Chapter 1

How The Tables Have Turned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time is ticking down. The suitcase on the floor is barely packed. You’re sprawled out on your bed, putting off packing. It has been quite some time since you’ve been home. Life has presented many opportunities that haven’t left much room for any relationship. When your parents called about the family reunion at your grandparents’ house, you were lucky enough to get a break.

After university, a job offer pulled you several hours away, and since then you’ve grown up exponentially. That included ending your relationship with your boyfriend at the time. Jongin was sweet and understanding when it happened. If anything, you ended on good terms. You wonder how he’s doing now, if he achieved his dreams. The thought of him makes your heart beat a little faster.

Memories of waking up next to his messy hair peeking out of the covers and hearing his content sigh when you cuddled up to his warm body run through your mind. You’re not going to lie to yourself, you kind of miss him. It’s just sometimes life gets too busy. If you had stayed together, what would your life be like now?

Your phone’s ringtone breaks you out of your reverie, and you throw a hand across the bed to retrieve it. Without looking at the ID, you answer groggily.

“Hey, sweetheart. Your grandpa and I were wondering if you were coming for the weekend.” Your grandma’s kind tone flows out of the speaker.

You rustle around until you’re sat up. “Yeah, I plan on leaving tonight.”

“Good! We’ve already set up a room for you and Jongin.”

Your heart stops at the name. You haven’t bothered to tell your family about the breakup; you just assumed they would figure it out when you stopped talking about him.

“O-Oh, you did?” You stutter out.

“Yes, everyone is excited to see you two again. I’ve been telling your great aunts all about him. They can’t wait to meet him,” She says happily.

You can’t bring yourself to tell her what happened, and your head starts to hurt. “Speaking of him, he just walked in. I’ll see you later.”

As soon as the call ends, you re-download an app you never thought you would use again: Facebook. When you moved off, you stopped getting on and keeping up with everyone. You know a certain someone would still be using it… and his current employer would be on his profile.

To your surprise, one of his dreams had come true. He owns a dance studio in the next city over, and it’s open at the moment. You immediately find the phone number and call it.

A woman answers cheerfully, “Hello, Ace Rhythm Dance Studio. How can I help you?”

“Hi, I was wondering if Jongin was in.” You say.

“Yes, but he is in a class right now. I can leave him a message for you.”

“No, it’s fine.” You decline and hang up. You are not about to ask him this over the phone.

-

“Ma’am, you can’t interr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter