Distraction Final

Distraction

“So Seulgi, I heard you went on a date”

 

“Wannie, that's nothing new. We already know that”

 

“No, no, this one was more recent. Particularly just yesterday”

 

Seulgi turned to Seungwan with wide eyes, wanting to know how the heck did she find out.

 

“Yesterday? When you ditched me? I was wondering where you went and now I found out you went on a date!? With who?”

 

“Who else, Stal?”

 

“OMG! You went on another date with Jimin!” Krystal squealed loudly, eliciting attention from other people.

 

Seulgi turned beet red and tried to hide her face with her banana milk. But Krystal wasn't having it.

 

“Tell me the details now. Every bit of it. Wait, start from when he asked you out, no, start from when you meet again”

 

“Nothing special happened” Except the fact that he asked for another date.

 

“Yeah right. I know that face of Kang Seulgi. That's the face when you're trying to hide something. Wait, Seungwan how did you know of this date?”

 

Now it was Seungwan’s turn in the spotlight. The said girl also seemed to turn red.

 

“Uhm well, Hobi and I were there when they entered the café, blissfully unaware of our presence”

 

“And what may I ask were you and Hoseok-ah doing there? On a date, perhaps?”

 

Seungwan didn't answer, opting to chew on her sandwich. Krystal narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

 

“You both and your denials. No wonder you're bestfriends. Wannie, your off the hook for now. I'm gonna focus in getting answers from this lady right here first”

 

Seungwan exhaled in her temporary escape while Seulgi's eyes widened for being in the spotlight again. Without a second thought, she bolted out of her seat.

 

“W- what? Yah! Kang Seulgi! You can't escape!”

 

With that, Seungwan was the only one left in the table. She sighed at her friends’ antics and decided to grab their things.

---

Seulgi ran and ran. She didn't where she was going but all she knew was that she needed to escape from Krystal. Not looking where she was particularly running, she bumped into someone. Someone's chest to be exact. She looks up to see who it was, only to pause.

 

Seulgi knew she liked his height from the minute she met him. He wasn't particularly too tall nor too short for her. He was just right. After all, it wouldn't be too hard for her to stand on her toes and capture those doll-like lips of his. And now, in her position she could do just that. His lips were a mere inch away from hers! She could even feel his fast heartbeat with her hand being on his chest. The same pace that her heart was on.

 

A forever or two passed and like a mannequin, neither had moved from their position. Breaths hitched, heartbeats fast and eyes lost on each other. His gaze slowly goes down to her lips which were a bit parted as she pants. He idly wonders if she had been running. If then, why? The moment held on longer until someone decided to smack him in the head, finally making his lips touch hers.

 

Taehyung had been looking for Jimin for an hour now and he has yet to see a shadow of his friend. And when he finally did spot him, he didn't know what came over him that he decided to smack Jimin in the head. Only to be surprised when he realizes what his action had caused. Way to go! He thoughts as he stops himself from making a sound.

 

He just made Park Jimin unintentionally kiss Kang Seulgi!

---

“Yeri, where’s Seulgi-unnie?”

 

“In her bedroom” Yeri answered not looking away from the romantic drama she was watching. There were tears in the younger’s eyes already.

 

“Then who’s making dinner?”

 

“Seungwan-unnie came over”

 

Sooyoung nodded her head and head over the kitchen to help Seungwan.

 

“Hey, Unnie!”

 

“Oh, Sooyoung! Annyeong”

 

“Whatcha making?”

 

“Ramyeon and Kimchi. Because apparently those are the only things I can make here”

 

“Yeah, we haven't went grocery shopping yet”

 

“You should soon”

 

Sooyoung hums in response and watches Seungwan prepare the dishes.

 

“Seungwan-unnie, what happened to Seulgi-unnie? She usually doesn't lock herself in her room like this”

 

“I don't know what happened but she just left school after lunch. I had to come here after class just to give her things. And now here I am”

 

Sooyoung’s eyebrows furrowed. That's suspicious indeed.

 

“I'm going to check on her”

 

“Somebody should”

---

Seulgi sat on her bed with her knees drawn to her chest. She buried her face into a pillow everytime she remembered what happened.

 

She doesn't know exactly how it happened but one moment they were just staring at each other's eyes and the next, they were kissing. His lips were on her. Park Jimin's doll-like lips were on Kang Seulgi's strawberry flavor tinted lips. And they were as soft as she had thought them to be maybe even softer. But she immediately snapped out of her thoughts and broke the kiss. She stared at him and he stared back. She took a step back and ran away. Far away. She ran all the way to her home, hiding in her bedroom.

 

She couldn't face him now or ever. Especially now that whenever she closes her eyes, she could remember the feeling of his lips on her. Then she'd explode from embarrassment. If she were to meet him again, she doesn't think that she could handle it.

 

She groaned and buried her face in her pillow. Stop! Thinking about it! Stop! Thinking about it!

She continuously chanted as a mantra to stop herself from thinking of it.

 

A knock from her door made her pause.

 

“Unnie” Sooyoung’s muffled voice came from right outside her door. “Do you wanna talk about it?”

 

Seulgi sighed and opened the door to let Sooyoung in. Once Sooyoung entered, she plopped herself beside the older one on her bed.

 

“So-”

 

“Sooyoung what would you do if let's say that a guy you may or may not be attracted to accidentally kisses you? It's all hypothetical of course”

 

Sooyoung was taken aback by her unnie’s ‘hypothetical’ situation. But pieced the pieces together. It really wasn't hypothetical.

 

“Well I guess first I would figure out my feelings if I really like him or not. Then umm- confront him about it? And soon maybe I can even confess”

 

Seulgi nodded seriously at what Sooyoung advised.

 

“But unnie, that's what I would do. Now I'm asking you what would you do in the hypothetical situation”

 

“Probably do what you said too”

 

“Are you?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I'm asking if you really are doing it, following what I advised”

 

“It's just a hypothetical situation, Sooyoung-ah”

 

“Is it?”

 

“... Yes? “

 

Seulgi stayed silent as Sooyoung’s eyes narrowed in suspicion.

 

“No, it's not”

 

“What happened, Unnie?”

 

And so Seulgi told her everything from start to finish without missing anything. Once she was finished Sooyoung nodded slowly, digesting the fact.

 

“So what now?”

 

“I don't know! We don't even have a label”

 

“Do you want a label?”

 

“Yes-No! I don't know. I just don't want to keep referring to him as a friend when I see him as something more”

 

“You met him not too long ago though”

 

“Yeah but would it be too cliché to say it just doesn't feel right to being just his friend”

---

When Seulgi ran away, Jimin wanted to run after her. But his feet stayed glued to the ground. He watched her grew smaller until she was longer in his sight. He touched his lips and remembered the feeling of her lips on his. She tasted like Strawberries.

 

He then turns to his idiotic friend who decided to smack him in his head. He was both feeling grateful and murderous to his dear friend. But mostly it was the former.

 

“What the heck, Tae!?”

 

“I'm sorry but hey you got to kiss your crush!”

 

“Yeah which, by the way, thanks because now she won't talk to me”

 

“What? You got it wrong, Chim. Now both of you can solve this unresolved tension between both of you”

 

Jimin stared hard at Taehyung’s boxy smile. And walked off.

 

“I'm telling Joohyun-noona”

 

“Wha- Jiminie!!! I'm telling Kookie and Hobi-hyung then”

---

Seulgi exhaled and inhaled. Her heart was beating so fast and the butterflies in her stomach won't stop fluttering. She was just going to school! But knowing that he went here and could possibly meet him in the hallways terrified her. But then again, she'd been going to this school for 2 years now and she hadn't met him then. Or maybe she was busy stuffing her nose on books or too shy to look at strangers. Either way, she hoped she wouldn't cross paths with him. After all she wasn't ready to confront him yet.

 

Just her luck though as she rounded the corner, she had bumped into him, the same way as before. But instead of freezing like a mannequin like before, this time her body automatically moved. Making her ran, ran away from him.

 

The next time they meet again was when Seulgi was by the vending machines. She was happily purchasing a small can of pringles when the machine stopped and left her pringles hanging.

 

“Oh come on!”

 

“Here,let me help you” Jimin said as he pushes a dollar into the machine and presses the same order making her pringles fall along with his.

 

“Thanks” she muttered meekly not making eye contact as she  grabs her pringles. She then turns around, walking away from him. She heard him sigh but just kept walking.

 

The third time they meet, was the place where they met the first time after their amusement park date. He was walking to his next class, and she was walking to Seungwan’s class. They stopped infront of each other and stared. She made the first move and walked again, without saying anything. He steels his nerves and calls her out.

 

“Seulgi”

 

She freezes and she regrets so as he walks and stands infront of her. She doesn't look up, knowing how his eyes could hypnotize her.

 

“Seul, I know things have been awkward between us lately and that's partly my fault but mostly Taehyung’s. And I'm sorry if uh the k-kiss bothered you or anything, it was unintentional. And well, I missed you Seul”

 

He said it all in one breath. Good for him, bad for his dignity and lungs. He rubbed his nape as he waited for a reply. And he just noticed that he was holding her hand, and she hadn't looked up to him. Probably busy staring at their intertwined hands like he was doing now. He swears he didn't grab her hand, but maybe he did it unconsciously.

 

Seulgi blushed at his words and doesn't dare to look up, instead she busies herself with her hands. But as if hypnotized she grabs his hand and intertwines with hers. Crap. She cursed in her head as he finishes his short monologue.

 

“I like this” she spouts out all of a sudden gesturing to their intertwined hands. Then she slowly looks up to meet his eyes. “And I liked the kiss”

---

“Unnie, Yeriminnie is going on another date with Jungkook” Sooyoung shouted as she spotted Yeri wearing a rather pretty dress.

 

“Yah! Sooyoung-unnie! I don't wanna get killed on my date with Jungkook”

 

“You won't be. But he will be”

 

Soon they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

 

“What? Yeri, you're going on another date with Jungkook? Didn't you just had one last week?”

 

“Unnie, why are you dressed up?”

 

“Huh? Is it too much?” Seulgi asked as she looks down to look at her clothes. She had on an off shoulder black dress with pink floral patterns reaching onto her knees, her hair was tied into two braids and was wearing her favourite white converse sneakers. She was applying light makeup when Sooyoung shouted for her attention, so her make-up was a bit half-done.

 

“Wait, don't tell me-”

 

Sooyoung’s question was interrupted by with the doorbell ringing.

 

“Omo, he's here! I'm not yet ready!” Seulgi said running back upstairs to finish her preparations. Yeri and Sooyoung stared at each other and both ran to the door to peek through the peephole.

 

Standing outside, their humble abode was none other than Park Jimin. He was dressed up rather nicely in a white button-down shirt, khakis shorts and a Ray-Bans sunglasses sat atop his head. And in his hand was a bouquet of roses.

 

Yeri and Sooyoung shushed each other from squealing. And continued smacking each other. Just then Seulgi appears and stares at them weirdly.

 

“Can you guys move? I need to get the door”

 

“Uhm, sure Unnie”

 

They step aside as Seulgi opens the door and steps outside. As soon as she closes it though, Yeri presses her ears by the door as Sooyoung peers through the peephole again.

 

“Ahh thank you Jimin”

 

“It's my pleasure. Shall we go?”

 

“Of course but where exactly are we going?”

 

“That's a secret” Jimin winked at Seulgi while she blushed and playfully smacked his arms. They happily get into Jimin's car with him opening the door for her and they drive off to their date.

 

“Omo! Unnie went on another date with Jimin-sunbaenim!”

 

“Should we just call him oppa? I mean he is dating our unnie”

 

“Calling Jimin-sunbaenim oppa, kinda makes me flustered”

 

“Omo! I know right!”

 

Their giggling was interrupted by another doorbell. Sooyoung makes a face while Yeri brightens up.

 

“And that's your date”

 

“Hehehe Don't worry Sooyoung-unnie, I can ask Kookie to tell Seokjin-oppa to take you out”

 

The older one blushes and playfully smacks the younger one.

 

“Yah! Just go to your date already. Aish this brat”

 

Yeri giggles and goes out to meet her date. Sooyoung smiles as the door closes and locks, she walks back to the couch she was happily sitting on a while ago and takes out her phone. Should I call Seungwan-unnie? No, she's probably on a date with Hoseok-oppa. Krystal-unnie then? Nope, she's also probably on a date with Jongin-oppa too. Is there someone else I can call to squeal over this with? No one!? Curse, my single life!!!

---

The End.