The angel's secret

The Vampire and the Fallen Angel

Ever since their first meeting in the classroom, Im Siwan and Jung Heechul had been staying back together in the same classroom every day during lunch. Or more like Siwan had insisted that he feed Heechul with some food to prevent him from growing hungry. Heechul, on the other hand, would always hesitate before obliging to whatever request Siwan had. He wanted to trust, to rely on the boy more, even if it was all a lie. 

After spending more time together, Siwan and Heechul had grown to know each other better. Heechul found out that Siwan wasn't his age, but his senior. He hadn't expected it, considering how the boy acted more like a dongsaeng in all his actions. Heechul wanted to share more about himself, but they both knew that it would take time for Heechul to be able to trust Siwan to be his friend. Siwan therefore persevered, making Heechul feel like a normal person, keeping him company. 

 

"Heechul ah... Can I tell you a secret?" 

 

Heechul raised his eyebrow skeptically. 

 

"And why would you want to do that?" 

 

Siwan paused for a moment. He knew that his next words would have an impact on their friendship, whether for better or worse was all up to Fate's decision. 

 

"Because I want to be able to trust you too. I'm no star student or a popular guy, I can't trust anyone else either." 

 

Looking at the younger with the same starry eyes, Siwan smiled. 

 

"But I want to be able to trust you. And when I do, I want you to be able to trust me too." 

 

Heechul was left speechless, his lips parted in shock. So Siwan was no different from him.... 

 

Without a soul to trust on this cruel Earth... 

 

Im Siwan has felt that too. 

 

"Why?" 

 

Siwan tilted his head to the side again, raising an eyebrow slightly. 

 

"Why... Why can't you trust anyone?" 

 

Siwan's lips hung in a sad smile. 

 

"Five years ago... My dad left my mom. She was an abusive witch even to him and he finally divorced her. Unfortunately, he lost custody over me to my mom... She took me in only to use me as a slave at my father's absence. Before I transferred here, the kids in my previous school shunned me for the scars on my back, calling me a fallen angel who brings bad luck. Last year I ran away from home with money my father had secretly left me, to be used only during emergencies, he said. I bought a small flat not far from this school and transferred here, where I've been ever since. But after my dad left and what my mom did to me.... I just felt that I couldn't trust people anymore." 

 

Tears were b in Siwan's eyes as he struggled to prevent them from flowing but eventually, wet streaks were streaming down his cheeks, joining together at his chin and dripping down to wet a small dark patch in his uniform. 

 

A sudden force overcame Heechul, drawing tears out if his own eyes and lifting his hand to the back if Siwan's head, pushing him against his shoulder. Heechul was shocked at his actions, yet strangely he did nothing to stop himself as he ran a palm down the elder's back, the friction between his hand and Siwan's back slowly but surely calming his tense figure. 

 

Lifting his other hand up, Heechul wrapped his arms around the elder, pulling him closer into his shoulder where he continued to cry. 

 

"A fallen angel, huh? Well, I'm a vampire, so that kind of makes us no different, right?" Heechul smiled warmly at Siwan, once he had calmed down completely and let go of Heechul. Siwan's face glowed with happiness. 

 

"Do you really mean it?" he asked, voice laced with hope. 

 

Heechul smiled, one of the most beautiful smiles ever, in Siwan's eyes. 

 

"Yes, I mean it."

 

"Im Siwan, will you be my friend?"