Chapter 1

Property of the Merman

Jin usually tried to mind his own business. He loved to explore the sea at nights because it was easier to avoid curious humans who wanted to find a real mermaid/merman. He preferred to use the dark hours in order to find valuable items. His favourite thing to collect was glamorous barretes. He liked how elegant they looked on his hair.
One of those nights he couldn't find anything pretty or valuable, therefore he decided to rest on a rock and listen to the music that was coming from a ship not so far from him.
Everyone on the ship was having a good time while dancing. He wondered what were they celebrating? He always wanted to try and go to the land & socialize with other humans. As a half merman-half human, he could have done it. He could turn into a human if he was out of water, but he was scared. All of his friends said how humans won't understand the magical creatures like them. As a half human he had tried to see what he looked like in human form, but he never had the courage to contact human world and try new things. Deep down he always wondered what would a human life be like.
Just when he was getting deeper into his thoughts, he heard a loud splash. It looked like someone fell into the water from the deck. He stayed still, looking at the boy who was struggling to swim, after a few moments he realized that the poor boy didn't know how to swim. It seemed like no one on the ship noticed the boy's absence. He jumped back into the water and swam toward the boy! By the time Jin reached him, he had stopped struggling and was unconsious. Jin grabbed him from behind and swam to a nearby cove.
He put the boy down and checked his breathing. He wasn't breathing so Jin tried to do cpr and chest compressions based on what he had seen from the lifegaurds. A few moments later, the boy coughed up water and started breathing, but he passed out again.
He slept while Jin stayed next to him just in case he stopped breathing again.
Even though he was very handsome (to the point that Jin silently confessed the boy was more charming than him) Jin noticed the uneasy expression on his face.
He combed the boy's hair hoping that it'll calm him down. Just like magic, the boy leaned to his gentle touch and the frown on his face was gone within seconds.
In the light of the morning, Jin noticed his cute little features. The boy had a lot of moles, a tiny one on the tip of the his nose, under his eye and on his cheek. They were all so cute. Jin gently touched the one on his nose, which made the boy sneeze loudly. Jin got scared and jumped backwards. The boy was up and upon seeing Jin's blue tail, his face went slack, his mouth got slightly open and he stared wide-eyed at Jin. He froze up and it looked like he was hardly breathing. Jin got a little closer and asked cautiously
Jin: hey, are you alright?
The boy started to come back to his senses, he let out a sudden sigh, opened his mouth to speak and then snaped it shut. Gulped and then he tried to say something, but it came out raspy.
Boy: am I dreaming?
Jin: no, don't you remember? You fell into the water and couldn't swim. You were unconcious, I took you here so you can recover.
The boy blinked a few times while eyeing the merman's wide chest. He then layed down, closed his eyes and thought when he opens his eyes, he will be back home, on his bed, without a merman looking at him.
When he opened his eyes, he met sparkling eyes, which were looking curiously at him from 1 cm away.
Their faces were so damn close, he couldn't handle this!
Jin: what are you doing human?
When he didn't get a response from the boy. He continued
Jin: You should get going, your friends and family will be worried about you.
The boy kept staring and didn't respond again. Jin nervously pushed his hair behind his ear and continued
Jin: oh, I'm Jin by the way! What are you called?
The boy finally jumped on his knees and crawled toward Jin. When he got close enough, he pressed his index finger on Jin's chest & when he realized the merman in front of him was real! He freaked out all over again! He jumped back on his while holding his finger in front of his eyes
Boy: I just touched a merman! I JUST TOUCHED A FREAKING MERMAN!!!!
Jin looked at the boy's reaction while thinking how dramatic humans are!!!!
Jin: hey! I asked you a question!
Boy: Taehyung! My name is Taehyung
He crawled towards Jin again, this time getting closer to him
Tae asked cheekily: so you were the one who saved me from drowning? I thought it was an angel from hevean, coming to collect my soul!
Jin blushed and looked away! The boy was too close, he could probably feel the heat from his cheeks
He mumbled: I should take you back to your land!
Tae asked: how? Do you have a boat here?
Jin: no, you have to hold me from behind while I swim!
Tae looked at the water and then at Jin, he then protested
Tae: nope! It's not happening! I'm not going into the water!
Jin: well there is no other way!
He hold tae's hand and whispered
Jin: you have to trust me!
And Tae who looked like an unhappy puppy, held onto Jin's broad shoulders and gave Jin his address.
After 30 minutes of swimming, they finally got near the beach. He swam to an abandoned part and dropped Tae off
Tae was excited! How often do you get to see a handsome merman who would save your life? Rarely!
Tae: so, can I see you again?
Jin was surprised
Jin: why do you wanna see me again?
Tae: You saved my life! I wanna know the person who saved me!
Jin was quiet, should he socialize with a human? Was it safe to keep in touch with him? At the end he came to the conclusion that Taehyung can teach him about human life.
Jin: ok
Tae: so yea?
Jin: yes
He then swam back to the ocean while hearing taehyung shouting at the top of his lungs
Tae: I'll be here tomorrow around sunset
Jin smiled and waved his tail for him!

 

 

Ok! Here is the first chapter of this fic! I went to the beach today so I can visualize the setting of this! I really like the idea of a half merman Jin! By the way, the part that Jin admits tae is more charming than him is just something I liked to add! DOESN'T MEAN THAT I THINK TAE IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN JIN! They both are equally beautiful inside out!
I already posted some pics of merman Jin and drowning Tae on my twitter! Look taejinNthusiast up if you are interested! I didn't make the art *cuz I'm artless :(* but these are some pics that are close to what I think Jin would look like if he was a merman! So yea hope you like this! Leave me some coments and I'll see you next time!