Just Want To Be With You

The Other Side Of You

Nayeon smiled back. She remembered how Jihyo convincing that her boyfriend was so depressed lately. He couldn’t enjoyed his 20’s life normally because of his idol status and huge popularity he got. For instance, it was so hard for him just to take walks around without being followed by fans.

“You must have been in hard times lately, am I right?” asked Nayeon when they walked side by side, holding hands. They looked very happy, instead of lurking around for once in a while just still to be careful of fans or paparazzis.

D.O. looked at her and nodded. “How did you notice?” he asked her.

“Jihyo told me,” she hesitated for a while when she saw D.O.’s face changed. Then she began explaining, “Her sister told her, then she told me. When you and your group were invited to JYP Party People. Jihyo’s sister watched that episode. She’s an EXO-L…”

“Ah…” D.O. reacted. He seemed like a little disappointed to the fact he thought his girlfriend noticed it by herself.

“I’m sorry, Oppa…” she apologized suddenly. She knew her boyfriend was disappointed.

D.O. convinced her in a warm smile. “It’s okay, really. I understand. Beside, around that time we were.. in a break. Right?” he said reassuring. He then paused their walking and bravely pulled his girl’s body closer to his. “And now that we are back together, I can’t describe how happy I am to be with you again…” he whispered while looked at her deeply. Behind his cap and nose masker.

Nayeon was flattered. She never thought her boyfriend would be that clingy and sweet. Ever since they got back together. She remembered how both of them were still acting awkward to each other on their first date. “Thank’s, Oppa…” she whispered.

Both of them then started walking again in silence. Immersed in their own thoughts despite of freezing in the cold neighborhood that night. Once in a while, they accidentally glanced to each other. And smiling after giggling together. They seemed happy to enjoy their second date. So far.

“Oh, Oppa, look at that!” Nayeon gasped.

Even her gasping voice sounded so cute, thought D.O.

Nayeon was pointing to another corner of the parking lot.

D.O. followed her direction, then squinted his eyes to make sure what he saw. “What’s that??”

“A cute stray puppy!” shouted Nayeon almost in scream. She ran to the puppy quickly, left D.O. behind. “Awww.. she’s so cute, Oppa…” She caressed it happily. The puppy itself was a female and stared back at her affectionately. “Oh My God, what to do.. I want to adopt her…”

D.O. then stood beside his girlfriend patiently. He knew she would act that way. To him, Nayeon was the only sweetest girl he had ever known. And he was glad to have her that night. He felt like all his burdens lately was gone the moment he saw her.

“You want to take her home?” asked D.O.

Nayeon looked at him fondly then looked at the puppy. “Sadly, I can’t…” she replied.

“Why?” he was surprised.

Nayeon held the puppy tighter like she wouldn’t let it go. “Because this already has a necklace ID. Someone must be the owner around here…” she explained and showed him the puppy’s necklace.

“You said she was a stray one before. She has a name in her necklace?”

Nayeon checked the name of its puppy. “It says.. Daisy.”

D.O. held his laughters. “Why would you leave a puppy named Daisy in cinema’s parking lot? Let’s take her to dog’s lover community. What do you think? I think she should be lost…”

“She doesn’t lost!” yelled someone behind them.

D.O. quickly pulled Nayeon who was still holding the cute puppy closer to him. “Who are you?” he asked the tall guy in front of them. The guy was wearing brown zoot suit and a nose masker.

D.O. from EXO?? Is that you??” the guy asked them back curiously. And gave them a scanning stare from head to toe.

Both D.O. and Nayeon were worried. They were too shocked to think that the guy must be a fans or paparazzi. “No, he is not!” denied Nayeon faster. She wanted to save their secret status. “Who are you?? He is my boyfriend, he’s just an ordinary guy, you know?? He is not an idol at all! Look at us closely! Do we look like idols?? We’re not! You definitely got us wrong, be-”

D.O. tapped Nayeon’s shoulder. He knew exactly his girl was just too panic. Nayeon stopped talking and looking back at him. He then gave her a ‘what-are-you-trying-to-say-exactly’ look behind his cap and nose masker. She realized her statement wasn’t helping them at all. She then arranged her own nose masker to hide back her face perfectly.

D.O. took over their dangerous situation. “Is this puppy yours?” he asked the stranger calmly.

“Yes, she is! Give her back to me! What the hell were you, Guys, doing? Never playing around with someone else’s puppy!” Luckily, the tall guy was distracted.

Nayeon quickly gave the puppy back to the guy who claimed to be its owner. “Please take a good care of her. She seemed so lonely earlier when we found her…” she gave her note to the puppy’s owner.

“I know it!” said the puppy’s owner again behind his nose masker, “She feels lonely at home, so when I got back from work I decided to take her walking this area. I just got back from my car to take her snack.” He gave his puppy snacks. “Eat them, Girl! Good girl.. Who’s the good girl? Who’s the good girl? Daisy, Girl.. Wooo..!” The puppy’s owner seemed happy in his own world.

D.O. and Nayeon sighed in relief. They smiled to each other behind their nose masker. D.O. then held Nayeon’s right wrist and took her away from the puppy’s owner and his cute puppy. She happily followed his steps behind.

After been away pretty far, D.O. wanted to break their silent moment. He wanted to bring back joy in their first date after break up, despite of being the only living people around that area.

“I didn’t know you’re quite compassionate to puppies. Do you like dogs very much?” asked him.

Nayeon pulled down her nose masker a bit and replied, “I do very much. They are cute.”

D.O. chuckled, “I thought you like bunny more.”

She chuckled along with him and said, “Bunny is my given nickname by fans. Because of my front teeth. They resemble bunny’s front teeth.”

He her front hair bang smoothly. “That’s what makes you cuter than any girl,” he said in his deep voice.

He got Nayeon tingled all over. She felt hot and cold at the same time. Butterflies in her stomach. She was looking at him fondly.

“It’s true, Im Nayeon.” D.O. convinced his girlfriend.

Nayeon looked away. She thought to herself, she needed a distraction. “So…” she was thinking, “How were your days lately, Oppa?” She remembered she hadn’t asked him back. She wanted to confirm herself about some pressures he got while being an idol.

D.O. answered faster than Nayeon thought, “My days were fine. Why? I notice that you seem like trying to convince yourself for something about me…”

Nayeon was dumbfounded. Why would he notice me?? she said in her mind.

“Is there something wrong, Im Nayeon?” D.O. kept asking her back.

“I…” she was thinking so hard on making good excuse, “No-nothing special..” She walked carelessly and accidentally stepped on something, “I just-I-Oh!”

Nayeon groaned and she closed her eyes. She knew she was slipped.

Am I humiliated myself again? Did I hit my body to something?

She opened her eyes and D.O.’s worried face was found in front of her nose. Too close. Oh-My-God.

Time had stopped for a while.

No.

It was like an infinity rewind scene in their minds. And both were mesmerized to each other. The quiet night... the slightly breezy wind... their warm breaths which tickled each others' face skin... those baffled deep eyes... the romantic mood...

“Are you alright, Im Nayeon?” whispered D.O. while holding her. He supported her body to prevent her fell down. And he was the first one to realize their real awkward situation.

Nayeon’s cheeks warmed quickly. She felt her head was dizzy. “T-Thank’s, Oppa…” she said while holding her embarrassment. She then wanted to stand back.

“You better start looking at where you’re going, Nayeon-ah..” D.O. gave a nice suggestion and helping her to stand up. While Nayeon had already felt a huge embarrassment.

“I just noticed how you felt so insecure lately. My mind kept thinking about it..” replied Nayeon out of the blue. She just needed another distraction. “H-how-why would you feel that way, Oppa?”

D.O. smiled widely. He found his stuttering girlfriend was really cute. “Well..” he held her right hand tightly this time, “You know how an idol can get their slumps condition easily when they get too busy. I think I’m on it now..”

Nayeon followed his steps. “Is it because of your movie filming?” asked her trying not to be too nervous. She still hadn’t used to hold hands with him. And definitely concerned about her boyfriend.

D.O. noticed it and jokingly squeezed their intertwined fingers.

“Auch, Oppa!” she groaned cutely. She pinched him lightly on his left arm and pouted her lips.

“I got it, I’m sorry..” D.O. kissed her right hand and held it comfortly.

“Can you answer my last question?” asked Nayeon again. She still pouted her lips too.

What a super cute girlfriend!

“Okay,” D.O. looked at her happily. He exhaled and explained, “I love singing. Being a singer is my passion. When I got accepted being an idol, I thought to myself idol is a singer too. So I’ll do my best to show my ‘not only singing but also dancing’ skill to the audiences. Because I get satisfied feeling everytime audiences are happy to hear my voice. That’s why I trained so hard to improve my dancing skill..”

“And you did, Oppa. Your dancing is amazing,” Nayeon comforted her boyfriend.

“Yours is not that bad too. Despite of being a main vocalist in your group.”

“Fine,” Nayeon laughed, “Both of us then. We’re all good dancers as main vocalists. Are you trying to make me complimenting us? Look how selfish we are, Oppa.”

D.O. joined her chuckles. “I’m joking..” he said, “At first, I just wanted make people happy when they heard me singing. And I did in 2 years after my debut. I got popular. That was also time when I slightly regreted becoming an idol. I mean, look at us now, we can’t even walk without a cap and a nose masker. Don’t you want to have a normal date hours with me?”

Nayeon was thinking. Of course she wanted to date like any normal couple. But she still loved singing and became an idol was her biggest dream when she was in junior high school.

“I know how your idol career is still important, Nayeon-ah.” D.O. stopped their walk and looked at her deeply. “And that was why I decided to take a break with you the other day. I would never forgive myself if our secret dating was exposed. You became an idol through a survival show, didn’t you? I knew how hard that was because I once got through it too. Off camera.”

Nayeon’s teary eyes were visible enough to D.O. He didn’t mean to make his girlfriend got sad all of sudden. “I’m sorry, Oppa..” she said between her sobs. She just got reminded herself how hard her days as a trainee back then.

D.O. then hugged her firmly. He wanted to ease her pain. That was the least he could do, because he knew how it feels like. After some minutes, Nayeon was calm enough and asked her boyfriend to continue his story. They walked side by side again. Holding each others’ hands.

“And then my agency got me an acting career,” he began, “I enjoyed it more than singing, but it made me hugely popular than before. So, I was torn in 2 sides. One side as an idol and the other side as an actor. Those times were so hard. I still had to be an idol and an actor in the same time. Both were exhausting me too much. So, I thought about giving up my idol status. I found that I got too much regret being one. It was no longer giving me happiness the way it was before. Too much regrets.”

Nayeon held back his intertwined fingers tightly. “But, I don’t want you to give up your idol life, Oppa..” Nayeon looked back at him fondly. D.O. smiled. “If you do, we won’t have any other chances to be on stage together.. I will lose you as an idol while I am still an idol too.. I don’t want to feel alone as an idol when you’re not around..” she said almost in whisper.

D.O. pulled down his nose masker. “I can see how much you really love me. Thank you, Im Nayeon..” He also pulled down Nayeon’s nose masker. He just wanted to do something to her. His face drew closer as he gave her a peck on her right cheek gently.

Nayeon froze. She didn’t expect him to give her a peck suddenly. Her boyfriend was once again being too clingy but she liked it! She trembled in happiness.

She knew her boyfriend is a great actor. And she realized he had done kissing scenes too. To be honest, she would always find herself jealous to that fact. But when she was the one that being kissed by him, she could easily feel his true feeling. A pure love that only meant to her.

“Let’s sit there!” D.O. said again excitedly. “Let’s have a light conversation there. What do you think?” He pointed a bench near the very corner of the parking lot.

Nayeon was too knocked out to think. She just followed him ‘unconciously’.

“So.. what else do you want to know about me, Nayeon-ah? I’ll give you all the answers. Even about my past.” D.O. led their talk smoothly. There was a thing he always wanted to know about her.

“Will you?” Nayeon was surprised. She stared at him curiously.

“You don’t trust me? Fine, I’ll ask you first. Then you can ask me back.” D.O. lured her.

“Fine. Go ahead. I’m not scared. If I find out you’re lying to me, I’ll never speak to you again.” Nayeon did not give up easily. She even threatened him.

“So, you’re threatening me?” D.O. pretended he was shocked. Nayeon nodded. “Okay, my first question,” he led her again, “Answer me honestly. Am I your first boyfriend?”

Nayeon choked. Her eyes widened. “You’ve got to be kidding me!” she scoffed but sounded too surprised.

“So, am I your second boyfriend?” D.O. kept asking her.

“What?? No!”

Hul!” D.O. gasped, “So, I’m your third??” He seemed too surprised now.

“No! That’s not what I mean! I mean, seriously, that is your first question to me??” Nayeon tried her best to hide her nervousness, “You said we’d have a light conversation!”

“Yes. Why?” He was back being calm.

Nayeon dropped her jaw slightly. “Well..” she was thinking a good excuse, “You’re being straightforward to me, Oppa?”

“Yes,” D.O. still answered easily.

“Why?” She tried to set a trap on him.

“I asked you first, didn’t I?” He didn’t fall for it.

Nayeon gulped. What to do? He is too clever! “Well.. Fine! You’re my first, Oppa. But, you’re not my first love. Happy?”

D.O. shook his head. Beyond her expectation. He even put on a sad face. “I have to say I feel a bit jealous now. To the fact that I’m not your first love.” He gave his answer too honest.

“Why??” Nayeon fell to his trap instead.

“I wanted to be your first,” D.O. kept replying her in calm, “First love will never be forgotten easily. You will always remember your first. I wanted to be that person for you.”

Nayeon didn’t hear him. “But, I’m not your first love and first girlfriend though, so why would you feel jealous to the fact that you’re not my first either? she asked him back. Seemed like Nayeon kept redoing her same mistake.

D.O. grinned. “That’s a foul. It’s my turn to give you my second question. You already had your first question just now.”

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows. “What?? You set me up!” She was flustered. But it was too late to realize.

“You fell by yourself. That’s not my fault.” D.O. defended back, “Now, it’s my turn to ask you a question. Who was the guy? Who was your first love?”

Nayeon exhaled a deep breath. She gave up. “You want him by his real name or by his nickname?”

“Give me his real name.” He still played safe. Trying to be cool while inside was burning in jealousy.

Nayeon glared at him in disbelief. “What for?? It’s not like you know him or will meet him in the future! He was my high school’s senior! She pouted her lips and grunted cutely. To emphasize she was angry at him.

D.O. nodded. “Fine,” he said, “I lost my interest on him. What to do? I just keep feeling this burning jealousy inside my chest.”

Nayeon laughed. “You’re being serious yet funny, Oppa! This is another new sides of you that I just discovered tonight!”

Keep laughing while you can, Im Nayeon. Ill give you your first undeniably kiss...

“It’s fine,” he replied in his calm tone, “So, your next question to me earlier was, are you my first girlfriend, right?”

Nayeon nodded like she wasn’t interested. She had lost anyway.

“You are my second girlfriend.”

Hearing this somehow made Nayeon also felt something started raging inside. No surprise actually, because he had mentioned it before. D.O. noticed this quietly. “So, we’re even!” she said bitterly, “You’re not my first love! And you will always remember your first love too like I do!”

D.O. catched on something quick, “You still remember your first love??”

Nayeon nodded boldly. “You said so earlier, didn’t you?” She dodged his question.

“Even now??” he was keeping his track to lure her again.

She started to feel uneasy. She hesitated to reply, “S-some times. Don’t you?” She asked him back doubtly.

“I don’t.” He answered very clear.

Nayeon was shocked, “What??” She was feeling guilty, “But you said you will always remember it. Why?”

“You got me wrong. I don’t remember it now. Because, I’m with you. That’s what matters the most. What’s in the past, stays in the past. You will always remember them as who and how. But, those will never interfere your feeling now..”

Nayeon was too scared to look back at him. She spilled her flaw accidentally.

“Beside, you are my first love when I’m an idol. And you are my first idol girlfriend. So.. you are still the most important person in my world and in my heart now. Only-you-now” D.O. drew his face closer to guilty Nayeon and whispered softly, “If you still can’t get over your first love, I’ll make you forget him completely..” He fixed his eyes to hers.

Nayeon was about to fly high because of his intense stare. And for what he said to make her forget her first love. But, she managed herself to stay awake. Wide awake.

“I’m sorry, Oppa..” she finally spoke.

“No problem, My Girl..” said D.O. in calm and super serious face.

“Kyaaauu~” screamed Nayeon cutely. She couldn’t handle his pick up line anymore. She pulled her face away and curled up her fingers.

Both of them laughed so hard. Even D.O. found himself being too sappy. He was too determined to lure his girlfriend earlier. After some minutes, they got hold of themselves again. Being calm and normal.

D.O. noticed the night was getting colder. “Warm enough? Put your right hand into your pocket. I put in a hot pack earlier for you.” He told her.

“Did you?? When??” Nayeon was surprised to find the hot pack inside her pocket.

“The same time when you didn’t notice I’ve arrived here.” D.O. replied while holding his laughter. He found her surprised face was so cute. “You seemed too immersed in your mind when I got here. I even wondered to myself, what were you thinking, Im Nayeon?” he gave her ‘I’m suspecting you’ look.

“You, Kyungsoo Oppa.” Nayeon decided to look back at him deeply. She wanted to make a bold move too that time. “I was thinking where you could be, because I..” but she hesitated for a while, “I couldn’t stand how I’m craving to see you lately!” She quickly looked away and tried her best to calm down her crazy heartbeat.

D.O. was stunned. He knew exactly what she meant. He just didn’t think that his cute and shy girlfriend would bravely say it. While Nayeon was almost dying inside to think what she had said to him. She was too embarrassed to look back at him.

Silence for a moment.

“I..” Nayeon wanted to break the ice. She still blushed in red. “I-I’m sorry, I sh-”

D.O. had locked her lips faster before she could finish her words. He just wanted to kiss her. Softly on her sweet lips. She was surprised but couldn’t avoid him either. She found herself following his bold yet soft lips’ movement. Her boyfriend led their first lips locking moment nicely.

“I love you too, Im Nayeon..” whispered D.O. when Nayeon was still closing her eyes tightly. She was completely blown away by his sweet kiss. Having his cute girlfriend was still mesmerized, he gave her another quick peck on her left cheek.

And he was right. Nayeon was startled and opened her eyes completely. To have D.O.’s handsome face right in front of hers very close.

“What a sudden!” she complained in shocked. And pulled away her face quickly.

D.O. grinned and just leaned closer to her again. “Why don’t you answer my love confession?” he intimidated her. He knew he was being greedy. What to do? He just wanted to hear her keep saying ‘I love you, Kyungsoo Oppa’.

Nayeon was panic. She was embarrassed, nervous as hell, hot and cold inside, trembling, flying like hundreds butterflies in her stomach, scared but liked it too at the same time, all mixed up. She felt her face should be pale instead of blushed in red. “I..” she paused a minute. She realized she needed to move away her body again, trying to have a safe distance while talking to him.

But D.O. still loved teasing Nayeon even more. He kept leaning closer to his girlfriend until she was stuck. If she moved again, she would fall from their bench. “Why do you keep avoiding me, Im Nayeon? Wait, are you really avoiding me now?” he attacked her through another intimidating question.

“I-I’m not!” she answered boldly. Triggered D.O.’s wide smile on his face. He was so ready to hear her saying, “I think I just saw a paparazzi’s car arrived here!”