Silay

Moon/Sun

•••••

silay /see-lie/ v.

- Filipino word which means 'to get a glimpse of' or 'to glance at';

- looking at your crush/es 😉

•••••

 

 

 

 

 

"Ladies, in a few minutes we will be starting the celebration of the Holy Eucharist. Please settle down before we begin..."

 

"Byul!"

 

...

 

"Moon! Byul! Yi! Wake up!"

 

"Quit it, Hyejin-ah" Moonbyul answered, keeping her eyes closed. She was enjoying the last few minutes of sleep before having to stay awake for the hour-long ritual and succeeding student assembly after that.

 

The steady buzz of chatter from the rest of the student body had the ability to lull her to sleep. But the ability (and persistence) of her best friend to force her awake was stronger.

 

"The Sun is in the east! I repeat, the Sun is in the east!" her best friend whisper-yelled into her ear all while shaking her awake.

 

"Of course it is, Hwasassy, the sun naturally rises in the east!"

 

"Honestly, pabo, I don't know why you bothered with a codename in the first place if you're just gonna forget it."

 

Hwasa put both hands on either side of Byul's face and turned her to their right side. True enough, the Sun was in the east, across the aisle from them. And by Sun they meant a beautiful brunette with long wavy hair, skin as white as snow, and rose tinted cheeks, named Solar.

 

Solar was a Junior, a year above the two bestfriends, & had been Byul's long-time crush since forever. She was an active member of their student council, a talented musician, and the popular girl beloved by all because she was so kind & friendly to everyone. 

 

Byul promptly turned around before she got caught staring with the deepest blush on her cheeks. She sent a silent prayer out to the heavens for her extreme luck that day. Not only was she sitting right next to her crush, but that also meant they'd be able to briefly hold hands during "The Lord's Prayer".

 

"Thanks! I owe you one," Byul said with a sheepish grin, hugging on to Hwasa's side tightly.

 

"Don't worry about it, just help me find my crush," Hwasa replied, hugging her back with a chuckle.

 

As she said it, Byul began scanning the rows of students surrounding them, looking for one girl in particular. Hwasa's crush, Wheein, was a small girl known for her really bright round eyes with a dimpled smile, amazing singing voice, & really funny puppy-like nature. 

 

The opening hymn for the mass began to play and Byul needed not to look any further to find Wheein. She was standing off to the side of the make-shift altar with the rest of the choir, singing. Byul nudged Hwasa's side, discreetly pointing to the direction in front of them.

 

Both girls stood in shocked silence, unable to believe their luck. Now they each had that extra motivation to get through their day. It didn't matter whether their respective crushes knew they existed, the mere sight of them already brought an unexplainable happiness to the two saps.  

 

"Looks like we both got our answered prayers today," Hwasa sighed in content. 

 

"Amen to that!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

•••••

 

A/n: may or may not be based on a true story from my 13 years at an all-girls catholic school, haha 😏  

 

thinking about possibly turning this into a longer fic too. tbh, so much wild stuff went down from what i recall of my memories in school worth retelling & i love imagining the girls' characters/personalities in those.