Welcome to Byeol University pt. 1

Behind the Script

" That's all for today. Remember to do your assignment and give it to me on Friday. " the Professor left the classroom and almost immediately most of Ji Hyo's classmates groaned. 

" Ahh..  that Professor is something else. We just started new semester today and she just had to give us assignment already. " her newfound friend said, putting his belongings into his backpack as she did hers too. 

" Is this her usual tendency? " she asked out of curiousity. 

" More like her hobby. She loves to torture us." Haha replied with a dramatic pose with one hand on his chest. Looking like he was in a physical pain. Ji Hyo chuckled at his silly pose. 

" But don't worry, although she would likely gave us endless assignments, she is quite nice in giving us scores or extra points. " he said to reassure her.

" That's a relieve. " Although Ji Hyo was talented in the acting section, studying History  wasn't really her cup of tea. Back when she was in Junior High School, she remembered she used to sleep constantly in her History class. The voiced of her old History teacher back then sounded like a lulaby to her ears. Fortunately that teacher was always too focus on his book so she didn't get caught sleeping all those time. 

" So, what's your next class? " Haha asked as he finished collecting his stuff. 

" Gymnastic. " 

" Oh, I got singing class after this. Shame we can't be in the same class again. It would be fun to sing with you. " He said with a grin as he sling his backpack on his left shoulder. 

" I bet it would. But I'm sure we will see each other somewhere next time. Maybe we would even have some same classes again. " Ji Hyo said with the same warm smile. She already liked her new friend. He seemed fun and it was easy to talk to him without feeling awkward. 

" I hope so! Well, it's nice meeting you, Ji Hyo! Catch you later! " With an exaggerate wave, he walked out of the class. Not wanting to be late for her next class, she then headed to the University's sport center, missing some looks that were giving by some girls. 

 

 

To say her journey to the Sport Center was smooth was an understatement. The place was far away from her class and if it wasn't for the little map the professor from this morning gave her, she would have lost along the way. Byeol University was huge. It was like a maze walking insidethe building. Ji Hyo had been panting slightly when she finally reached the place. 

Entering the building, she was welcomed by a wide spacy room with shiny flooring. Looking around, she could see there were some basketball hoops and some basketball scattering around the floor. An unused volleyball net was also there as some the balls themselves being kept in a big basket neatly. The place was bare of people though, so she assumed her class was in different floor. Ji Hyo sighed tiredly as the thought of walking to another floors. Reluctantly, she decided it would be better to just get done with it. Fortunately for her, the gymnastic class was in the second floor. Just when she thought she could lie on the floor or at least lean her body to the wall, someone calles her out. 

Ya! You're late! Come here! " 

Great.. So much for wanting to be punctual. With a heavy footsteps, she walked to the one who called her. She could already feel all eyes were watching here. Though she usually didn't care what people thought of her, being stared like this made her really uncomfortable.

She made it to the front row and was facing with the one who called her. He was a muscular man, definitely not her coach, possibly a senior. She had tried her best to keep her face neutral when she saw his body. Muscles.. Muscles everwhere. 

" Ommo.. " she thought to herself.

" Ehem! " the man tried to get her attention. Surprised, she instantly straightened her body and looked up to face him. 

You're late. " he said as a-matter-of-fact-ly.

" Obviously.. " she bit back her retort thinking that it wouldn't help her in any way. " Sorry.. I kinda got lost in my way here. " Well it was the truth. After hearing what she said, the man seemed to inspect her face with his sharp eyes. She found herself nervous under his gaze, and also a bit afraid of what he might do to her. She couldn't help feeling like she was in front of a dangerous animal that was ready to strike. 

You're new here? " he asked after a whole minute of staring at her. A minute that felt an eternity to her. 

" Yes, sir. I just moved here today. " she answered, wishing silently the man would let her alone immediately.

 " Hmm.. what's your name. " 

" Song Ji Hyo, sir. " 

" Well, Ji Hyo-shii, I usually don't let a problem like this get away without a proper... teaching. But I'll let you go this time because you're still new here. " the man said as he crossed his muscular arms on his chest. 

" Thank you so much, sir! " Ji Hyo was thankful for the God who granted her prayer. She couldn't imagine having to endure a punishment after that long walk and most importantly, at her first day. He nodded at her and let her stand with the others. 

" Just don't do it again. I expect all of you to be punctual. " He said after he turned around to face the others. " Most of you must have known me and are wondering why I'm here instead of our coach. Well, starting from today, I will be the one who teach you all as a subtitude coach. Our coach has an important matters to focus on so he asked me to stand at his place. For you who haven't know me, my name's Kim Jong Kook. I'm on my fifth semester. "

 

 

She had expected for her first gymnastic class would be easy and just listening to the coach giving some pointers, but boy had she been so wrong. 

" Come on, you can do it! Don't think about the pain, just let your legs move on their own! " 

Today she just found out she could run on a treadmill so fast that roadrunner would be ashame when it saw her. Ji Hyo had never knew the class would be this grueling. 

" Well I would love to let my fist move on its own right now. " she thought bitterly. It wasn't that she hated him, but seriously, was he really that strict around here? Or was it just on her? Looking around, she could see the others were having the same experience as her too. 

Feeling that she could no longer feel her legs, she decided to stop. 

" Hmm.. Not bad, Ji Hyo-shii. Not bad at all. " He said with a smirk as the said girl laid on the floor out of breath. Too tired to properly sit down and look at him. 

" T-thanks.. sir. " she said between panting. She desperately needed water to ease her complaining throat. As if on cue, a bottle of cool bottle was given to her hand. Ji Hyo opened her eyes and saw that her strict coach was the one who gave it to her. 

" A little token for your hard work. Oh and just call me Jong Kook-oppa. I'm not that old after all. " he said before leaving. 

" He could be a nice person despite his serious attitude.. " Ji Hyo thought as she drank the cool water. 

Ahh.. such bliss. 

 

 

Lunch time was coming quickly, much to Ji Hyo's delight. She couldn't wait to fill her starving stomach after that exhausting work out. Luckily the cafetaria was close from the gym so she was there in no time. There were already many students there claiming their seats and tables, but at least the queue line to order her food was not that long.

As she wait for her turn, her eyes wandered around the place. The place was pretty neat with the tables and seats are placed symetrically with the food courts on the side. As she looked around, a group of girls came into the cafetaria. It appeared they were crowding a man who was in the middle of them. She couldn't see what the man looked like but based on how the girls were fangirling over him, he must be a typical popular handsome guy. Ji Hyo didn't give a damn about them, but the girls' screaming was getting on her nerve. 

" Yeogiyo.. " she said to the man in front of him. The man was very tall and he was blocking her vision to the menu on the wall. 

" Yeogiyo." she tried once again, trying to get his attention. A minute passed without him looking back at her. She was starting to get pissed so she poked the man (with quite strenght) on his hip. 

" Ahh! " the man screamed which startled her. He finally turned to face her with a confused expression. 

What? " 

Mianhae, but your head was blocking the menu board. " she explained shortly. 

" My what? " he asked as he rubbed his rib. Did she really poke him that hard? She didn't think she did. 

" Your head. It was blocking my view to the menu." she said again, but he still gave her that confused look. Her hand was itching to move his head away from her view by herself, but then his face changed into an understanding look. 

" Ahh.. Mianhae, mianhae. " he said as he walked to stand behind her. This made Ji Hyo the one who was confused now. 

" You didn't have to swap place with me, I just want you to move your head a little, that's all. "

" Nah, it's alright. I don't really mind swapping place with you. " he said with a wide smile. The man was charismatic when he smiled. With that smile and that tall body, he could easily get to a modelling agency. Ji Hyo herself wasn't that short, but she would love to have long legs like his. 

" Well, if you say so.. Thanks by the way. My name's Song Ji Hyo. " she introduced herself as she bowed slightly. " Sorry if I poked you too hard.. " 

" No problem. I'm Lee Kwang Soo. And don't worry, my head does sometime bother a lot of people. That's why they call me giraffe. " he laughed at his own nickname which followed by Ji Hyo's laughter. 

" That name fits you so well! The first person who gave you that name is a genius! " she exclaimed between her laughter.It seemed like she had encountered another interesting person in Byeol University. And it was still 12 p.m! She wondered if she would meet more interesting people later in this university.

 

To be continued

 

A/n : I'd like to thank everyone who had spent their time reading this story! Thank you so much! ❤ I decided to separate this chapter into to part because I think it's too long, so yeah~ I'll post the next part soon though so don't worry. ❤

 

—Naz