4 Mouseketeers

I Can Hear Your Heart

Seulgi’s P.O.V

She’s eyeing me weirdly, did I do something wrong? Of course not, it was a misunderstanding. It’s not like I meant to disturb her without purpose. But, I might give her another bad impression if I mentioned that I heard a voice and I was compelled to come here. ‘I’m not going to go crazy am I?’ I still have things to do, a future way ahead for me.

 

‘You are going crazy, I’m here to stay’

 

My eyes went wide instantly as I heard it. Gulping the saliva that was gathered in my throat. I shook my head ‘This can’t be happening’. I look over to Joohyun, she was smiling in a laughing manner. I don’t care what it was about, this was the first time that she was smiling. Her visuals are no joke. Now that I look at her more closely, her eyes were shining, her skin glowing, her long hair flowing aesthetically with the wind and her smile…the smile that made people follow after. Which was what I did, I was smiling because of her beauty…no, I’m smiling because of her. Soon, she noticed that I was smiling along and stopped it.

 

‘What a weirdo’

 

‘I know I am, you don’t have to say it’. I’m gonna have to call it a day, I don’t want to embarrass myself more than I should have. I stuck out my hand to her for a handshake.

 

Unexpectedly, she gripped that hand and returned my intentions. Our hands pulled away and she quickly grabbed her things. After collecting them, she walked past me. I didn’t look back at her. I walked back where we both fell and furthering towards the edge. Trying to take in the scenery around me, it was tranquil. I could feel myself being lost here for hours. Seeing the buildings, blue sky, shapes of the clouds. In my three years here, only now I found this place.

 

I didn’t notice that I’ve stayed in the same position until I heard a familiar voice calling out to me. The corners of my mouth went upwards as I turned towards them. There they are, the most important people in my life.

 

“We’ve been looking all over for you Seulgi” said Wendy

 

“Sorry, I just had something important to do”

 

“You should have just called or texted us, we were worried when you ran off like that”

 

“You ran away like the love of your life is at the airport and she didn’t said goodbye”

 

I looked at Wendy sorrily, she’s been my best friend my whole life. One expression is all it would take for her to notice what was going on. She moved herself closer towards me, and stopped when she’s in front of me. Joy and Yeri sensed what was happening and smiled at each other.

 

“Guess we’re going on a date” Joy said as she wrapped her hands around Yeri

 

“Don’t be too long kids, the sun is going down soon” Yeri continued

 

“We’ll meet you there”

 

What am I going to do with those two kids, one had already been proven tough. Now that they’re gone, all that’s left is to face Wendy.

“What was so important that you had to full on sonic” she said in a curious voice

'I can't tell her it was because a voice in my head told me'

'You'll be seen crazy...do it'

I just stood in silence while arguing with the voi- I mean myself. Oh no, Wendy is giving me that look when she wants something. She's not gonna let me go without her answers.

‘Should I tell Wendy?'

'Don't tell anyone about that'

But Wendy is my best friend, I'd never kept a secret from her.I look over to her, she still kept her gaze. Instead of locking it, I'm avoiding it...looking at the ground. Ocassionally meeting her eyes. One last look at her, she was observing me from head to toe. Sighing as a sign of giving up.

"I was worried sick Seul, you just...if you don't wanna talk about it, it's fine. Just say something first"

Why am I feeling guilty about this. Maybe I should just come clean to her...to them. Joy and Yeri deserves to know it too. As much as a troublesome lovers, they are still understanding.

'I'll tell them tonight'

'Don't you dare Kang Seulgi'

'They're my friends and also 'Besties over Crazies'

Guess that I won. I smiled at my victory. Wendy disturbed my moment of glory, saying that I'm smiling alone at nothing. While still smiling, I told her that I'll tell her when we're all at our hangout. I went to her side and linked our arms. Grabbing our stuff from the floor.

"I thought you were a bear not a pikachu"

"Pikachu? As fast as lightning?" she nodded while giggling. "I'm a no-jam yet I know that was a lame joke"

"Geniuses do fail sometimes, they're not perfect" she bragged

"Then you're not a genius” she made a questionable face. “Cause you're so perfect" I made a kissy face to her and ran away.

"YAH KANG SEULGI! COME BACK HERE!"

'Kyahh, she's chasing me, Wendy spare me'

'Cosmo is running away from Wanda, nothing new'

The voice in my head is not only insulting, but also sarcastic. Lucky me. As I was distracted by it, Wan-I mean Wendy had already tackled me from behind. Both of us tumbled down with faces inches from each other. Wendy on the bottom as always. Thanks to my dancing skills, I have never been the bottom and always dominate as the top.

I looked down to her, our faces were a few inches apart and we couldn't help but laugh at it. The same situation yet different people. With Wendy I felt close to her but Joohyun...it's something else. I wonder if she'd noticed that I was blushing.

"Umm… Seul? You're crushing me" her voice sounded helpless.

I lift my body away from her. She raised her arms and I pulled her up. Our stuff were on the ground again and I volunteered to those up. As I finished, Wendy quickly took her things, messed with my hair and dashed towards home. It took me a few seconds to processed that. Of course, I chased after her.



Third P.O.V

Like they said before, Yeri and Joy did went on a date. They went to a fast food restaurant for it. It's simple but it's the only food that they can agree on to eat right now.They ordered their food from a blonde japanese girl with thick eyebrow. Her name was Kotobuki Tsumugi. ‘Strange , why would a japanese girl work in korea?’ (Don't ask why Yeri, it's my story and if I want japanese I get Japanese)

"What's wrong Yeri? Was it the Japanese girl?" Joy asked her soulmate.

"I think it's perfectly fine for a japanese girl to work, okaylet'sgosittherebeforetheauthorturnsthisintoamakjang" Yeri pushed Joy to the window seat.

The both of them bite into their food. No one said anything for a while. Their moment of silence was cut off by a phone ringing. It was coming from Yeri's phone. She answered the phone while chewing, without checking who called her.

The first time she said her greeting, her voice was low and upon knowing who it was her tone got higher.

"Saeron annyeong, why'd you called me?"

'I was wondering if you were busy right now'

"I'm actually eating right now, but lucky for you I'm not that busy. What'd you wanna talk about?" She bites into her food

'I think we should have a class committee meeting tomorrow morning'

"Of course we should have it, let's start an hour early in class okay"

'Don't be late tomorrow, we should settle everything in morning'

"I won't be late, annyeong Saeron"

'Annyeong Yeri'

Yeri sets her phone back on the table, wanting to start a conversation with Joy. But no one was in her seat, she was focused on the phone that she didn't noticed that Joy had left. Looking everywhere for her, even the toilet. There was still no sign of Joy anywhere. She left a few voice message and hundreds of message saying sorry and asking her whereabouts.

She returns home to take a shower. She gave up thinking that she'll find her in the hangout. In fact she did found her there (the place looks like the great seducer’s hangout), with Seulgi and Wendy with her. She sat down across from her. Yeri was quite awkward with her and where she was and Joy just glared. Yeri shrunk back into her seat. Meanwhile, Wenseul eyeing each other strangely.

Seulgi decided to mend things between them, asking what's going on. Yeri said that she didn't know and that Joy just left her. Hearing it, Joy was in disgust.

"This isn't going to ease away if either of you don't know or speak" Seulgi said calmly.

Seeing as Wendy and Seulgi needs to know about it and also get back at Yeri, Joy finally said something

"Why don't you ask Saeron since you're not so busy" she said in a high tone, mocking Yeri.

Yeri finally gets what was going on, leaving Wenseul clueless

"Just because of that? I'm the head monitor, I have responsibilities"

"Responsibilities? We were on a date, I'm your responsibility"

"You knew how happy I was when I became head monitor. Can't you be happy for me?"

"I am happy for you, but I also want to be happy for us, but you're more focused on talking to Saeron when she could have just texted you"

"She's the assistant monitor, we need to work together and you don't see me complaining when you were all lovey dovey with Do Hwan"

"We were partners for my mom's art showcase's performance, I was gonna ask you but you were busy hanging out with Rosé


"You could have asked Wendy or Seulgi or even Gayoung , instead of that casanova"

"You should've been proud of me when everyone loved that performance, I thought you were my fiancee”

"Well, I thought you were gay"

Silence filled the room. No one knew how to react to it, everyone was avoiding eye contact. A few moments later, a slight giggle could be heard, then turns into laughter. Yeri was flushed red from her face to her neck.

Noticing her Yeri like this made Joy wrap her arms around her, placing her chin on the lover's shoulder where she could take whiff of Yeri's sweet scent. Her arms started to tighten around the waist, her lips moved towards the ears whispering something with her sensual voice that only they could hear.

"Want me to prove it?" Joy went on to play with her ears

Wendy and Seulgi were covering each other's eyes. They understand what was happening, they also understands each other’s jealousy towards the couple.

 

“Seul, should we disturb them?”

 

“They’re not gonna forgive us if we do, Wan”

 

“Oh no, they’re going farther away and towards the bed”

 

“Whose idea was it to put the bed here?”

 

In the end, Joyri was stopped from going further, because there’s more important things to settle. They all sat down on the bed. Joyri were hugging each other, no one could deny it, or they’ll suffer as Yeri said.

 

Seulgi began by taking a deep breath and plan inside her head on how to say it. After, arranging all of it she began her story.

 

“The reason why I ran like that was because of Bae Joohyun”