Chapter 2

Repeating the Past

It was 2013? Why was it 2013?

She had been having a mental breakdown for about 30 minutes now.

This is impossible she thought to herself, it had to be a dream.

She had already pinched and slapped herself a couple of times to wake up, but it hadn’t worked.

 

“Sweetie are you almost ready? Taehyung is already here.”

What was going on? Why was she a high school student again?

 

“I’m almost ready mom.”

She slowly stood and decided to just go with it.

Maybe this was just a dream. She would just play along, and she would eventually wake up. Right?

She stepped out of her room and found Taehyung sitting in the living room.

 

“You ready for school Areum?”

Taehyung waked at her and she gave him a small smile.

 

“Of course. Bye, mom, we are leaving.”

 

“Goodbye sweetie, have a nice day at school.”

 

 

Taehyung and Areum walked in silence for a couple of minutes before Areum decided to speak.

She could probably tell him, couldn’t she.

He was her best friend; he wouldn’t think she was crazy.

“Taehyung…”

He looked at her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I have something to say but please don’t think I’m crazy okay. Something strange is going on, I’m not this Areum. I mean I am Areum but not this Areum I am actually from the future and somehow I went back in time and I am here…”

 

“Thank god, I thought I was the only one!”

Taehyung shouted in relief.

 

“What?”

 

“I am also from the future. I don’t know why but I woke up and it was suddenly 2013 and I was at my parent’s house. This is the craziest dream I have ever had and honestly, I am kind of freaked out because I don’t know how this is possible. “

Taehyung seemed to be on the verge of a panic attack.

 

“Wait… OMG! So, you are from the future too. OMG! What the hell is going on why are we high school students again? Or are we just having a joint dream?”

 

“I don’t think this is a dream Areum. I think we traveled back in time.”

Taehyung faced her and grabbed her shoulders.

“We need to stay calm. We need to figure out what is going on and we need to get back to our time. For now, we are going to have to be our past selves okay. We have no other choice”

 

They had no other choice but to go along with the situation. They were going to have to relive their high school days until they figured out how to get back.

 

“Okay. Let’s just go to school for now then. I must remember my classes now …. Let’s meet up later for lunch and we can talk about this again.”

 

“Areum! Taehyung!”

They both turned towards the direction of the voice.

A guy ran towards them.

“I can’t believe we are running into each other, let’s walk together.”

It was their classmate Johnny. He was a great friend of theirs in high school but moved to Chicago after they graduated. They kept in touch but grew apart after a while.

He linked arms with both and gave them the brightest smile.

“Let’s go.”

It seemed both had forgotten about Johnny. The trio always hung out together and had the best times together.

Areum was happy to see him, he was one of the good memories she had in high school.

 

 

They soon arrived at school and went their own ways. Areum was a bit nervous to be back in high school. There were a lot of things she didn’t remember, a lot of people too, she just hoped she wouldn’t make a mistake.

She luckily remembered all her classes and seating arrangements. She was suddenly grateful she was a good student and paid attention in school.

 

She arrived at her first class and sat in her assigned spot. She looked around the class.

She had fun times in this place.

She tried to recall how she was in high school; she didn’t want anyone noticing she wasn’t her high school self. She quickly opened her backpack and took out her books.

She gasped her No-Face pencil case. She had completely forgotten she owned it. She almost cried at the sight of it.

 

“Areum, Good Morning!”

Areum turned towards the door and there stood a dear friend of hers.

 

“Mina!”

Areum ran towards her and pulled her into a hug.

“I missed you so much!”

 

Mina had been a close friend of hers. She had suddenly moved away their last year of high school and she never saw her again.

 

“You are being dramatic like always Areum. You just saw me yesterday.”

Mina laughed and squeezed Areum.

“But I missed you too!”

 

“You two are so dramatic.”

Areum looked towards the door and there stood Lee Donghyuck.

Woah, this guy. She completely forgot she had met him in high school.

They kept in touch after high school and well, they were still friends.

In high school, they were enemies. They bickered every time they saw each other. It was completely different from how they got along now.

 

“Donghyuck! You are here!”

She walked towards him and hugged him.

 

“What the hell are you doing you weirdo?”

She quickly pulled away remembering how they got along.

 

“Calm down jerk, you had probably never been touched by a girl, so I was giving you that experience.”

That was a quick save.

 

The people in the classroom laughed.

 

“Shut up Areum, what do you know? Don’t ever touch me again.”

He stomped over to his seat.

 

“You guys never stop fighting, do you?”

Mina laughed and walked over to her seat.

 

Areum had made a mistake, but she had been able to quickly fix it. Hopefully, that would be the only mistake.

 

Luckily, she didn’t make a mistake and was able to make it to lunch mistake-free.

She quickly found Taehyung.

 

“How are you holding up Taehyung?”

They sat together at one of the tables in the cafeteria.

 

“Surprisingly pretty well, I guess its thanks to the fact that I am still pretty immature.”

They laughed.

 

“I guess that’s true. I am kind of happy, I am seeing so many people that I hadn’t seen since we graduated. Oh, and I had completely forgotten we had met Donghyuck in high school.”

 

“How could you forget him? You guys use to fight every day. I am surprised you two get along so well now.”

Donghyuck and Areum hardly fought now, they always complimented each other and joked around.

 

“Guys, let’s sit together.”

Johnny had found them and decided to join them.

He smiled and both.

“I missed you guys.”

His face suddenly became serious.

“I have been watching you two since this morning and I think I am right.”

Johnny was mostly talking to himself.

“Guys, I know this might sound crazy but you guys are from the future right?”