First Confrontation

I Can Hear Your Heart

Seulgi’s P.O.V

'I want it all to end'

When the voice was gone, I was feeling worried until I looked back at Bae Joohyun. Without wasting any time, my feet started to move and I found myself immediately running towards her. Although I don't who she was, my heart was telling me to go to her. From my back I can hear my friends shouting to ask where I'm going, I didn't have time to answer them. I was more concerned with Bae Joohyun and her safety.

 

Being in track and field does have its’ own merits. I’m already halfway through the whole building and lucky for me that most of the students had already gone home. The stairs were not as crowded as they should be and the teachers were having a staff meeting, so no one could stop me in my tracks. I was almost there, only one floor left. Within a few metres away from the door, I’d stuck out my arm and push it open. Stopping for a while, to see where she went. Near the edge of the building, stood Joohyun. 'Don't you dare think about it Bae Joohyun I thought.

 

I dashed towards her, and when she’s within my reach, I stretched out both my arms and pulled her towards me and away from the edge. I smiled to myself while also catching my breath from all the running. I looked at her, her eyes were shut. Probably from my sudden appearance, I would too. I smiled again when she made subtle movements ‘Just in time’

 

Irene’s P.O.V

‘Just in time’

There's that voice AGAIN, I must be going crazy now that I hear voices in my head. Let's push that aside, now let's process what happened earlier. DUGEUN...DUGEUN...DUGEUN... I can hear fast heartbeats coming in through my right ear. I slightly lifted my eyelids. SUGI...SHE'S UNDER ME...SMILING? I tried to move away from this girl. But I can't, IT'S LIKE MY BODY HAS SHUT DOWN EXCEPT FOR MY HEAD. SUGI! She did this to me. I turned my head to her again. She was still smiling like a crazy person and panting like a bear in heat. Don't ask me why I know of it, it was for a research. I tried to move again or roll to the side , anything to get away from her. As I was trying to get away, I felt the area around my eyes felt lighter, I shifted my head to the left and there my glasses set. I could feel a pair set on me with eyes unlike the others, it's like filled with...fascination

'She looks different without them'

She slightly moved herself closer to me, her eyes still obediently set on me. I could tell that she was determined to keep it that way. Oddly enough, I was doing the same thing to her.

'Were her eyes always this pretty?'

When the voice returned, I shifted my gaze away. Somehow I knew that she was disappointed with what I did. I tried to move again, this time it worked. I immediately grabbed the glasses and got away from her, not looking back whether or not she was watching me. As I was almost out through the door, I felt a hand latching onto my shoulder and forcibly making me turn to them. This girl was smiling like bear but seemed more like a creep to me. She moved her hand away from me and place it in from of me.

"Hi, my name's Seulgi what's yours?"

Is this girl serious, she just made several ual harrasments and now is introducing herself like a normal person. I just rolled my eyes at her attempts. But why does her voice sounds familiar to me? Like I've heard it before, I know that some people can have the same voices. But her voice is more distinct and identical to the one I heard before.

'Why is she not answering me? Guess I came out too strong of an impression'

It can't be, how could I...it's impossible. I really am crazy, this is how I'll spend my final year. 'How could I hear Sugi's I mean Seulgi's voice in my head' I noticed that she was staring the same as I did to her. Also, I was almost right with her name, just a few words. We looked at each other longer than usual trying to think, what's happening.

"You look prettier without them on" she motioned to the glasses

 

I'm 100% sure that it's her voice. How could this be? How could this happen? The tension between us got more awkward. She seemed like she has something to say to me. My facial expression softens so that she could do so. With a deep breath she opened

 

"Why did you think of doing it. Will it end it all?"

 

I'd never been more confused with what she said. She seems frustrated, she looks different without all her smiles.

 

"Why won't you say something? Tell me why"

 

I went to my bag and heard that she was calling me. Sighing, thinking that i need to use it. I pulled out a black marker and a small whiteboard. She looked bewildered with what I'm doing. I twisted the marker's cap and started writing on the board.

1.I can't speak.

2.I don't know what you're talking about.

 

She said her apologies and that she didn't know. I could feel that she was sincere and that she didn’t really know about me. I accepted her apology, she seemed nice enough in my books. We just stood looking down awkwardly, sometimes smiling when our eyes met. I was looking at what she’s doing. Oh no, she's doing sign language, once again I brought in the board.

 

I don't know sign language that well also just to let you know I can hear just can't speak.

 

She nodded her head, she's really taking it all in and don't think that I'm joking. Unlike some people.

 

"What I meant was,why did you try to jump down from here to think you can end it all"

 

Jump from here? Does she think that I'm trying to commit suicide. Even if I do want to do it, I'll never do it in front of all of them and there's a chance that I'll survive from a building. And who is she to determine my life.

 

I wasn't trying to commit suicide

 

She looked embarassed, her cheeks were red. It's sort of funny, but I tried to hold it in.

 

"But you were standing on the edge while looking at the sky"

 

She must've watched a whole lot of movies during her childhood to think of that.

 

Ever heard of breathing in the fresh air

 

She's almost red as a tomato, 'maybe she should think of doing it too'. I looked back at her, she seemed...offended. Wonder what's her problem. Who cares if I take my life, no one's going to mourn for me, even if they did it's just to show that they 'cared'. That's the only time that I'll exist to them and will be the real ghost girl. Looks like she has something else to say.

 

"Then why did you say that you want it all to end"

 

How did she know?