제 4장 ㅡ Umbrella

Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ㅡ 제 4장 ㅡ Chapter 4: Umbrella

 

Who is this new girl now? Why am I meeting a lot of people today?

 

"We're home!" Yerim shouted. Why do I have such a loud sister?

 

"Oh, you're home!" Umma greeted us elatedly. Why does she seem so happy and excited? "What took you so long?"

 

"I treated this baby beside me by buying her toys." I told them.

 

"Who is she, Umma?" Yerim asked pointing at the new girl who's busy talking to our appa.

 

"Since you're finally here, I'd like you to meet my niece, Lalisa Manoban." She cheerfully said and even clapped. Excited much, huh?

 

Wait a minute... Did she just mention Lalisa Manoban? My bestie's girlfriend? Umma's niece? Huh? What the heck is happening here?

 

"Lalisa?" I asked. The Thai girl stood up and faced us, and I think she was just as shocked as us.

 

"Jennie-ssi!" She half-yelled while pointing at me. "What are you doing here? Wait, you two are Uncle's nieces?"

 

"You guys knew each other?" Appa asked.

 

"Yes, Appa! She's Chaeng-unnie's girlfriend!" My sister yelled like someone stole her food.

 

"Oh, that's great then!" Umma said in glee. I looked at Lisa then at Umma. She might have noticed my questioning look so she continued, "Since you already knew each other, it won't be hard for all of us now."

 

"What do you mean, Umma?" I asked.

 

"She'll be staying here for awhile."

 

"What?! How about Rosie?! You won't be staying with her?" I asked Lisa.

 

"She said that she wants to visit her relatives and friends first because it has been so long since she last met them."

 

"Lisa-unnie, how long are you going to stay here?" My great sister asked like they're already close or whatsoever.

 

"It depends on when Chaeng wants me to stay with her. Maybe a week or two, or maybe three? Will it be okay for you?" She innocently asked.

 

"I donㅡ"

 

"Of course, unnie! That'll be awesome as fuuucㅡ firetruck?" Yerim cut me while saying alien words again.

 

"Firetruck?" Appa asked.

 

"Yeah? A moving firetruck?"

 

"You're getting weirder as days pass by." I said.

 

"Got it from you." I rolled eyes at her.

 

"Can't you two stop arguing for just a minute? You're not kids anymore." Appa scolded us. 

 

"I'm still a teen, I just turned 19. The other one here is already growing old now." I glared at her, Appa looked at her, then Umma and Lisa were trying to prevent their laughs. "Okay, I'll go to my room now and keep quiet. Just decide on your own, but it would be really awesome if you let Lisa-unnie stay. Jaljayooo~" She added as she went up to her room after kissing our cheeks, but of course, except the Thai's.

 

"But if we let her stay, is she going to share room with Yerim?"

 

"No silly, with you of course."

 

Ohh... What?!

 

"You gotta be kidding me, Umma."

 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" She raised her right eyebrow up. "It'll be only for awhile, Jendeukie~ Pweash accept it for us, for me~"

 

"Eww, Umma!" I disgustingly looked at her. I sighed before continuing, "Fine, but Lisa, my stuffs are mine. You cannot touch anything unless I've given you the permission to do so."

 

"Jendeukie..." She mumbled which is enough for me to hear. I looked at her but she seemed to be in her own world.

 

"Hmm? Did you just call me?"

 

"A-Ah! N-No! I mean, I just remembered someone with your name." She looked flustered, her cheeks were so red.

 

"Oh, is that so? She must be grateful to have the same name with me. Well, you're not allowed to call me that. Just call me Jennie or Jen or whatever you want, but that. Do you understand?"

 

"Y-Yeah..."

 

"And not because you're Rosie's girl, I will be good to you. Remember, we just met today, and it's just a bonus that it's twice." I said looking directly at her eyes. 

 

"Don't be too harsh on her, Jennie Kim." Umma said. "She is still my niece, okay?" I just nod.

 

"Good night, guys." I then kissed their cheeks ㅡ but of course, except Lisa's ㅡ before going in my room. 

 

"Good night, baby." They both said.

 

 

 

Lisa's POV

 

"She's nice, believe me." Auntie said.

 

"She is just, you know, kind of cold to those whom she just met." Uncle told me, smiling.

 

"I understand, Auntie, Uncle. I also want to get to know her more since she's my girlfriend's bestfriend and she's your niece," I uttered, "and I think she's fun to be with, somehow." I said unknowingly smiling.

 

"She may be cold outside, but trust me, she's as bright as the sun." Auntie laughed. "Go to your shared room now. I bet she's done taking a bath now or maybe sleeping already. I had already put your luggage there." I obliged and went to unnie's room. I can't find her anywhere so I think she's still in the bathroom. I saw a lot of pictures frames; therefore, I went to look. I saw her pictures alone, with Yeri, with Auntie and Uncle, and a family picture which has two young girls.

 

I wonder why they're not together now.

 

I saw a solo picture of the older girl being cute like a dumpling with her chubby cheeks ㅡ whom I believe Jennie-unnie was when younger. I grabbed it and looked closer. It has a written name at the corner ㅡ Kim Jendeuk.

 

Jendeuk? Why do I feel like I heard that name before? Jendeuk... Jendeukie...

 

"What can't you understand about me telling you that you cannot touch my things?" I quickly put down the picture frame and bowed at her. Oh, .

 

"I-I, uh, I d-didn't mean to, J-J-Jennie-unnie!"

 

"Fine, but don't you ever do that again or else." She glared at me. Freakin' scary. I just looked down the floor like it's the most interesting thing in this world. "Take a bath and sleep. Just fix your things tomorrow. I don't like hearing noises when I'm sleeping. And. Don't. You. Ever. Wake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter