnie, was this during mine and Jungkook’s date?”

 

“No.”

 

“Was this your 2nd date with him?”

 

“Yes- I mean No!”

 

“Omo! Unnie! Tell me everything!”

 

“Sooyoung-unnie, it's tell US everything!”

 

“I'm not telling you both anything!”


“UNNIE!”