The Vampire meets a boy

The Vampire and the Fallen Angel

Jung Heechul is a vampire. Well, a part vampire, to be exact. He was born with two sharp incisors and two sharp canines, a rare case that happened to one out of every billion people in history. But he's never had the craving for blood like a vampire,  so in other words, he's practically a normal person.

 

Others, however, refused to see him this way. Some were scared of him, and avoided him. Some picked on him, insisting that he show them his peculiar characteristic. When he refused, they him, colouring him with a countless and merciless number of black and blue spots. Others, simply listened to the rumours from others and following the crowd, avoided him like he was the plague. Heechul had no friends in all 17 years of his life. Not one. 

 

He sighed again as he played with the rope connecting his hood. The softness of the blue cotton was entangled between his slender left fingers while he clutched a pen with his right. Desperate for a distraction from his misery, Heechul directed his focus and attention to the problem sum in front of him. Soon, the bell had rung but Heechul remained frozen in his position while his classmates had all burst out of the classroom door. Once he had been assured that everyone else had left the classroom, he sighed again and placed his head on his arms, folded across the table. Just as he was about to close his eyes, a noise sounded in his ears. Unexpected and sudden, jolting him up. 

 

"Hello!" 

 

Heechul raised his head to look at whoever was the source of the chirpy, candy-like voice. In front of him stood a boy, slightly shorter than himself, hands behind his back and smiling like everything in the world was flawless. 

 

"Oh... Hi..." came the only reply. He was slightly surprised that the boy had bothered to talk to him, but given his experience, he shouldn't be too taken aback. 

 

"Your name... Heechul, right?" the mystery boy tilted his head to the side, trying to attract the so-called vampire's attention. 

 

"Yeah, what about it?" Heechul replied, once again unamused. 

 

"Nothing. My name's Siwan!" 

 

A long pause stood between them as Heechul contemplated what he should do to the boy to get him to stop bothering him. 

 

"Whatever. Why bother telling me anyways?" 

 

Siwan grinned even wider.

 

"I wanna be friends with you!" 

 

"Well I have no interest." 

 

Heechul crossed his arms on the table and rested on them again, ignoring the presence of the kid. 

 

He suddenly felt his cold skin come in contact with a soft fabric. Flinching, he whipped his head up to look behind him. 

Standing behind with his hands on Heechul's shoulders was Siwan, smiling warmly. 

 

"It's winter. If you're gonna sleep, at least cover yourself with a coat or jacket to prevent the cold." 

 

"That smile..." 

 

Heechul was dumbfounded. It had been years since he had been gazed at with such soft eyes. Eyes of kindness...

Compassion...

Relief...

And... Pity

 

"Go away. Please." Heechul growled deep in his throat. He knew those eyes of pity far too well, seen them far too many times. In the school hallways, in the classroom, from the teachers.... 

 

And he hated it. 

 

"Not until you eat." 

 

Heechul stared, more like a glare, at the smaller boy in front of him. He studied the sparkly, brown orbs, watching for any emotion on display.

 

"I said, go away."

 

Suddenly, a dark flash of sadness pooled in those starry orbs. The darkness that clouded over any sign of hope, happiness. Heechul was taken aback. It was the first time he had seen such a situation, after years of studying the different eyes of different people.

 

"I understand.... Well... Guess I tried..." Siwan mumbled before pressing the Subway sandwich into Heechul's cold, pale hands. 

 

"Please. I can't do much right now, but please eat. It's been nice knowing you, Heechul." 

 

Turning slowly, Siwan took two heavy steps forward before his arm was pulled back by a strong force. 

 

"Wait. What was your name again?" 

 

Siwan smiled, the dark cloud of sadness clearing from his eyes as he replied, 

 

"Siwan. Im Siwan." 

 

Heechul took one last look at the boy's face, before he turned around and ran, more like bounced, out of the room. 

 

Etching it into a fragment if his memory, Heechul mentally analyzed the beautiful face, the slightly plump pink lips, the porcelain, doll-like face, and most of all, the bright eyes that shined with the sparkle of all the stars in the cosmos.

 

"Im Siwan...." 

 

Heechul repeated the name over and over again, letting each syllable roll around his tongue before tumbling out through his lips. 

 

"Will I be seeing you around, I wonder?"