Arc 01: Prelude - Assassin's Heart

assassins | bts x red velvet

 

With a cute little grin beaming on her face, the purple-haired girl cleaned the pistol grasped on her palm. The woman made sure there was no dirt remained as she will be finishing this briskly and precisely.

 

The fine girl hid her gun as soon as the knock resounded throughout. Together with a sweet simper plastered on her face, she opened the door. A man in his formal suit appeared—his deer-like eyes, tiny nose, fetching lips and his pale skin made him look like a juvenile. How poor because this prepossessing man will be soon soaking in his own blood.

 

The man looked as if he was startled but then began to interrogate her—which Irene hated, "I don't remember having any meeting with anyone. What's the matter?"

 

Unbeknown to the poor guy, although Irene needed to take this slow, was aching to uncover her gun and pull the trigger without showing any humane feelings.

 

"Miss?" The lad interrupted Irene's depraved thoughts, "I think if you have no intentions on meeting with me, please do leave—"

 

"No, I actually have things to discuss also. And I really do informed your secretary to meet with you. Sorry if I disturbed you or something—"

 

"No, it's actually okay. Come and sit," he rudely interfered Irene, whereas Irene covertly rolled her eyes.

 

That's okay. He will be dead in a few minutes. Keep your calm, Irene remarked.

 

-

 

There were busy murmurs around the building and people started gushing around the building. Seulgi on the other hand, was busy devouring her food when a blonde-haired girl slammed the door of her room. Panting heavily, she uttered, "Yang Hyun Suk is calling you."

 

Seulgi grimaced at the sight of her weary friend. While still chewing the bread, she asked the dead beat girl, "Why do you look like you've been running for hours now?"

 

"Because I've been searching for you and Mr. Yang wouldn't leave me alone," her breathes could be heard between every words. And a hint of sarcasm was present in the tired girl's tone, "And you're just here, guzzling out your food."

 

"Food always comes first, Lisa," she stood up as she finished the last bite of her bread. She grabbed the comb and brushed her sleek brown hair, preparing to meet with Mr. Yang, "By the way, what do that old man needs again?"

 

"I would say the reason if I know. But he just needs you to come there."

 

Seulgi nodded her head and picked up her bag. She waved Lisa a good bye and proceeded to Hyun Suk's office.

 

-

 

Like what Lee Soo Man had anticipated, Irene have returned, all smiles while holding a black suitecase full of money she stole from the man earlier, "Mission cleared," she declared as she laid the bag in front of smirking Soo Man.

 

"As expected," the old man said in a low voice.

 

"So..." the impatient girl tapped her feet, itching to leave out of her head master's office, "Can I go home now?"

 

The baffled man lifted his head and glanced at her, who seems to be really in a hurry, "I'm sorry to say but not yet," he sniggered, "I will give another—just the last one—task and after you complete this, I'll let you rest for a long time."

 

"That doesn't seem bad. So yeah, what's the last assignment?" The woman raised her eyebrows in anticipation as she watched Soo Man's next move.

 

"Find that person and bring him to me."

 

As she reached out for the document the other one gave her, his eyes gleamed in both expectation and excitement. With another tedious look on her face, she stared at the papers to scrutinize it.

 

Name: Taehyung Kim / Terrence Kim

 

Age: 21 years old

 

"This is it?" Her eyes glowered in confusion, "How can you expect me to search him? Am I supposed to find his address in his name? Or am I supposed to decode this number '21'?" The purple-headed girl remarked in mockery.

 

"Well, that's the only thing we can obtain from him."

 

As if she was jeering, Irene guffawed at him, "Then what use are the hackers in our company? Should I fire them for not doing their job?"

 

"That's why I gave this task to you. With all the technologies you have in your home, I think you can work with that—"

 

"Alone?"

 

"What? Do you need partner?"

 

"Obviously?" she scoffed.

 

Lee Soo Man sighed in frustration, "Fine."

 

"I want to meet my partner tomorrow. You'll give me a co-worker, or else I'm not doing these mission," and with that closing statement, Irene left the room.