three.

tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan has been sitting by her window all day long, waiting for the mailman to finally come and she notices that he is running later than usual today. Every day since she’s sent her letter, Seungwan has been waiting for a reply and although it’s a little oldschool, it makes her excited. The moment she spots a familiar white car pull up right outside their gate, Seungwan bolts down the stairs and dashes across the long driveway down to the gates to retrieve the mail. She digs through all of the mail for her parents and her heart drops when she spots a letter addressed to her in his chicken scratch writing. Jumping from happiness, Seungwan doesn’t wait any longer and immediately tears the envelope open to see what’s inside.

 

“Hey Wan-ie,

 

Wow you sure do at writing letters but I don’t blame you. I think it’s a current millennial issue with all this fast past technology and what not. Military life is harsh honestly. It really puts me into perspective of how privileged I’ve been living. I grew up thinking I’ve been humble and kind all my life but maybe I haven’t been a great of a person I thought I was. I try hard to be a good person but I think there is still a lot of room for improvement. Man, being here is really making me think about such things.

I wish I could come see you this summer instead of doing all these drills and what not but a man’s gotta do what he’s gotta do to protect his country. I miss Nana’s cooking though. I can’t wait for my break, I’m going to eat so much of her cooking. Anyways, I hope you’re doing well. I also hope your parents are doing well. Try not to miss me too much, alright?

 

Love,

Yeol Oppa”

 

Every Friday, Seungwan waits for the mailman to come and deliver her letter. On this particular Friday though, she’s more eager than normal as she paces impatiently outside the gates. She checks her wrist watch every other second as if time has drastically changed since the last three seconds she wasn’t glancing at it.

“Miss Son, we have to go now,” Butler John emphasizes as he waits patiently by the car for Seungwan.

“Just one more minute,” Seungwan pouts. “He’ll be here any second now. I just really need to get Chanyeol’s letter.”

Butler John heaves a sigh just as Seungwan jumps at the sight of the mailman pulling around the corner towards the Son estate.

“See!” Seungwan points with a gleaming smile. “I told you!”

 

After finally receiving her letter, Seungwan wastes no time and jumps right into the awaiting car. Instead of reading it, she stuffs it into her purse and goes over her belongings once more to make sure she has all her required documents and what not.

 

///

 

It’s been a very long and strange hundred days for Chanyeol. He didn’t know he could get buff so fast and his body has been pushed to so many levels he didn’t know was possible. Because of his family background, Chanyeol had to try harder than everyone to prove he wasn’t just another stereotypical rich kid. He ran faster than others, shouted until his throat hurt and was more cautious than anyone to not cross any lines. His buzz cut has already grown long and it was about time for a trim already.

Chanyeol isn’t expecting much when he leaves the training facility for his first military vacation. He spots the rowdy younger boys and Soojung standing beside Junmyeon who had planned a break from his own military enlistment so it would overlap with Chanyeol’s. The only one missing is the ever so loud Baekhyun who couldn’t get a break from his base to come see Chanyeol. The older male shoots Chanyeol a knowing smile and quickly waves him over.

“Looking good,” Kyungsoo awes as Chanyeol dashes over to pull them all into one large group hug.

“Seriously, it’s nice to see you guys again,” admits Chanyeol who suddenly feels so touched by seeing familiar faces again.

After getting his round of hugs and teases about his overgrown buzz cut, Sehun suggests they go grab something to eat.

“Did you bring it?” Chanyeol instantly asks and Sehun scoffs in disbelief as he pulls out a pair of keys from his pocket.

“Of course I did,” Sehun tosses it and Chanyeol catches it with one hand and a dumb smile on his face. “You only nagged me about a hundred thousand times to not forget.”

Grinning from ear to ear, he pulls in the younger male for a nice head rub before Sehun manages to shove him off.

“So, where are we gonna go eat?” Chanyeol is nearly skipping by now since he’s so excited to go ride his favorite baby after such a long time away.

“Vivapolo,” Jongin replies which brings Chanyeol to a complete halt because he’s immediately disappointed. “What? Your mom closed down the entire restaurant today because you were coming home. She’s preparing a feast probably big enough to feed all the people here.”

Right at that moment, a cold chill travels down Chanyeol’s spine and when he looks up at Jongin again, he can tell Jongin is thinking the same exact thing by the look of horror that is suddenly seeping into his face.

Kyungsoo quickly catches on and shakes his head. “You don’t think…”

“Hello everyone!”

The entire wolfpack immediately heaves similar sighs at the familiar voice of the Parks’ favorite butler ripping through the entire crowd with the help of a megaphone.

“On the behalf of Comrade Park Chanyeol, heir to Shinhwa Corp, you are all hereby cordially invited to five star restaurant Vivapolo for a night of food and drinks!”

While everyone else’s faces changes from awe to cheers, the wolfpack are all in a state of shock and disbelief. Even when his fellow comrades come thanking him one by one with the fattest smiles on their faces, Chanyeol is frozen in place over his current reality. After taking some time to process the situation, Chanyeol sniffles.

“I’m ditching.”

Kyungsoo nods once and follows right after Chanyeol. “Me too.”

 

When they get to the parking lot, there’s a crowd circling around something but Chanyeol already knows it’s because of his baby and a smirk returns to his face. With a small push of a button, two beeps causes the entire crowd to gasp before they all begin searching for its owner. Eventually all the eyes find their way to Chanyeol and his friends. A small gap begins to open for them but the first thing Chanyeol notices isn’t his beautiful black limited edition lamborghini but instead the beautiful girl that is leaning against it with her porcelain skin creating a dynamic contrast against the car.

“No. ing. Way.”

Even after slapping himself to make sure he’s really not dreaming, Chanyeol still can’t believe who is actually standing in front of him. It’s like a scene right out of a movie where suddenly everything is in slow motion and she’s being swallowed up but a beautiful halo. His heart races and his breath is stolen right out of his lips.

Seungwan fights back the smile that is trying so hard to come through and releases her folded arms. “What took you guys so long? I’m dying of hunger here.”

“Oh,” Junmyeon gives Chanyeol’s shoulder a quick squeeze as he passes on by to his white Mercedes-Benz G-Class that is parked right next to Chanyeol’s lambo. “We forgot to mention that we picked up Seungwan on the way.”

“Damn right you did,” Chanyeol mumbles as he watches Seungwan skip her way over to run right into his open arms. He immediately holds her tight against him and digs his face into her bony shoulder. Her scent is still exactly the same as he remembers it: intoxicating, sweet and alluring.

“Yah!”

Chanyeol spares a glance at their friends who had already boarded Junmyeon’s fancy ride with Kyungsoo seated in the passenger side with the window rolled down.

“Call us when you decide on a place!” Kyungsoo shouts before they finally pull out of the base parking lot.

“What.” Seungwan slightly pulls away to look up at Chanyeol. “Are you guys not going to Vivapolo? Your entire family is waiting.”

Chanyeol scoffs as he wraps an arm around her shoulder. “Are you kidding me? She freaking invited the entire base. I’m not going anywhere near there. I want meat.” An evil grin swipes across his face. “I’m going to ing drown in meat today.”

When he returns his gaze to the tiny girl tucked in his arm, she’s deadpanning at him but he’s used to that and snickers.

“Let’s go!”

 

With the roof down and the wind in their hair, time feels endless as they zip through the streets on their way back to Seoul. There’s nothing but smiles on their faces and like all their previous meetings, time never stands in their way and it’s as if there was a never a year gap since the last time they met.

“Ah,” Chanyeol turns to Seungwan when they come to a stop at a red light. “How long are you here for?”

Seungwan turns away from the window and sinks down into her seat with a small frown. “Until tomorrow night…”

“Only?!”

“If only your break started next week instead of this week, I would be able to be here for longer but it’s about to be spring break so I have exams,” explains Seungwan.

“Bummer,” Chanyeol frowns and it’s evident that he’s also disappointed. “But you know what, it’s better than not seeing one another so until you return home, I’m all yours.”

Seungwan shutters at how cheesy he sounds. She will never understand how girls actually fall for things like this in real life.

 

Although Chanyeol doesn’t call their friends to tell them about their plans, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter