제 1장 ㅡ Finally

Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ㅡ 제 1장 ㅡ Chapter 1: Finally

 

People seem to despise rain. No, they hate it. They prevent themselves from getting wet. They choose to run instead of enjoying every drop of it. They curse when it rains, having those virulent looks on their faces as they blame the weathercasters.

 

I used to loathe rain as well. The fact that it was raining when our mom passed away, and when dad left us to our auntie to have some fun with his new fling. I used to hate rain, used to, but things are different now. It was raining when I met her, the girl who made me relish every single drop of it.

 

"Unnie. Unnie~ Unnie! Yah, Kim Jennie! It's raining. Let's go!" My sister, Yerim, yelled at me. She held my wrist and tempted to run, but I immediately stopped her from doing so. 

 

"I'll stay here for a meantime. You can go home first. Tell them I'm just doing my usual routine." I told her as I shooed her away. Well, she has no other choice than to obey me because she knew my oafishness. 

 

"Aish. Fine, but don't stay out too late, okay? You might catch cold. I'll be waiting for you at home." She said full of concern as she goes off. I smiled sweetly at her and just nodded my head.

 

I walked around the area while thinking of how cruel this world is; how inferior people can be, at times. I want to see the light. I want to witness the goodness in people. I want to... I want to meet her again.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Daddy!" Yerim shouted as loud as she can as we watched our father drove away with his new girl. "Daddy... W-Where are y-you going?" My sister mumbled while crying. It broke my heart seeing her like this. I can't stand being broken again. We're still young to be abandoned by our father ㅡ I'm just 15 and Yerim was just 13.

 

"First, it was Mom... And now, it's Dad... No... I can't let this happen..." I chuntered.

 

"Jen..." Umma, our aunt Dara, muttered. 

 

"Jennie, everything will be fine soon." Appa, our uncle Jiyong, said trying to calm me down.

 

"No! I won't let this happen!" I ran fast. I ran after Dad's car. "Dad! Daddy! Daaad!" I ran and ran until I felt tired. I didn't bother looking back at them when they kept calling me. It's raining. Why is it always raining?! I tripped on a rock that caused me to fall. I didn't even notice that I had reached the park that's quite far from our house. I cried hard and it's rained hard suddenly too. Abruptly, someone covered me with a coat.

 

"Hey... Uhm, are you okay?"

 

"Do I look okay, huh?" I rudely asked back.

 

"Oh, chill. I'm just concern, okay?" She looked at me, then at the sky ㅡ although it's raining ㅡ as she slowly closed her eyes. "You know, they said that it's not good to stay out when raining because you'll be sick or whatsoever, but I believe the opposite..." She paused. I looked up to her. She's already soaking wet due to the rain. "Rain is always there when I'm feeling vulnerable. It'll suddenly rain when something sad happens to me. It calms me. Don't you think it feels the same, that it feels sad as well? That it's like, it knows when I'm feeling down so it's there for me when no one would, just like what's happening to you right now. You're crying and it's suddenly raining. Don't you think we should just enjoy the its drops? Rain can be our friend too." She innocently looked at me with those two beautiful brown orbs, then smiled sweetly. She then offered her hand to help me stand up. 

 

Her voice is so soft and feminine. How can she know such things at a young age? I bet that she's even younger at me based on her looks. Is she a nerd? When I looked at her, my heart beats so fast. Just what the heck. Don't tell me I'm fascinated by her beauty. She even smiled at me.

 

"I-I'm fine! U-uh... T-Thanks? I b-better go. Sorry for disturbance." I quickly stood up, ignoring her hand offer, and politely bowed at her. I, then, ran away from her.

 

"Hey! Girl in the rain! You said you're not okay! Yah, come back here, you bipolar kid!" She shouted at me. 

 

Did she just call me a kid?! Stupid bangsy girl. 

 

 

Meanwhile...

I'm going to meet you again, girl in the rain... And you're gonna give me my favorite coat back...

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

It was raining cat and dog when I first met her. Since then, I haven't seen her again. I wanted to, honestly. I kept thinking of her almost every single day. It has been 7 years. I still have her coat with me. It has her sweet scent that's so addictive; I don't even know how it still lingers until now. It's my favorite smell ever since. I don't kind of remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter