02: Victims

assassins | bts x red velvet

 

Seulgi stayed up all night reading the documents Hyunseuk gave her. She was giving her best. She had to. It was already midnight and she was still fully-concious and alive. 

 

On her desk was a messy compilation of her personal things, and her documents from Aquila. Her wide room was all darkness except from the light that was coming from the lamp that Seulgi had at the edge of her table. 

 

She played with the swivel chair she was sitting on as she read the papers over and over again. She adjusted the eyeglass she was wearing and looked intently to her target's pictures.

 

The picture was blurry and it was taken without the victim's knowing. He was facing sideways in the first picture. The second picture was him talking to someone. Compared to the first one, his features were seen clearly in the second picture. There came out lots of photos of him and Seulgi considered it as a blessing for her. 

 

If she would to describe him, he was very luxurious. Elegance and grace were flowing right from him. His aura was warm yet cold. He has such a stronger features. A chiseled jaw, gorgeus lips, and all. 

 

As she looked at his name, it says, Kim Namjoon.

 

"Such a beautiful name," she murmured to herself, "Too bad he's an enemy,"as she shook her head in disappointment, she stood up to get her things done. 

 

Her desk was still messy but she kept it that way. Seulgi is a very disorganized person. Her appartment was fuzzy. People who got inside her appartment all asked her if she could still sleep at that state. Seulgi find it uncomfortable, either, but she is too lazy to even clean up. She kept on saying she will clean it but done nothing anyway. 

 

It was a waste, given that her appartment was one of the best and she pays higher amount of money more than her neighbours. It was a modern-looking home but she would not take care of it.

 

It's probably why Seulgi often lose things. She is a clumsy one, who kept on forgetting things she should not forget. Quite ironic because the brunette has a mind power yet forgets things easily.

 

As she gets ready to sleep, a sudden text message surprised her. It was from both Lisa and Hyunseuk.

 

Hyunseuk: Come to the mission control, right now.

 

Lisa: Something happened, Seulgi. Come to the mission control. Hurry up.

 

-

 

Seulgi, after receiving the message, quickly ran to the building without readying up. When Hyunseuk tells her to go to there, there must be something wrong on there. 

 

Especially when one of the agents were injured when doing a mission.

 

Even though, she is already an official agent from Aquila, she still trains things like healing. Natural healers were much more stronger and has an effective way of curing people. Being Tiffany as her mentor for healing training, Seulgi's healing ability has greatly improved throughout the years of her training.

 

These years, natural healers were gone missing. And Aquila lacked healers since then. There's only one solution. Since healing can be learned from the natural healers, they make the agents train this. 

 

Maybe that is why they called her up. To help out the doctors of the agency. Someone must be in danger again. That is likely to happen.

 

Seulgi quickly ran inside as the rushing nurse greeted her. They were carrying a woman in her 20s. She has gunshots in her stomach and heart part. 

 

Whilst running, she met Hyunseuk and Lisa. Hyunseuk hurrily gestured her to help the doctors. It was not that long when another set of nurses and another victim came. It was now a complete mess.

 

As she ran to the emergency room, she saw Choi Sooyoung preparing the things needed for the operation. Seulgi left her bag outside and quickly put on the coat and gloves. 

 

Sooyoung glanced over her and gave her a quick smile. She gestured her to come inside the room, in which she did shortly. 

 

It was all white inside the room. At the center lies the victim's body. The brunette took a quick peek at the victim's face. 

 

Shock was written all over the brunette's face. It was one of her friends and colleaguemates. Jeon Somin.

 

Sooyoung came with the tools to use later. She placed the cart beside Seulgi's, so she can easily hand her the tools when she needed it.

 

There is no time to waste. They began the surgery now.

 

-

"The 'Jeon' siblings were stabbed and shot. Jeon Somin being stabbed in the stomach and being shot at her chest. Jeon Jiwoo was stabbed and shot both in her chest part," Hwang Tiffany looked at the paper she was holding in. It was the report of Jeon's attempted murder. Her main job, being the head of the doctors, was to report the health status of an agent when someone got injured, wounded or anything else that harms his agents. It was tiring, but the head should be updated about their healthiness.

 

Tiffany had been too familiarized with this place. Almost every three or four weeks, someone would be rushed in the hospital and she had to check them all out. Take note of the progress since they got into an accident and such. Provide them medicines and theraphies.

 

For the past two years, Hyunseuk never changed the designs of his office. White walls, big windows, simple tables and statues and other decorations. But these simple things made his office looks so expensive.

 

"As of now, Dr. Choi, Dr. Kim and Seulgi managed to save the Jeons. But Lee Taeyong was taken in ICU because of its deep wounds on his head, his torso and his legs. The curlprit wasn't satisfied by this and he, perhaps she, made him drink a poisonous drug. Shortly, after Jeon's surgery..." as Tiffany flipped the page to another, Hyunseuk heaved a deep long sigh, "Two more people were rushed in. These people are Im Nayeon and Hirai Momo. And Dr. Kim and Dr. Choi had to occupy another surgery."

 

Coincidentally, Hyunseuk dispatched these five at the same time to look for the people who kidnap and kill both children and adults. And to his unfortunate, all five of them were rushed in the hospital, also at the same time. 

 

"By the way, Seulgi voluntereed herself to help Dr. Choi for her operation to Ms. Im."

 

Seulgi, although she has a little bit of attitude, was a kind girl. That is why Hyunseuk protects her at all cost. They've been together for a long time since Seulgi lost her family and he already treated Seulgi like his own daughter. Because same as Seulgi, Hyunseuk also lost his family. He cannot afford to lose Seulgi. That is why he is hesitant to dispatch Seulgi to any tasks Because he know, just like the other's state, it will happen to Seulgi if in case, he would need Seulgi to do a certain mission.

 

And now, the time has come where he needed to let go of Seulgi and let her do the things she should do as an Aquila's agent and assassin. Though, he is scared, he wants Seulgi to experience these things. And he knows it bored her to death just guarding some people.

 

Tiffany excused herself to go out. She needed to take care of the things. Especially when she has to check and take care of them all five.

 

One thing Hyunseuk was sure of was that the one who harmed his agents were from the other side of government. Might it be the Divine, Silence or the Bond. Either can harm. 

 

-

 

After work, Irene has a routine on which she would visit the company's training site. After Irene became a successful assassin, her sister, Kim Yerim, wanted to follow her steps. She decided to train these past few months ago. 

 

Yerim, or as Irene calls her, Yeri, would ask for her skilled sister to teach her how to do kicks and turns but she would not. She wanted her little sister to learn on her own. Because that's what she did when she was too young to even fight. She wanted her to acquire the skills of an assassin through her own effort and deeds. 

 

The training site was a dark vast room, very much like an abandoned place, but with the equipments-punching bags, treadmills, and other gym stuff- organized in it. As Irene entered the room, careful that someone might be surprised, she saw Yeri throwing punches to the punching bag. Jaehyun, her personal mentor, watched her in silence. 

 

"Your sister was just like you, huh?" Irene jumped from shock when someone patted her shoulder, "I guess, it's just pure genetics?"

 

"You scared me, Kim Junmyeon," Kim Junmyeon. He came from the Silence-- Divine's affiliates.

 

South Korean people might or might not know it, but there has always been two sides of government. The anti and pro. The one who opposes the president's ways of leading the country. And that's where they belong. It is a wicked thing to do. But as Sooman said, 'That's how you obtain a peace. By violence.'

 

Their organization were divided by three. Divine, in which assassins and gunmans came from. Silence, this consists agents and spies. Divine's affiliates.The Bond, a group of scientists who discovers dark things unbeknownst to the man.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

Junmyeon shrugged and smiled at her, "To see you?" he said playfully. 

 

Irene scoffed at his statement. He has always been like that. Sending her romantic punchlines and gestures. She would not mind it, anyway. But somehow, the girl felt that he had some affection towards her. It was not impossible for him to like her. 

 

"Why am I friends with you?" she rolled her eyes, glancing towards Yeri's side, Irene heard Junmyeon's laugh. 

 

Jaehyun shouted at Yeri. Making the two divert their attention towards them, "The kick's too weak! You will die in your first task if you keep it like that!" She stopped attacking and breathed out. 

 

The lady observing in silence crossed her arms. It was good, she thought, But it wasn't good enough. 

 

Yerim tried keeping up her pace. She threw a bigger and more forceful punch. She did not mind if blood was spurting out her fist. It happened to her everyday.

 

"You only have 30 seconds left to train," Jaehyun shouted once again.

 

As the mentor counted from 30 to 0, he blew the whistle that made Yerim stop. Once again, the dead-bat girl threw herself on the floor and panted heavilly. 

 

"Today was a good B for you. It was good, but not up to my standards. Practice more."

 

Irene smirked and walked towards Yeri and Jaehyun. As she threw a hard punch on the bag, she tapped Yeri by her foot, "B was terrible. I want at least an S or SS. You don't give me that kind of grade," she helped Yeri to stand up. Trace of blood were left by touching Yerim's hand.

 

"I was exhausted since morning," she muttered under her breath. 

 

"You have alwyas given me an S, SS, and A. This is the last stage of your training. Don't act lousy now."

 

They started walking off of the site, with Junmyeon trailing off just behind. 

 

"How's the task?" Irene asked.

 

"Mission done on the Jeon siblings. Not sure about the three but we can proceed to the next step now."

 

-

 

Uhm so first of all, I do have a little knowledge of how the insides of the government works. I tried making it as realistic as possible but I don't think it'll work. So I kind of change how the government works here in the stories and s like that. My way of writing also kind'a so please bear with this. 

 

The settings of the story is kinda messy so I'll try to put it up in the next chapter and explain everything I have to explain.

 

As much as I want to introduce Park Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Taehyung and Joy. There will come a right time where they would appear. Maybe sooner or later. 

 

And yeah. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

 

If you have feels, you are free to comment. I would definitely read it ^^