one.

tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan is only four but she’s been to more than enough playdates to know that this playdate isn’t one of the usual. Half hidden behind her father, she peeks out curiously at the older boy who is deadpanning at her with his fat round cheeks and big huge eyes. He’s the son of the corporation president that her parents are meeting today which makes them both heirs to their parents’ corporations and although she doesn’t quite know what that word means yet, she assumes it’s something important because everyone tiptoes around her knowing that fact.

“Chanyeol, why don’t go show Seungwan your toys?” Mrs. Park gives the boy named Chanyeol an encouraging pat on the shoulder when he turns to her with a small hint of hesitation. Seungwan catches him releasing the smallest sigh of annoyance before he turns back to her.

“You want to go see my toys?” He offers in the most unexcited tone one could ever yet nevertheless, Seungwan nods because she knows she has no other choice.

 

He first takes her to a garage that is filled with all sorts of toys and what not. It doesn’t take long at all for them to warm up to one another and soon enough, they’re running around the garage having sword fights and filling the garage with loud squeals of laughter. While they’re running around, Seungwan notices a collar with a bell attached to it and for some odd reason, she picks it up to show Chanyeol.

“What’s this?” She asks and Chanyeol stops his dribbling to take the collar from her hand.

“It’s from my old puppy,” he replies.

“You had a puppy?” Seungwan gasps enviously. “What happened to it?”

Chanyeol frowns and places the collar back on a shelf. “I’m allergic so my mom and dad had to give it away.”

Seungwan furrows her brows at him. “What’s allergic?”

The six year old boy with the dumbo ears and two missing teeth blinks at her before shrugging. “I don’t know. Apparently it makes me sick.”

“Oh,” Seungwan frowns. “So puppies make you sick? That’s sad. What about cats?”

“They make me sick too,” Chanyeol replies with the basketball bouncing off the backboard and onto the ground. “Mom says anything with fur makes me sick but I was okay when I had a ferret. I didn’t sneeze all the time.”

“You had a pet ferret…?”

Chanyeol shrugs. “I had lots of pets. I had birds, fishes… this one time I found a baby mouse and asked Mom if I could keep it but she screamed and yelled at me so I let it go.”

From across the room, Seungwan is frozen and staring at Chanyeol in disbelief. She’s never heard of a person owning that many pets before but she’s so happy she’s not “allergic” or whatever to cats and dogs.

“Hey.”

Chanyeol spins in her direction when she calls and finds Seungwan pointing to a bike.

“Do you know how to ride it?” She asks and Chanyeol comes prancing over with a nod. “Can you show me?”

“Okay,” he agrees. “But you can’t call me, “Hey”. You have to call me “Oppa” because I’m older than you.”

Seungwan purses her lips because she doesn’t see what he big deal is but eventually nods, anything for him to show her how to ride a bike.

 

Chanyeol walks the bike outside to the large driveway in front of the house and gives it a nice warm up ride before coming to a halt in front of Seungwan is is quite fascinated at the fact that he can ride without training wheels.

“Here, your turn,” he says as he pats the seat. “Do you think you can do it?”

Seungwan walks up hesitantly with half of her confidence from earlier somewhere out the door. “Can you hold me?”

Chanyeol nods and steps away for her to get on the bike but he keeps his grip on the back of the seat just in case.

“Are you ready?”

Seungwan nods nervously with her grip tight on the handlebars. In one large leap of faith, she takes her feet off the ground and begins to pedal but that quickly goes downhill and she goes along right with it. She topples onto the ground with a crash and a loud yelp that startles Chanyeol even more than he already is. He’s by her side in an instant after lifting the bike off of her and gasps at the blood seeping through her white stockings.

“Are you okay?!” He looks worriedly at the wound on Seungwan’s knee and she shoots him a confused look before she too notices the blood and instantly starts crying.

“I’m sorry!” Chanyeol panics with his own tears rushing to his big innocent eyes. “Please don’t cry! I’m sorry!” He gently blows on her wound like how his mom does to his and it surprisingly makes Seungwan’s cries quiet down by quite a lot to hiccups and whimpers.

“Stay here okay?” Chanyeol pats his hands clean as he pushes himself up. “I’m going to get Nana to come help. Stay here okay?”

Seungwan doesn’t know who this “Nana” is and she doesn’t want to be alone either but it looks like she doesn’t have much of a choice and nods before Chanyeol darts off back into the garage. While he’s gone, she pats away all the dirt on her hands and frowns at the small cuts on her palms from the small pebbles. This was such a bad idea. How and why did she ever think a boy, not much bigger than her could even hold and support her weight when he probably couldn’t even support himself.

She looks up when she hears a pair of footsteps and discovers Chanyeol rushing back to her with a middle aged lady with kind eyes following right behind. She assumes the lady is Nana.

“Don’t be scared!” Chanyeol comforts the moment he reaches Seungwan. “Nana is here to help! Nana always knows what to do.”

Nana’s worried eyes relax a little when she realizes it’s nothing but a scrape on her knee. “You must be little Seungwan-ie. Wow, you’re pretty.” Seungwan hiccups at her soft eyes that reminds her of her mom. “Can I take a look?”

Chanyeol and Seungwan looks fearfully when Nana leans in to take a closer look at Seungwan’s little injury.

“Is she okay?” Chanyeol mumbles.

Nana nods and reassures the children with a soft smile. “She’s fine, it’s just a tiny scrape. Let’s bring you in to clean it up, how about that?”

Seungwan nods and clings right onto Nana when she lifts her up in her arms to carry her inside with Chanyeol tagging along beside them.

 

Within minutes, Seungwan’s little injury is patched up with a Mickey Mouse band aid and their little accident is forgotten once they’re presented with their favorite popsicles. They’re outside again on the steps of the entryway with their accident scene already taken care of while Seungwan was getting treated inside.

“Does it hurt?” Chanyeol asks while curiously peeking at her bandaid.

Seungwan shakes her head as she slurps her popsicle. “Is Nana your grandma?”

Chanyeol shakes his head. “My grandma lives far away. Mom says Nana’s job is to take care of us and the house.”

“She’s nice,” Seungwan comments and immediately, Chanyeol nods his little head in agreement. “What should we do now?”

The older boy shrugs and purses his blue stained lips. “Do you want to watch a movie?”

Little Seungwan ponders the suggestion for a split second before nodding yes.

 

After some assistance from one of the butlers, the two children find themselves tucked comfortably into the large couch in front of the large screen in the Parks’ in home theater with the smell of freshly popped popcorn filling the entire room. Chanyeol had picked some animated Korean children’s movie that Seungwan has never heard up since she grew up in the west but it was intriguing to her at the same time. It doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter