Lines [REVIEW ; MICHAENG]

Angsty Oneshots for Twice

 

Mina pushed the joystick’s buttons multiple times but it seemed like it doesn’t want to work, probably because she hit it hard too many times. Or maybe because it’s broken because it’s always wet because of her tears.She put down the controller and turned off the PS4 to watch some random shows instead.

She played Gta V of course, the game that Chaeyoung introduced her long, long time ago. The game was fun and adventurous. Both of them enjoyed playing together. Mina likes to play counterstrike in her computer, so games that have the same genre as that is no problem for her.

She was staring at the tv for so long, but she was actually thinking of something. She kept asking the same question to herself every day,

Why did she let go?

That night. Just that one damn night.

Chaeyoung wasn’t home often, her excuse was university, classes.

And mina was disappointed and she felt lack of attention.

She promised to wait for Chaeyoung to come home from her arts class at their shared apartment. Chaeyoung told her that she had to finish one special project.

Mina screw up, one time.

She knew Chaeyoung was still innocent, timid and kind. She was holding back, because Chaeyoung wasn’t ready.

Her neighbor, BamBam, came to visit. And it wasn’t a normal night, because they both finished a bottle of wine in just one hour. Each.

She recalled that morning she woke up, bambam was beside her. She stood and stretched a bit, seeing a canvas beautifully placed beside the bedroom door which is slightly parted.

She swear that canvas wasn’t there last night.

A small note sticked on the canvas,

“For you, My Beautiful Minari :) -chaeyoungie”

She take a look at the canvas and a tear fell off her eye.

It was a portrait of her sleeping. The lines, shades, it was perfect.

She figured out that Chaeyoung took months to finish that.

Tzuyu and dahyun which happened to be in the same class with her, told mina that Chaeyoung tore off a lot of pages, threw away a lot of pencils, simply because she said that it’s not good enough, even though her artworks are all considered as a masterpiece.

Tzuyu also explained that she always cried in the arts studio, shaking while holding her pencil.

But she smiled again when the tip of the pencil touches the paper.

And that day when she loses Chaeyoung, was 24th March 2017. Her birthday.

And that was the last time she saw Chaeyoung ever since.

Her little cub disappeared.

Everyone knows that, if the person you love founds someone else, that means she’s tired of you.

And Chaeyoung thought that mina was tired of her. But she left, with a gift, and a tear rolling off.

For all those people said that moving on is easy, it’s not. Well it depends on the person. The more you love that person, the harder it gets. If you don’t , you’ve been lying to everyone all along.

Jeongyeon and nayeon was the ones who dragging her out of the apartment every week. If they didn’t, mina wouldn’t be coming out at all.

Chaeyoung didn’t change her number. She never had the courage to press that dial number. What if Chaeyoung is disappointed? What if Chaeyoung is angry? What if Chaeyoung doesn’t want to pick up at all?

Jihyo did come with the gang to calm her. Guide her, because this isn’t the mina they know.

Minari likes to laugh.
Minari is a comedian.
Minari is sociable.
Minari is open minded.
Minari likes to smile.
Minari is a cheerful person.

But it all turned upside down, when Chaeyoung left.

Chaeyoung didn’t even took her stuff. She just left it where it was since the day she left.

She wore her coat and stepped out of her apartment. She locked the door and walked very slowly.

She remembered how Chaeyoung would smile for her. How she’d laugh at her jokes, how she took care of her when she’s sick.

She was beautiful.

She betrayed a person who loved her sincerely. Like they said, you only know the value of one thing, when it’s finally gone.

Even the gang knew where exactly Chaeyoung was, mina didn’t ask.

Mina doesn’t want Chaeyoung to see the main cause of her worst memory.

She walked down the streets, she looked to the blue sky not minding people looking at her curiously

How she wished Chaeyoung was there for her again.

They never talked about it. It’s like Chaeyoung knew what mina would say.

“Let’s figure this thing out” is the usual sentence.

But for Chaeyoung, her very last thought for mina is “thank you .”

Thank you for being there.
Thank you for the time.
Thank you for the memories.
Thank you for being mine even it’s just temporary.
Thank you for everything.

It’s been a long time mina paid the university a visit.

When she went there,

Chaeyoung’s studio was full with her work. Full with certificates hanging on the wall.

And Chaeyoung was there,

Holding a pencil,

Drawing something.

That’s right.

Chaeyoung was always around. Mina was just too cramped up at home to notice.

Her hair was short.
Short and brown.
She’s wearing glasses,
And a painting brush tucked behind her ear.
Her shirt has a little paint stain.
Her boots are black.

“All i wanted..is a sincere apology.” Chaeyoung chuckled

“You never knew how dead i was.” Mina crossed her arms

“All day. Every second i waited my phone to ring, hoping it was you wanted to talk about this. But you didn’t. You’re so selfish.”

“I know. I’m here to fix this.”

“It’s fine. I’m with Tzuyu now. She’s the person who knows my passion, how much tears i drained out in this very room, how much artwork i ripped off, how much projects i purposely failed. You used to be the one who do that but, someone replaced you and she’s much much better.”

“I’m..Dont you think it was a mistake?”

“What kind of mistake that took you months to feel guilty and finally say sorry?”

Chaeyoung calmly continued to sketch on the paper.

She’s drawing tzuyu.

“I only draw things that I remember.” Chaeyoung smiled

Mina turned away and slammed the door.

She ran and ran.

Until she found a bridge.

She decided to jump,

But the time she woke up,

She’s in the hospital bed.

Jihyo told her the person who saved her died.

It was Chaeyoung.

Her body was found the day before, pale at the shore, still hugging an unconscious mina in her arms.

Her eyes were closed tightly.
But she was smiling.

Chaeyoung is dead,
And mina blamed herself.
That kid is still young and she needs to see a lot of things in this world.
But it stopped right there,
Where the last line her pencil drew,
Because she went to chase mina.


A/N: sorry that . Haha. But if you give ideas I’ll write longer and more interesting though.