two.

tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan continues to come visit every summer, dedicating nearly her entire summers to getting to know the Park family better while their parents went on with their business matters. She’s once again at the Park residence after her parents drop her off before leaving to another business even with the Parks. Chanyeol is already waiting for her when she arrives and to her surprise, he isn’t alone.

“These are my friends,” Chanyeol introduces with Seungwan following him into the living room. He presents to her a room full of pubescent boys that are all blinking cluelessly at her. “Guys, this is Seungwan.”

She offers them a small awkward wave before glancing at Chanyeol for some guidance.

“Why are you all so quiet?” Chanyeol teases his friends as he leads Seungwan towards an open armchair.

“It’s true,” one of the tinier boys suddenly gasp. “Look, they have matching rings.”

Seungwan instantly glances down on her ring dangling around her neck then at Chanyeol’s. Just then, a puppy-eyed boy steps up to offer Seungwan a handshake.

“Hi, I’m Byun Baekhyun,” he grins brightly when Seungwan takes his hand. “Nice to meet you finally, future sister-in-law!”

The room erupts in laughter as Chanyeol darts at Baekhyun, leaving Seungwan feeling bashful and out of place. Another boy then decides to approach her and he immediately looks less mischievous than Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun’s always like that,” he dismisses with a shrug. “I’m Junmyeon by the way.”

“Nice to meet you,” Seungwan shoots him a small smile. “I’m Seungwan, or you can call me Wendy.”

Junmyeon grins before reaching out to grab Chanyeol by the collar as he’s passing on by. “Yah, if you’re going to introduce your girlfriend, you have to do it properly.”

“Not you too Hyung!” Chanyeol groans and tears himself away from Junmyeon’s grip. He rolls his eyes then turns to Seungwan. “It’s okay if you don’t remember their names, they’re not important anyways.”

“Look at that,” another boy mutters. “He’s already brushing us aside.”

“Quiet!” Chanyeol huffs before motioning to Junmyeon to begin naming off every one of the boys one by one. “Junmyeon Hyung, stupid Baekhyun, Sehun, Kyungsoo and Jongin.”

Seungwan nods slowly as Baekhyun quietly raises his hand.

“Why is everyone else normal but I’m stupid Baekhyun?” He blinks innocently as if he could do no harm in this world.

“Because you are,” Chanyeol retorts and plots down onto the arm of the armchair Seungwan’s sitting in with an exhausted sigh. “Maybe this was a bad idea.”

“Whatever,” Sehun sighs and uncrosses his legs to get up. “Let’s go do something. Seungwan, you like arcades?”

Chanyeol tosses a glance at Seungwan just in time to catch her nodding eagerly.

 

Instead of getting a ride from one of the drivers, the kids all hopped onto their bikes and biked to the nearest arcade. The boys were delighted to find Seungwan so laid back and she fit right into their games and little competitions. One thing that’s surprising to them is how fond Seungwan is of shooting games. Her passion while playing was on a different level and she was actually really good at them too.

“That’s your future wife…” Junmyeon whispers to Chanyeol as they watch Seungwan roast Jongin in an intense game.

The sound of fake gunshots from the game resonates in his ears as he watches all the zombies fall down one by one on the screen. Chanyeol swallows nervously and makes a mental note to always stay on her good side.

 

After spending hours at the arcade, the kids eventually grew hungry and walked their bikes down the block to their favorite street vendor. Chanyeol always continues to surprise Seungwan because despite him and his friends growing up in a world of luxury, they still prefer the simpler things like street food over the fancy hard to pronounce dishes they grew up eating.

Once their stomachs were filled with tteokbokki and fish cake, Junmyeon suggested they head home before it gets too dark. Nana is already prepared with snacks for their return and the moment Baekhyun spots the coke on the table, an idea sparks in his mischievous little head. Without the others noticing, he steals Sehun away to the kitchen for a moment before coming back with two cups in hand.

“Listen up!” Baekhyun announces and sets the matching cups on the coffee table. “So today we met an awesome human named Son Seungwan and I think we can all agree that we want her to join our wolfpack.”

“Wolfpack?” Seungwan holds back a snort. “Is that what you guys actually call yourselves?”

Baekhyun purses his lips and places his hands on his hips. “What if we do? You have a problem with it?”

She shakes her head as she fights back a laugh. “Continue.”

“Anyways,” Baekhyun grins and picks up the two cups from the table. “This is your official initiation to our group. Mind you, many people want to be cool like us. We’re cooler than F4, we’re F6.”

“Can you get to the point already because you’re making us sound stupid,” Junmyeon interrupts with a grunt.

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun shoves the two cups out towards Seungwan. “One of these is Coke and one of these is mixed with fish sauce. Your pick and by drinking it, that means you officially accept the offer to join us and be one of us.”

“As in, I’m part of your wolfpack?” Seungwan nearly laughs at the word. “What are the benefits of being in this wolfpack?”

“Well,” Baekhyun smacks his lips. “You’re granted protection from lots of rivaling groups and other rich kids. And…” He purses his lips. “Well yeah… Also, we’re going to be like in-laws so just pick a damn cup, Seungwan.”

“Fine,” she rolls her eyes and grabs for one of the cups with Chanyeol watching anxiously. She downs the contents in one gulp to avoid actually tasting the drink but the fish sauce creeps up on her and Seungwan breaks into a squeal.

“Gotcha!” Baekhyun laughs before Chanyeol tosses a pillow at his head.

While Chanyeol goes at it with Baekhyun, the other boys rejoice over their new friend.

“WELCOME TO THE WOLF PACK!”

 

\\\

 

On sunny days, he teaches her how to play the guitar at the fountain in his backyard while on rainy days, they spend it marathoning movies in his in-home theater. It’s always an adventure when they’re together and it’s effortless until the year of Seungwan’s sixteenth birthday when Chanyeol comes to visit her in Vancouver.

 

Seated on a bench with her guitar in her lap, Seungwan looks up to Chanyeol who’s seated on the other bench in front of her and catches him quickly turning away. His ears burn a bright red and she furrows her brows curiously at him.

“Are you sick?”

Chanyeol glances at her. “What?”

Seungwan motions to her ears before pointing to his. “Your ears, they’re as red as a tomato. Is it possible to get sunburn there?”

He coughs loudly and startles her. “I-it’s nothing.”

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Chanyeol sets his guitar down and tugs at his white t-shirt that is sticking to his skin. “It’s so hot out, let’s do something else.”

“Okay.” Seungwan proceeds to slide her own guitar off her lap. “What do you want to do?”

Squinting towards the sun, Chanyeol spins his head back to Seungwan when an idea pops into his head. “You wanna go swimming?”

 

Chanyeol is first to finish changing and dashes right into the pool to cool himself off instead of waiting for Seungwan. He was so busy enjoying himself, he didn’t notice Seungwan calling for him until something light bounces off his face. Startled, Chanyeol flinches and sinks into the water. For a second he struggles but eventually recovers and resurfaces to see Seungwan struggling to blow up an inflatable swan.

He coughs loudly. “I almost died just now.”

She ignores him and Chanyeol rolls his eyes as he makes his way out of the pool to help her. He simply places his hand out and Seungwan passes the inflatable over to him before scooting over so he could take a seat. Taking a hard look at it, Chanyeol turns to Seungwan.

“I’m going to be dead by the time I finish blowing this…” He sighs. “Don’t you have a pump?”

Seungwan nods. “Yeah but this is more fun, isn’t it?”

Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter