The Happy Ending Date?

The Other Side Of You

D.O.’s winning smile faded. His eyes widened. He then quickly pulled up their nose masker, pulled down their caps and wrapped his right arm around her neck. Nayeon wasn’t thinking on this action actually. She was even more startled than before. More than D.O.

“O-Oppa, what are you doing??” she whispered stutterly. But she couldn’t move either. She found herself fell for his sudden protective side. He was so manly.

“Stay still, just follow me, okay?” D.O. commanded. He was being super serious now.

Nayeon was confused while D.O. was looking around. He seemed panic but tried to hide it. Well, Nayeon was lying. She accidentally spoke anything crossed in her mind. She didn’t know her boyfriend would react that way.

Super over reacting.

“Okay, we’re safe. Let’s get going from here a.s.a.p!” he gave her another command. He just quickly held her left hand and dragged her away.

Oppa, wait!” Nayeon tried to stop him.

“There’s no time, let’s go back to your dorm now!” D.O. kept dragging her back to cinema’s entrance. He just wanted to avoid danger even when he was freaked out. “Call your friend, Jeongyeon-ssi, tell her she needs to leave this cinema building right now!” he kept commanding her.

Oppa, wait a minute, hear me out!” Nayeon broke their intertwined fingers and stopped walking. She pulled down her nose masker and pulled up her cap. D.O. did the same too. He looked around first then looked back at Nayeon. “I was lying, I’m sorry, Oppa..” she said doubtly.

“You what? Why?” he asked calmly. He then walked closer to his girlfriend.

Nayeon hesitated for a while. After some minutes to get herself together, she then explained slowly. “I was embarrassed. That’s all, I swear! I didn’t mean to make you this panic as hell, I’m so sorry, Oppa..”

D.O. was thinking. He was trying to understand her words. And then, “Ahh.. so there was no paparazzi?”

Nayeon nodded.

“Are you sure?? You’re believing what you’re seeing, right?”

She nodded again with the guilty face.

He was quiet. In fact, D.O. just got another good idea. He changed his face expression and put off his cap, revealing how angry his face was.

Nayeon was affraid. And feeling guilty even more. Actually, she forgot that her boyfriend was an actor. She didn’t know her boyfriend was teasing her. “I-I’m so sorry, Oppa..” she said cutely. She wanted to comfort him. “I-I’m really-really-really-really-really-really sorry.. Pretty please??” She knew she could give him a hard time every time she acted cute.

But she was wrong. His boyfriend had restrained himself faster. “Convince me,” he said, giving her a short request.

“What??” She dropped her jaw slightly.

“Convince me that you’re really sorry for lying to me earlier. Convince me with something y this time.”

Nayeon’s jaw had completely dropped. “Se-y?” She repeated his request carefully instead of murmuring.

“Yup!” replied D.O. calmly, “I fall in love to you because you are cute. But now, I feel like my old side has returned. I want to see your y side. Come on, convince me!” He grinned widely.

“R-right now??” she was totally flustered.

 D.O. nodded.

“What should I do??”

D.O. shrugged his shoulders.

“Oh-My-God, Oppa.. I-I never thought you’d be like this..”

“I’d be like what?” asked D.O. still in calm.

“You’d be like.. thinking on y things!” whispered Nayeon in disbelief, “It’s like knowing a completely different side of you..”

“What??” D.O. was way shocked due to Nayeon’s honest opinion about him, “I’m a normal guy though! Every normal guys are the same, Im Nayeon. We like uality, I’ll be honest to you from now on about this side of me too. I’d like you to know this, because you’re my girlfriend. I have to be who I really am in front of my closest person in my life right now. And it’s you. You’re the only person who knows who I really am. I’ve never showed this side of me to anyone but you. You’re the first.”

Nayeon was touched upon hearing what he said somehow. Well, of course she was. She just found out for the first time that her boyfriend had naughty side! She felt like she was the only person in his life that really mattered him the most. But she was sure her boyfriend would still be knocked out, if she stayed on her cute side. Because, cute is what she is. So, she decided to act cute.

She began looking at him with her twinkling and blinking eyes. She even pouted her lips again. “Kyungsoo Oppa~” she attacked him with her cute voice.

But D.O.’s face was still the same, plainly serious. “What are you doing?” he scoffed. He was good in acting, so he was restraining himself the best.

Nayeon was shocked. Normally, her fanboys would be knocked out already when she did that. But, her boyfriend..

“I heard you have the best y charm appeal than other members. What are you doing now?” he asked again. Still, with his plainly serious face.

“Fine!” Nayeon was challenged somehow. She would like to reveal her other side. Her y side.

She walked closer to her boyfriend. D.O. stood still in comfort. He could see how nervous Nayeon actually was. She tried to hide it by looking down while she was walking closer. D.O. grinned. But when Nayeon looked back at him in a very close distance, he noticed her sudden y aura. Her eyes. She looked like she was burning inside. She was being serious to embrace her iness.

She blinked her eyes slowly yet appealing him. She loosen off her hair tie and pulled it back alluringly. Somehow, he was lured by her simple but bold y move. She smirked in a glance. She thought she should take another bold attack.

She kept leaning closer while her eyes were aiming his lips. He thought she would kiss him first, but when their lips almost touched, she pulled it back a little. She then locked her eyes to his and whispered, “Still think I’m cute?” She bit her lower lip a little.

D.O. smiled widely. He was satisfied. “No,” he replied in calm, “You’re alluring enough and I like it even more.”

Both of them then started leaning closer to each other again until..

“Guys!”

Both were stopped and looked at the voice direction.

“Jeongyeonie??” Nayeon was shocked to find her teammate had already stood beside them. She quickly pulled her face away from D.O. So did him.

It was awkward. The most awkward moment for Jeongyeon who interrupted them.

“I hate to interrupt, Unnie, but we must go now. It’s been an hour. Jihyo-nim called me and demanding us to get back to dorm. We have an emergency meeting,” informed Jeongyeon while closing her eyes. She was embarrassed. And waiting patiently for her eldest member to get ready to go back home with her.

“It’s been an hour already??” whispered D.O. He seemed so annoyed to the fact that time flew really fast. “My-My-My.. Time is surely flying fast..” he grumbled.

Nayeon was giggling hearing her boyfriend kept complaining about time. He was so cute. “Well, Oppa..” she said while fixing her nose masker and cap, “What to do? We have to end our tonight’s date now and go back to reality. Our idol life.”

D.O. frowned. “You seem so happy, Im Nayeon. I’m curious..”

“What??” Nayeon chuckled softly, “Look at your smart watch, Oppa! Your next schedule alarm is ringing right now!”

D.O. followed her attention. She was right. It was his alarm to take rest. He smiled. “It’s time for me to take a rest. Not another schedule.”

“Oh, it is?” Nayeon was surprised, “Good for you, then. I still have to wait until this emergency meeting which Jihyo demanding us ends.” She helped him putting back his cap. D.O. kept teasing her by trying to kiss her. Nayeon chuckled happily everytime she succeeded avoiding him. She found her silly boyfriend was being too agressive.

Well..

They were being lovey dovey in front of ‘blind’ Jeongyeon.

Unnie?? Have you, Guys, finished?? I want to open my eyes now, I hate darkness!” Jeongyeon interrupted.

“Who told you to close your eyes, Jeongyeon-ssi?” asked D.O., “Of course you can open them as much as you want.”

“Yes, Kyungsoo Oppa is right. None of us told you to close your eyes though!” added Nayeon, supporting her boyfriend’s opinion.

Jeongyeon replied annoyedly while still closing her eyes, “Hell no! Watching you two being all over to each other like earlier when I found you two?? I have to protect my pure eyes off those kind of things!”

Both D.O. and Nayeon laughed. “Silly Girl,” Nayeon commented. She then looked at her boyfriend and smiled. “Well.. it’s time for us to go back now, Kyungsoo Oppa..” she mumbled softly.

D.O. seemed unwilling to let her go. “I know..” he  said heavily, “Don’t forget to take rest immediately. Your schedules are super hectic since your group is arousing to the top.”

Nayeon nodded cutely.

D.O. smiled back. “Call me when your meeting ends?”

She nodded again and replied with her cute tone, “And I want you to take care of your health too, Oppa. And also..” She hesitated, she glanced to 'blind' Jeongyeon then looked back at him to whisper, “Dream about me tonight!”

D.O. blushed in red. He wanted to hug her tightly and bring her into his room and-oops! He remembered he needed to control himself. He threw his dirty mind away. LOL.

Unnie..?? I’m waiting here~ In the darkness~” Jeongyeon kept interrupting impatiently.

“Open your eyes, Yoo Jeongyeon!” shouted both D.O. and Nayeon together.

Hul..” sighed Jeongyeon, “Don’t try to do anything lovey dovey in front of me!” She warned two people in front of her. But, she was still hesitant to open her eyes.

“We won’t!” promised Nayeon. She then winked to her boyfriend and he approved.

Jeongyeon took a deep breath. She counted in her mind.

1.

2.

3!

“YO!!” screamed Jeongyeon and quickly closed her eyes again.

She just watched how Nayeon gave D.O. a peck on his left cheek. The older girl was putting her lips onto his cheek comfortably. And the older boy was smiling widely because he was too happy to receive his girlfriend’s peck. D.O. and Nayeon laughed together having Jeongyeon’s shocked reaction. They were just teasing her on purpose.

“I can’t stand it again!” she pissed. Jeongyeon was determined to bring her eldest member go back to their dorm. “Let’s go, Unnie! I’m sorry, D.O. Sunbae, excuse us first!” she said then dragged Nayeon away.

“Jeongyeonie, wait a minute!” Nayeon’s right hand was still being held by D.O. tightly.

“Jeongyeon-ssi, where are you taking my girlfriend? Wait, we haven’t finished our date yet!” D.O. complained.

“Sorry, Sunbae, it’s time for us to get back and attending our emergency meeting!” replied Jeongyeon while trying to break their holding hands. She meant to jokingly be harsh on them.

Nayeon was laughing instead of having Jeongyeon and D.O. were dragging her oppositely. She felt her bestfriend and her boyfriend being too funny.

“Im Nayeon, tell her to let you stay with me an hour more! I’ll drive you home!” D.O. bargained.

“What??” Jeongyeon gasped, “Hell no, Sunbae! She is leaving with me and we are leaving now! We need to!” Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon as strong as she could. But D.O. still managed to hold them.

“Guys…!! I’m in pain! My arms are seriously in pain!!” shouted Nayeon desperately between her chuckles. Jeongyeon and D.O. were too childish and stubborn.

“Let her go with me! You’re hurting my girl!” commanded D.O.

“No way! You let her go, Sunbae! Seriously, we’re going to be late to attend the meeting! What is so wrong with you??” Jeongyeon wouldn’t give up easily.

“Fine,” D.O. let go Nayeon’s right hand. He was joking on them. He laughed so hard and hug Nayeon quickly. “Drive safely, alright?” he told his girlfriend not to drive speedly. Nayeon nodded cutely. He then tapped Jeongyeon’s back, “I send her back to you, please take care of her while I’m gone, alright?” Jeongyeon nodded. He smiled proudly and mouthed ‘thank you so much’ to her.

Of course he didn’t want to give her girlfriend another trouble by exposing their secret relationship, but what to do? He didn’t want to end his date either. An hour definitely not enough!

“Bye, Sunbae! Drive safely for you too, we’re leaving!” Jeongyeon said goodbye to D.O.

D.O. waved his hand slowly. He waited until his girlfriend and her teammate were getting into her car. And smiled back as Nayeon was waving to him behind her window car.

 

 

 

“Hello?”

‘Morning, Im Nayeon…’

Nayeon grinned as she saw D.O.’s handsome face was smiling widely to her through video call. She was curious when he texted that he wanted to have face time last night. She chuckled to hide her blushed cheeks.

‘Why? Do you feel uncomfort to do this?’ asked D.O. straightforwardly.

Nayeon shook her head quickly and answered, “It’s just slightly awkward, Oppa, nothing else I swear!”

‘What? Awkward? You’re the love of my life, though…’ he started his pick up lines again. Cracked Nayeon up.

“What’s wrong with you and pick up lines, Oppa? Really, I can’t stand it anymore…” she said between her laughters.

D.O. was giggling on himself too. ‘I’m sorry, Im Nayeon…’ he replied, ‘What to do? You said you feel awkward, I’ll be funny to you so you won’t feel awkward anymore. Isn’t that good?’

Nayeon nodded and smiled proudly. “Okay, I got it. I’m just curious, you said to me last night you wanted to have more face time with me from now on. I’m okay with it, no problem at all, it’s just… why??”

D.O.’s face was confused. ‘Of course because I’m missing you, I want to see your pretty and cute face directly through video call. Am I wrong?’

“No, you’re not, Oppa. It’s just… I don’t know, I feel like something must be happened before and made you think that way. Tell me the real reason, I want to know…” Nayeon felt something uneasy when she reached dorm with Jeongyeon last night.

D.O. chuckled. ‘Fine, I’ll tell you why…’ He knew his girlfriend would notice it. He replied in calm, ‘Last night, someone told me that you like hearing my voice. Every time you hear my voice when I call you on the phone, you’ll be tingled. So, I want to see it by myself through video call because we still can’t meet face to face for the next two weeks. Now I can see it clearly by myself. You are very pretty, My Girl…’

Nayeon gasped and choked at the same time. She was about to explode in anytime. Her face warmed quickly. “YOO JEONGYEON….!!!”

 

 

*FIN*