Stupid Steps!

Try Being Cinderella's Fairy Godmother [discontinued]

After a boring day of school for Heechul, he then went straight home to his mansion via limo. The only good parts of the day for him were his friends and their comedic antics along with the fact that he had a passing grade on a test that was considered to be extremely difficult.

When the limo reached his mansion, he then hopped out of the limo and came racing into his home.

"Hey, appa! Are you home?" Heechul called. He was hoping that his father was here and not on an expensive business trip so he could see his son's grade.

"No but he'll be home a few minutes later." A different voice replied and he wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Oh, hell no. Not her." He grumbled as a beautiful woman came into the living room and he forced a smile on his face. "Hello, stepmother~!" He greeted her a bit too enthusiastically.

His stepmother had a slight frown on her face. After all those years of being married to his biological father and being a part of his family, Heechul still hasn't accepted her as a family member, much less as a mother. But then again, she understood why. Who wouldn't? Would anybody like it if a stepparent suddenly pops into his or her life and would seemingly take over the role of mother or father?

"Hello, Heechul. How are you?" She asked politely.

"Good." He gave her a short answer. "Where's appa?" He asked.

"Oh, he's out for a while. He said he'll be back in fifteen minutes." She answered and Heechul inwardly unleashed a bunch of curses. "Is it important? You can show it to me and I'll tell your father." She suggested, noticing his upset behavior. 

"No, why would I show anything to you?" He scoffed and she was a bit taken back by his response.

"Oh, if you want time to pass by quickly, then do you want to hang out with your stepbrothers or me?" She asked, trying to get her stepson to bond.

"Hell no." He answered with a scoff as he went up to his room. Just as he reached the top of the steps, he saw two figures standing there which were his stepbrothers, Jaejoong and Junsu.

"Oh, hell no." He groaned, face-palming himself.

"Hey, bro." Jaejoong greeted him in his usual friendly way with a wave.

"How are you doing?" Junsu asked, greeting his stepbrother in a way that's equal to his older brother.

"Why the hell do you want to know? Don't act so friendly with me, Jaejoong, Junsu." Heechul practically hissed out and both brothers were taken back by their younger stepbrother's behavior.

"Heechul, don't you like us?" Jaejoong asked, hurt at his words.

"I thought that had an obvious answer but let me spell it out for you two so you idiots can get it through your thick skulls. N-O. NO!" Heechul roared before he went into his room in a huff and slammed the door.

Junsu and Jaejoong then glanced at each other and both flinched when they heard Heechul mutter, "Stupid steps."

"Well, he has to like us some time soon or at least stand us." Junsu sighed as he looked at the door. Then they heard the sound of a glass vase being thrown against the wall inside Heechul's room.

"What the is up with those stupid steps. I don't want to bond with them. What did appa think when he married her? I didn't want them to be a part of the family and I'm not going to consider them to be a part of the family." Heechul ranted, running his hand through his hair and out of rage, he flung another vase to the wall.

"Heechul, are you alright? What was that noise up there?" A voice from downstairs asked and Heechul perked up, recognizing that voice as his dad's.

In an instant, he dashed downstairs and appeared right in front of his father.

"Why, it's nothing, appa." He said sweetly, patting his dad's shoulder before getting his test paper out of his school bag. "Hey, look what I got~!" He said excitedly.

Mr. Kim squinted his eyes at his son's score.  "How nice. You passed." He patted his son's head.

"And that was supposed to be an extremely difficult test, too." Heechul added as an attempt to please his father.

"Good for you, son but I don't think it's as good as Jaejoong and Junsu's accomplishments here." His father stated, pointing at his younger stepbrothers who were also in the living room with their mother.

"What?!" Heechul dropped his jaw.

"Why those two raised over one hundred thousand won for their foundation on autism research." His father reasoned and his biological son fumed inwardly.

'I can make that much money if I wanted to. No wait, even more than those brats.' He thought as he frowned and crossed his arms.

"But daddy~! Aren't you proud of me for passing a test?" Heechul asked cutely with a pout.

"Yes but please make it some thing that's more worthy to be proud of. I mean anybody can pass an extremely difficult test." His father answered and Heechul quickly left in a huff with his younger stepbrothers trailing after him.

"Hey, hyung!" Jaejoong called, grabbing Heechul's shoulder.

"Sorry for overshadowing you." Junsu sincerely apologized with a deep bow and Heechul roughly shrugged Jaejoong's hand off.

"I don't need your damn pity and did I ever gave you permission to call me hyung?" Heechul hissed menacingly as he stomped upstairs and went into his room.

Out of rage, he threw another vase at the wall and was about to throw a glass figurine until he caught himself in his act. He then looked at the glass figurine which was shaped as a carriage. A tear started to form in his eyes. After all, he almost broke his mother's favorite item in the world.

"U-Umma... why did you have to leave me?" Heechul choked on his tears.

"Heechul, could you please come down for dinner!" He heard his stepmother's voice and he wiped his tears away.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" He replied harshly, leaving his room.

"Heechul!" His stepmother called again as his foot landed on the first step of the staircase.

"I said I'm coming!" He yelled before he tripped on his own two feet and was sent on a trip down the stairs. He would have had a rough landing but he was saved after he fell into Jaejoong's arms.

"Hey, hyung. You alright?" Jaejoong asked, concerned for his stepbrother and Heechul immediately fumed with rage.

"Don't call me hyung and get your stinking arms off me!" He roared and Jaejoong let him go.

Sir Cinderella now felt as if his pride was out of him. His face was red with rage and embarrassment. After all, his despicable (in his own word) stepbrother saved him. He rather die from a nasty fall than let any of his stepfamily members save him.

"Later, hyung! Tell me if you need anything." Jaejoong went downstairs.

"Don't call me hyung!" Heechul snarled as he stomped downstairs like a baby throwing a nasty fit.

"Heechul, what was with all the yelling?" His father asked.

"Oh, nothing~!" His biological son answered innocently like an angel, disguising his rage. As soon as he reached the floor, he immediately kicked the bottom steps.

"Stupid steps!" He shouted from the top of his lungs.

"Who? Us or the stairs?" Junsu who was nearby asked.

"Both!" Heechul answered, kicking the step again as a part of his wrath. "Ow!"