Untitled 2

Untitled 2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I threw and break every possible thing my eyes could see. Yesung on the other hand was trying to stop and calm me, but he couldn’t. 

 

How can I do that?

 

It’s my wedding day! But my groom left me with a ing letter and a sorry. That’s all. No other explanations why. No other reasons why.

 

My handwritten letters were all scattered on the floor together with the broken pieces of glasses and my heart.

 

Why, Siwon? Why today? Why not yesterday? Or last month? Why today?! Why of all the days, why did you choose our wedding day??!

 

I screamed and pushed the last tall vase that I can see.

 

I heard a screeching of wheels outside then saw my Mom’s shocked face as she eyed the floor and me.

 

I looked at her for a second and run on her arms, stepping the broken glasses with my barefoot. Yesung tried to stop me but he was too late. I can’t feel the pain that these shards give anyway. My body was too numb to feel the physical pain it brings compared to my heart breaking inside.

 

“Call an ambulance!” Heechul yelled to our maids.

 

“Mom, why?” I asked. She cried again but hugged me tight.

 

Why can’t I get an answer from them? Why does no one knows?

 

Heechul carried me to sit down and checked my bleeding feet. The maid gave him his kit and the other one was carrying a basin.

 

He started by giving me an injection, maybe a tranquilizer since my body’s feeling light, then sanitizes my feet and took out some visible broken pieces of glass. I was just staring at him, eyes filled with tears. I can see the anger on his face while gripping his medical tools. His precious hand has a bruise, maybe from punching Kwon-appa earlier.

 

I touched his bruised hand. “I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have done this.”

 

“Taeyeon, I will punch every faces that hurts you. I don’t care if I break a bone on my hand, I don’t care if I can’t operate again, I don’t care whoever it is,” he said while wrapping my feet with bandages.

 

The medics from the ambulance came with their stretcher.

 

After cutting the bandages on left foot, he was about to cut my wedding gown using his surgical scissors but I stopped him.

 

His eyes were fuming.

 

“Not these, please,” I shook my head while looking at him until I was slowly losing my consciousness and everything went black.

 

—-

 

The sound of my pulse in the monitor told me that I am awake and alive.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

 

Yesung, my dear brother was sleeping in the couch while sitting, papers scattered around him. He looked so tired. Why is he working here?

 

“Stats,” the door swung open and Heechul went inside on his lab coat and stethoscope hanged on his neck, while reading a medical chart.

 

“Vital signs are stable, doc,” I said. He lifted his head and walked quicker towards me. He sat down on my side and patted my head. “But the patient’s heart is failing.”

 

I cried, again.

 

No one can ever describe the pain that I am feeling right now. I feel like every bone on my ribs were being taken, I feel like my chest was ripped open without giving me an anesthesia. I feel like my lungs are being clogged, I couldn’t breathe.

 

I feel nauseated from all the thoughts that been swirling around my mind.

 

“Neomo apa, neomo apayo.”

 

“Ssssh, Taeyeon. Everything will be okay,” he replied.

 

“I have to find him. I have to find him so everything will be okay,” I hurriedly jumped on my bed and yanked after remembering that I hurt both of my feet but this won’t stop me.

 

I pulled the needle on my wrist and tried walking to get out of the room. I was dragging my feet but every steps was painful.

 

Do I have to be in this pain just to get to him? If yes, then let me bleed.

 

As I finally reached the doorknob, a cold fluid flowed on my body.

 

I looked at my brother as he took out the injection on my skin and everything went blur and turned black again.

 

 

Yesung was peeling a fruit on my side even if I refused him already that I won’t eat.

 

“Go back in your office. I’m fine alone,” I told him. I just woke up again and he was still here with his papers scattered on the couch.

 

“My office is just beside this room,” he replied.

 

I know. Of course, I memorized every room in this floor.

 

We grew up walking in this building like it was just our playground. Well, this room was literally our playground before. SSSVVIP room, for the first family of this hospital.

 

We are the Kim’s. Sole owner of Kim Heesung Hospital Corporation. 2nd Generation Chaebol in South Korea. This hospital is our life from our great-great grandfather Heesung, passed down to my father, and soon to Yesung-not that our eldest brother is incompetent in business, but he chose to serve patients rather than business.

 

Heechul may have a chick personality but he’s top on his class in our school. He’s a neurosurgeon, that’s why his hands are more precious than anything in this world.

 

Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter