Three ~ Habit Leads to Worry

There's Something About Hyungwon

          It had been exactly three weeks since Hyungwon first ran into Hoseok, quite literally. Since then, the two had bickered numerous times, Hoseok often scolded his negative and rude behavior, and they had walked to the subway numerous nights. They went together so often that within the past week Hyungwon found himself picking up the habit of waiting for the younger if they hadn't come across each other in their normal place.

          The two hadn't grown close, but they weren't as distant as they had been. As much as Hyungwon tried to deny it he couldn't prevent himself from softening up slightly towards the college student. Hyungwon shook his head as he sub-consciously checked the time on his watch. It was well past eight and Hoseok still hadn't shown up. A slight tinge of worry pulled at Hyungwon's heart seeing as the two usually met up at 7:45-8:00. Hyungwon shook his head, trying to rid his mind of the useless thoughts. Perhaps he had a job and was working, or perhaps he went directly to the station. Perhaps he was sick of Hyungwon.

          Hyungwon couldn't help but feel slightly sad at the thought, he had finally met someone that wasn't fake towards him and spoke his mind. While, yes, Hyungwon did find it annoying, he also found it somewhat endearing. Hyungwon hated the thought of it but he found himself looking forward to the walk to the subway. He longed to have a friend or at least someone to keep company. For the past few weeks, Hoseok had become that person for Hyungwon. 

          Hyungwon laughed bitterly at himself, "I'm acting like a high school girl with a crush..."

          Hyungwon checked his watch yet again, another ten minutes had passed and Hoseok was nowhere in sight. Hyungwon sighed quietly before allowing his arm to fall to his side and stepping away from the wall he had been leaning against. Hyungwon walked down the sidewalk as it began to mist. A sigh bubbled up from Hyungwon's throat at the sudden change in the weather, a few minutes prior the sky had been clear. His annoyance towards the weather only grew as he remembered that the weather forecast said nothing about it raining.

          Hyungwon placed his hands into the pockets of his long overcoat, which he had only started wearing recently due to the weather getting colder as fall approached head-strong. Hyungwon silently rounded a corner after walking straight for a while as the rain began to come down harder. Hyungwon stopped as he saw someone sitting against a building while being hunched over, their head nestled between their legs. For some reason, Hyungwon's chest tightened and he found his pace quicken when he started walking again.

          Hyungwon stopped as he reached the person, familiar silver hair clung tightly to his head in wet clumps. 

          "H-Hoseok?" Hyungwon muttered as he knelt down in front of the younger male.

          A small sob came from the younger. Hyungwon moved his hand to the top of the younger's head, causing him to wince and tense up.

          "What happened?" Hyungwon asked, running his hand through the younger's wet hair in attempts to comfort the boy, who was clearly upset.

          Hoseok shook his head, refusing to sit up and look at Hyungwon. Hyungwon sighed before touseling Hoseok's wet hair slightly. Hyungwon froze for a moment, why was he acting in such a way? Hyungwon shook his head, it didn't matter at this point, he didn't care about his 'image'.  Hyungwon placed a hand on Hoseok's knee. 

          "Come on, get up..." Hyungwon said softly.

          Hoseok lifted his head slightly so that Hyungwon was only able to see his eyes. Tears continued to spill from the younger's eyes as they locked with Hyungwon's. Hyungwon removed a chunk of hair from Hoseok's eyes and his gaze on the younger softened. Hoseok lifted his head completely, revealing new forming bruises. Hyungwon gasped slightly for two different reasons, one being the bruises covering the younger and the other being the fact that within five seconds Hoseok had moved from his crumbled state to wrap his arms around Hyungwon.

          Hyungwon was taken aback slightly and took a moment to regain his composure before slowly encircling the youngers torso with his arms. "Come on... Let's stand up really quick..."

          Hoseok shook his head, burrowing it into the crook of Hyungwon's neck. "Please, just this once..."

          Hoseok stuttered slightly as a sob escaped his throat, "P-please... Just hold me..."

          Hyungwon rubbed the younger's back before responding, "I-... I will, just... Let's stand up. I'll hold you for as long as you need afterward..."

          Hoseok nodded his head slightly, his grip on Hyungwon's waist loosening. Hyungwon slowly began to stand, holding Hoseok so that he was secure. When the two were finally standing Hyungwon sighed before turning him and Hoseok so that Hyungwon was now standing against the wall and Hoseok was leaning into him. Another sob came from Hoseok as his fingers curled into the cloth of Hyungwon's coat. Hyungwon sighed before tightening his hold on the younger.

          "Hoseok..." Hyungwon began, his voice in a quiet whisper. "What happened?"

          Hoseok nuzzled his head into Hyungwon's shoulder. Hyungwon swallowed slightly.

          "I-It's alright... if you don't want to talk about it..." Hyungwon added. "I-... Would it be alright if I called one of my chauffers? I'd prefer to not be in the rain while... ya know..."

          Hoseok nodded his head and Hyungwon pulled his phone from his pocket, calling one of the numbers he had on speed dial. "Y-yes... Joshua? Yes, it's Hyungwon. I know it is late... But could you pick me up, I have a friend with me who's had a rough day... Ah, thank you. We're about a block away from the subway station..."

          Hyungwon hung up the call before placing his phone into his pocket again. "He'll be here shortly."

          Hyungwon released Hoseok before pressing against his chest lightly causing Hoseok to slowly let go of him. Hyungwon looked away from Hoseok as he removed his coat and draped it over his head like a wedding veil. Hoseok looked up at Hyungwon with widened tear-filled eyes.

          "W-what are you doing-"

          "You might get sick if you get any wetter..." Hyungwon replied, holding the coat on Hoseok so it wouldn't fall off.

          "I'll be lonely walking to the subway without you..." Hyungwon uttered in a barely audible whisper.

          "S-same..." Hoseok replied, leaning forward into Hyungwon's chest. "Hyungwon..."

          Hyungwon hummed slightly, "Yes?"

          "I-... Can... Can we..." Hoseok paused, his cheeks turning red against Hyungwon's chest. "Can we be f-friends?"

          Hyungwon smiled slightly before nodding his head, "Yeah. Yeah, we can Hoseok."

          Hoseok smiled as Hyungwon lowered his hands from holding the jacket to Hoseok's face, "T-thanks... It'd be nice to have a friend... And... I know that you're a lot more caring and warm-hearted than you let on to be... Tonight... Really proves that..."

          Hyungwon chuckled slightly as he wiped a few stray tears from Hoseok's cheeks. "Hey, about what happened tonight, tell me whenever you're ready... I'll listen." 

          Hoseok gulped slightly, "I... Don't want to ruin things with you... I don't want you to hate me... Especially after you just agreed to be friends..."

          Hyungwon smiled slightly, "I won't judge you... I promi-"

          A car honking cut Hyungwon off. Hyungwon looked past Hoseok to see Joshua unrolling the passenger window of the car. Joshua winked at Hyungwon as he saw the scene. 

          Hyungwon's face flushed slightly at Joshua's action and he found himself stuttering out his words, "C-car's here..."

          Hoseok hummed before turning his head to see a male in a white suit getting out of a car and walking around to the passenger side. The male bowed slightly before opening the car door.

          Hyungwon separated himself from Hoseok and gave his shoulder a squeeze before walking to the car, bowing his head in thanks to Joshua before getting inside. Hoseok watched awkwardly before Hyungwon gestured for him to get in the car next to him. Hoseok bowed his head to Joshua before getting in the car and sitting next to Hyungwon. Hoseok sniffled slightly as Joshua went around the car and got back into the driver's seat.

Hyungwon placed his hand on Hoseok's and gave it a reassuring squeeze, "You can tell me whenever you're ready... I won't judge you for anything."

          Hoseok sighed quietly, the sudden change in Hyungwon's mood comforted him. But the fact that just being around the older, in general, was enough to comfort him scared him. 

          And the fact his heart began to beat faster at the older's touch scared him. 

          Hoseok didn't want to fall in love again.

          "I-I'll tell you...- w-where are we going...?" Hoseok stuttered out, his finger's curling into the seat under Hyungwon's hand.

          "To my place, I'd rather you be around me than by yourself... You seem shaken up over whatever happened, I don't need you get careless or distracted."

          Hoseok nodded his head slightly, "T-thank you..."

          "It's no problem... I'd prefer it if you were safe." As much as Hyungwon wanted to deny it, he had a soft spot for the younger. "and, you're allowed to stay until you feel safe again... I can tell by how upset you were... Something horrible happened, obviously, seeing as you were injured. You don't seem like the kind of person that picks a fight and then cries over it... So there must be some kind of threat towards you..."

          Hoseok fell silent. 

          Silence embraced the two of them for what seemed to be minutes on end until Hyungwon finally spoke up, "I'll protect you."

         Hoseok didn't want to fall in love again... But there's something about Hyungwon.