01: Tasks

assassins | bts x red velvet

 

+

 

Seulgi had the same job every day, to protect and to guard. Although she was not sure how she was called an assassin when she was not dispatched at once.

 

But today was rather different. Yang Hyunseuk called her to inform her the new mission, and she has not done anything like this since. A new day to start tomorrow.

 

The doorknob was cold and she can feel the chills going from her hand to her body. Seulgi twisted the door open as an enormous room showed before her eyes. The white-painted walls were so simple yet the huge windows behind Hyunseuk's table exposed an ethereal array outside. It made his office look exquisite. Sculptures standing at the corner of the spacious room enhanced the splendor of the room.

 

It was simply breathtaking.

 

The old man in tux handed her a brown long envelope which seems to contain a lot of information. Her intuition says she needs to be careful with it.

 

"I bet you're bored every day so I felt like I need to give you something unfamiliar," Hyunseuk grinned.

 

"Who will guard the mission control and the whole Aquila now?" She asked as she accepted the documents and holding it as if her life depends on it.

 

He fixed his cuffs and heaved a deep breath, "You're not the only agent here, Seulgi. And Aquila is not in charge of guarding the whole country, we kill. It's The Lambs who needs to take care of that ."

 

Seulgi scrunched her face, asking, "Then why was that my job?"

 

Hyunseuk shrugged, leaning back to the swivel chair, "Eh... I thought you're of no good use. I was actually thinking of sending you to The Lambs."

 

It was shocking for her to hear she doesn't have any worth, the brown-haired girl scoffed at his statement, "I hope you're joking," she stood up, preparing to leave, "Did you actually forgot I can read minds? Anyways, I'm off completing this s. Adios!"

 

+

 

"What do you think will happen now?" Splashes of water from the man's footsteps were heard. Dull clouds filled the whole gloomy atmosphere and people were sleeping in their own respective beds.

 

Deep exhales resounded across. A girl which seems to be in her 20s was almost close to fainting. With a man which also seem to be in his 20s tried to keep up with the girl but he's also dead tired.

 

"Can you let me go home now, Wendy?"

 

"I told you I can't. I don't have the strength."

 

The man stopped walking as he ran his hand across his black hair which suits his white complexion. Also standing up straight to express the disappointment to Wendy, "Why would you even call me at this rate?"

 

"I don't have a friend to talk to," it sounded pathetic. The pitiful Wendy continued walking without minding anything and anyone around her. She was soaking wet from the rain. Her denim blue hair lost its hue and became a faded blue hair. Her body seems so frail and she looked like she was ready to faint, "You are my only friend, Jin."

 

"Who would want to be friends with a spirit?" He heaved a sigh as he looked at her. Jin continued walking with her and watched out for her until night.

 

+

 

Min Yoongi would not sleep. He could not sleep for some reason. And he absolutely hate it when insomnia strikes at this wrong time. He was tired from searching. Yoongi needs himself to rest but insomnia, as usual, won't let that happen. 

 

After battling with the struggles from sleeping, the blonde-haired guy decided to have a cup of tea-- to start his day early. And to start his task. 

 

The man took a glance to his black expensive watch, time is always needed when doing his job. 

 

His house is huge.  It's more like a mansion but Yoongi like it to call his "house." Black and white is the motif of the house. The interior is simple though most of his stuff are too expensive for one's own liking. 

 

However, living alone in there seems off-fitting. It was lonely.

 

A sudden knock on the door surprised Yoongi. All eyes wide open and his already pale complexion became more pale after hearing a single sound from the outside.

 

"How in the world-"

 

Yoongi could not finish his sentence after another same sound resonated. He went towards the door in his toes. And in this moment, he was like a burglar in his own home. 

 

As he twisted the door open, a young maiden appeared outside. She was soaking wet and her ombre blue hair was a mess. 

 

Albeit to her dirty aplearance, she managed to smile sweetly and bowed at him, "Hello. . . Whatever your name is. I was outside for the past 2 hours and it was raining since. I hope you would consider me inside your gorgeus house and let me stay just for one night. . ." 

 

The man could not move seeing a girl begging to come in to his house. It was unusual. She is unusual.

 

"Uhm-- oh, by the way, my name is Wendy Son. Nice to meet you!" She extended her arms and opened her palms, a handshake.

 

Yoongi could not move still. She did not know where was she trying to enter. Especially into the house of the Angel of Death. 

 

+

 

Irene stayed up all night to study her target's unclear and vague photos. Somehow, the guy managed to evade their company's top hackers- he must be skilled or he has a companion of the same or higher skill. Besides these obvious hypotheses, Irene could not find helpful clues on her pursuit.

 

His pictures didn't help. Nonchalance in each and every image. He's too normal! Almost as if Mr. Soo Man got the wrong person. Looking at these mundanities almost bored her to death, but a job is a job, especially one that she loved.

 

It took her a long time, but, in this pile of bulls and boredom, she finally found a clue.

 

His University.

 

It felt like she was finding a karat of gold in a pile of , almost impossible, but, apparently, not for her. She grabbed her suitcase, embedded inside were different kinds of guns, piles of ammunition, and stocks of gadgets she barely could use because of lack of any fun on her previous jobs. Among these cut-edge devices, only one was needed.

 

Her phone, her precious phone. Every single information, necessary contacts, every drop of her job's essence encased in one, small, handheld device. Irene made sure to tap her own private network as she searched the university, the student body, their schedule, any and all of its data, saved in her phone.

 

She rose up, hands caressing her purple-tinted locks. Bae Joohyun smirked, a nice, and slow smirk, both an assurance and arrogance. Mr. Soo Man might've said that it will be too hard, but she knew for sure.

 

"I've got this," was all she got to say as everything stopped. Everything besides her and her sewing machine, besides her phone hacking the school's database.

 

Tomorrow, there would be one more student. A student of elegant strides and assassin's heart. Kim Taehyung should better be ready, because his life was about to sink in her hands.

 

+

 

 

Wendy and Yoongi's story concept is different but they did have the connection with the main characters.