CHAPTER 8: Trust

Loop

"S-Sojung." I heard her heart beating so fast, if I'm not breathing so hard I bet it will rang around the house. I hugged her more tighter because maybe that's what I need. No. That's what she needs. I've been mean to her these past days, I mean-- I don't know if that's really me. Maybe I need to see my doctor again, maybe I'm just confused about everything, maybe I just need different medicines, maybe it's just some side effects of my medicines that I'm taking.

 

Maybe

 

Maybe, I hate the word 'maybe'. I hope it doesn't exist so that I'll be sure about everything. Sure about myself. Sure about the real me. Sure about my past---or maybe---our past. Sure about my love for her. 

 

I love you. 

 

I want to say those things to her, maybe it would help me to remeber things. Or to make me feel things, to know if my feelings were true for her. 

 

So I tried. 

 

​​​​"I love you" 

 

" you" There I said it. Wait.... Did I--- no... WHAT?! 

 

"W-What?!" She was taken a back from what I have said. She move a little bit farther from me and looked at me with a 'confused look' 

 

​​​​"H-huh? I...." I looked away from her and avoid her gaze as possible as I can. I said "I love you" but why did it turns out the other way? What. Is. Wrong. With. Me. 

 

​​​​​​"N-no! That's not what I mean I didn't mean to E-Eunbi.." I waved my hand in front of her and shake my head but she just nod her head and gulp. 

 

​​​​​​"Okay.."

 

"I... I-I was cursing myself for being mean to you! That's what I mean Eunbi." Nice reason Sojung. Maybe it will lessen the tense. 

 

​​​​"You're not being mean, you're just being yours-- I mean you feel sick and hurt that's why you're acting this way." She smiled faintly. 

 

​​​​​"Maybe, maybe." I hate the word 'maybe' but I love to say that word. What is wrong with me seriously? 

 

​​​"You should rest, it would help." She smiled. A sweet one this time. I just nod in reply. 

 

"Later. Maybe later." I said looking down, I heard her hummed and she stood up and helped me up too. She walks away but turned in her half way and look at me with her cheeky smile. 

 

"Sojung. I'll be brave. I'll try. I'll be brave to face you-- no-- I'll be brave to face this with you. I know you're having a hard time too. I think I've been selfish for being afraid around you. You're my wife and you need me to help you to get through this. I'll be with you Sojung, no matter what. Just.. trust me again. Please." I really don't have an idea what is she talking about, I mean I can understand that she will help me to get through this but.. Why is she afraid of me? Oh.. I've been shouting at her, maybe that's why she's afraid. Should I trust her? But what if this is just her show? But hearing her saying those words I can feel her sincerity. Or maybe because she is so charming and I fell for it that's why I'm feeling that way? But maybe I'll try? I'll try to trust her. But I need to trust myself too, that no matter what happens I will eagerly look and find the truth. 

 

I smiled at her and nodded my head. "I will, Thank you Eunbi."

 

***

"Eat a lot, you need that to recover and move your joints well you're so stiff Sojung." 

 

"Really?" 

 

She chuckled. "Yes you are" She took a piece of meat using her chopstick and put it inside . 

 

While me, I ate a lot of veggies since she said it would help. 

 

"I'm done!" 

 

"Hey! How am I suppose to eat all of this?! You're so unfair! You gave me all the veggies and you took all the meat!" I pouted. 

 

Once again she let out her adorable chuckle 

 

​​​"But it's good for a sick person!" She said sarcastically 

 

​​​​​"Sick?! I'm not sick! Look, I may be look hot but touch me I'm in a normal temperature! I'm just.. I'm just crazy!" I took her hand and place it on my neck for her to check my temperature. 

 

She looked at me confused. "Crazy what?" 

 

​​​"For you."

 

As soon as I realized what I have just said, I turned into a red tomato

 

She didn't react at first but after a few seconds she scoffed. "Hey! Did you just throw some lame pick up line on my face?!" She points at her face with her eyes widen. 

 

​​​​"Lame? It's not lame! It's witty."

 

​​​​"Whatever you say, it's sound so lame." She rolled her eyes. But instead of getting annoyed, my face soften as I saw her and realize what are we doing. We're having a lot of fun right now. I felt peace. 

 

​​​"Yeah fine, I'm lame." I pinched her cheeks making her groan. 

 

"Yah!" She hits my arm making me stop from what am I doing, I chuckled on how red her cheeks is. She rubs it using her fingers and pouted. 

 

"I'm going to wash the dishes, you should rest now. It's so tiring playing with a giraffe like you." She stood up and put her tongue out and walks towards the sink carrying the plates that we used. 

 

​​​​​​​"Alright."

 

_____________________________________________________________

​​​​​​​AUTHOR'S NOTE: HELLO! SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY BECAUSE I JUST TYPE DOWN WHATEVER CAME IN TO MY MIND. BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. READY YOURSELF. THANK YOU! 

 

P.S: FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS! THANK YOU!