Meeting Each Other

I Can Hear Your Heart

Irene's P.O.V

 I'm in my 3rd year of high school, yet it felt longer. I guess my final year had finally arrived. Throughout my school days, nothing had ever changed and I'd like it to stay that way. Even though I don't really have a close bond to the school, I'd like it to stay that way. Not moving on from where I am. I'd even thought of failing all my classes in order to repeat a year. If I hated it, why go this far?  The answer is,my future. I don't have one or I didn't bother to think about it. What future could be great for me when I don't even remember most of the sign languages that was taught to me. 

 I got up 2 hour earlier before school starts. As usual I wake up to take a shower then wear the clothes that I ironed the night before, make my lunch and have a light breakfast. I didn't even bothered to look nice, it's just hours of studying and it's going to wear off eventually. 1 hour before school is when I head off for it. Taking my keys, bag and fake glasses. Don't ask me why. I take the bus, not a lot of students are on it compared to the train. Though the time it takes arrive is longer, I don't care that much.

 Safely arriving at school, I immediately went straight to the classroom. Sometimes, I could hear the girls fangirling when the popular girls arrive. The royal 4 as they were to be called, whose names are Joy, Squirtle (only remembers what she looks like), Wanda? and I know her name starts with an S...hmmm...Sugi? Whatever, I'm not gonna even be here during graduation probably. I'm in 3-B, in between people who almost made it to 3-A but just not smart enough and survived from being put in 3-C. I'd chose my seat almost next to the window. Next to the windows are always called by the teachers.

 The first bell rung indicating that the class is starting. The teacher that walked in is a new face, just don't let it happen again. The teacher (Lee Teuk) is a male and teaches English and will be our class teacher. We heard footsteps running towards the class, the running figures were panting and was shown to be Sugi and Wanda. They were always in A, don't wanna know the story behind it. While they were giving their excuses and the girls were fawning over them. Good thing I'd brought my reading materials. The teacher accepted the excuses and asked for them to take their seats. Too bad for me that the only seats available were next to me and in front of me. Wanda front, Sugi right of me. I could feel eyes warning me of their territory. 

 It's now time for English lessons. He came back with sheets of papers. It was for poetry that we are doing today. He told us to read the poetry together from the start in harmony. As we were reading, he had a weird change of facial expressions.Halting poetry reading  the teacher said that we are not understanding the poem and that we need to be creative in order to gain its' meaning. He asked us to write our own poems. This is probably his first year, that smile indicates proud with oneself.

 20 minutes before the end of class, he said that he had a surprise for us and took out a hat from under his table. He said "The name that I'll pick will present their work and interpret the meaning behind it" It's not like it's going to be me, I'd never gotten pick for anything and I hope it will today.I'd continued with my reading materials. 

 I could feel eyes on me, lifting my head up from the book, turns out I was right. My eyes turned to the teacher. "You are Bae Joohyun right? Congratulations on being picked for the creative poetry reading. Now go on and show your potential" I was about to tell him when I heard a girl saying "Bae Joohyun? I've never even heard of her before" another continued "Oh, you mean ghost girl. The one that occupies that seat and haunts it". I continued with reading when the others joined in and I could hear their laughters echoing the room. The only ones that weren't laughing were the ones near me. They had pity in their eyes, but I know that soon enough that they will join the others as well. 

 As soon as the teacher got them to calm down, the lunch bell rung and everyone ran out without saying goodbye. Sugi wanted to say something to me but I just shrugged her off and went on my way to the rooftop with my packed lunch in my hand.

 

Seulgi's P.O.V

 I wanted to say hi to the girl next to me, Bae Joohyun, but it looks like she was in a rush to go somewhere. I just talked to Wendy about what happened when we heard something crashed. When we turned to see what it was, the girl was on the floor. We heard the the people near her saying "Did you hear something? It must be a ghost's grudge" Seems like she was pushed to the ground by them. I wanted to help her but she was already on her two feets and continued making her way out. Me and Wendy looked at each other with concerns for her. We then heard our cute juniors/friends calling for us. Joy and Yeri, both students of class 2-A and engaged to each other.They were starving and my growling stomach is in the same boat with them.

 Me and Wendy talked about Bae Joohyun to both of them. Joy said "I wonder what happened to her and the story behind ghost girl" Yeri continued "What if she really was possessed? You need to be careful not to be cursed" Wendy assured them both "I'm pretty sure that those things are not true, she seems introverted and nice" I thought to myself, 'what triggered them to do it?'  I need to resolve this somehow.

 I went to the bathroom to wash my face, 'I'm gonna help her with this' . As I finished and went out, I accidentally bumped into her and making her drop her books. I dropped down immediately to help her with it. With only one book left to be picked, I reached out for it and at the same time she did the same. As we were reaching for it, for a split second our fingers touched. I retracted my hand back and felt a bit of a jolt of electricity the second our skin touches. We both raised our heads, I wanted to give my apologies to her. Our eyes met, her eyes were shocked as I am. She broke our gaze and went to what I think is the way to the rooftop. A few minutes later, my head started to hurt like I was hit in the back. Thankfully, it didn't last long and my head was back to normal.

 

 It was the end of school for the day, I wanted to chat with Joohyun, she was already on her way. I looked at where she went, it was the same rooftop. I looked at her go until Wendy called for me. She said that the girls wanted to meet at the courtyard. We went on our way when we finished packing up our stuffs. Me and Wendy were playfully pushing each other until she ran hard towards the girls and I chase her from behind. Panting very hard upon reaching them. We were listening to Joy and Yeri complaining about their obnoxious math teacher. While listening, the pain from before came back and it's twice as hard than before. I could hear them asking me what's wrong and tending to my aid. Weirdly, among those voices I heard an unfamiliar voice saying something. As I tried to focus on the voice, the pain lessens, I then paid my whole attention to the voice. It got more clearer now. I lift my head to the rooftop and tried to listen intensely to the words of the unfamiliar voice. I saw Joohyun looking up to the sky, the voice is clear and I could make up what those words said,

 

 "I want it all to end"