Chapter 02

Love Me Till the End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The bar was hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the music that dominates the atmosphere. The crowd was young students from the university for the most part, but there were also many young adults who would visit to drink away their stress and worry from work. As for Jamie, this was where her friend and she would hang out since their college years. They have seen and helped when the bar was at its lowest time so the owner pretty much treats them as family and gives them foods and drinks for free.

 

However, after college, they were rarely able to meet up regularly. Everyone was busy living her own life. They would try their best to hold as many reunions as possible but gatherings in which everyone attended were rare, which is exactly why Jamie decided to take advantage of this opportunity.

 

“WAIT! YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED?!?!?!?!” Solbin stood up from her seat and yelled out loud, grabbing all the attention of the other customers.

 

“Lower your voice… Please… It’s not that big of a deal…” Jamie drags Solbin back down to her seat while lowering her head out of embarrassment.

 

“Not that big of a deal?! Girl, last time we saw you, you were single af,” Hayi joined in, demanding an explanation.

 

“This must be a joke right? I thought we agreed I would be the first one to marry,” Ayeon stated half-jokingly.

 

“It’s not a joke… I’m really getting married,” Jamie whispered, hoping the girls would take a hint and lower their voices; however, they were never the ones to be afraid of causing a big scene.

 

“HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO USSSS?!?!?!?!”

 

“Okay, Solbin, even I think you should calm down,” Newsun comments for the first time while forcing Solbin to take a bite of the chicken to shut .

 

“Mmh-mhhhmmm- hmmm!”

 

“But I agree with Solbin Unnie,” Suhyun adds in, “we didn’t even know you were dating and now you’re telling us you’re getting married?”

 

“Exactly girl, you better explain.”

 

Jamie hesitated. She loved her friends and knew they would be there for her no matter what, which is why she didn’t want to burden them with her problems., “ don’t worry guys… and also don’t hate me for this but… I’ve actually been dating him for couples of years now.”

 

“YOU HAVE WHAT?”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry… I really am… I didn’t tell you guys at first because even I wasn’t sure if this was gonna last and when it did become something real… I don’t know… Never had the chance I guess…”

 

“NEVER HAD THE CHANCE?!”

 

“Okay, someone please, tie her up…”

 

“She’s overreacting but she’s not at fault… Quite frankly, we are hurt…” Hayi expresses her disappointment as the others nod in agreement.

 

Jamie knew she was at fault. She felt even worse for she hasn’t even told them the real reason she is getting married; she was feeding lies and she felt tremendous guilt. Just when Jamie was debating whether she should say the truth, her friends came through, “soooo… because Jamie is at fault, she is treating us to the second round, let’s go dancing before our Jamie never gets the chance again!”

 

“LETZ GO!” Everyone cheered as they raised their glasses. In truth, they were all a little upset by Jamie’s ‘secret’, but they all loved her - they all loved each other. They knew she would feel guilty so they decided to just let it go, knowing she must have had her reason to not tell them until now.

 

“Wait, but before we go… TELL US WHO THE UNLUCKY BASTARD IS!”

 

“Hey, what do you mean unlucky!” Jamie protested.

 

“To have to live with you for the rest of his life, I would say that’s pretty unlucky,” Newsun joked, “so who is he?”

 

“Okay… just don’t freak out… It’s actually Yoongi Oppa…”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Wait wait wait… like… Min Yoongi? Min sunbae?!”

 

“....Yea….”

 

“I KNEW IT!” Solbin exclaims, “I knew there was something going on between you two!”

 

“What?” Jamie unintentionally scoffed at Solbin’s comment.

 

“Min sunbae was known to be cold to girls during college but he was oddly nice to you… I thought he liked you but I heard that he was already dating someone so I just let it go BUT IT WAS YOU WHO HE WAS DATING?!”

 

“Oh my gosh, calm down. And we didn’t start dating until after college so technically, you’re wrong.”

 

“Hey, we all thought something was going on between you guys during college… Although it was short lived due to that rumor…”

 

“Don’t mind that! How did you guys end up dating then? Tell me~” Suhyun, being the maknae of the group, showed her rare aegyo.

 

“Well…” Jamie hesitates while thinking back to the day after that one fateful night…

…….

…..

It's early in the morning and the machines were yet to warm, so Jamie pondered this chance to rest a moment longer, drinking in the aroma of this place. The barista had tired eyes, yet there was that glimmer, a look that gives away his joy of doing what he truly likes.

 

Jamie wondered if she had called him out too early in the morning; however, she could not sleep for a second last night due to his unexpected words. She knew what he had suggested was improbable, insane even, and that it could’ve been the alcohol talking, yet she couldn’t help but hope he was being serious.

 

Just as Jamie was taking in a deep breath to calm her beating heart, a familiar figure walked into the front doors. He quickly spotted Jamie and gave her a quick wave before heading to the cashier to order his drink. Jamie took in his appearan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter