The Epilogue: I live miracle every day, just because you’re here with me

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six Years Later

“Mommeeeee!.... Seashells!” Giggling, two-years old Soonhyun running to her mother as fast as her chubby legs could do.  Smiling, her mother dropped her knees to catch the speedy toddler into her arms.

An exhausted looking Dongyoon followed her and plopped himself on a bean bag near by. His mother approached him and ruffled the four-year old boy’s hair in affection. “What’s up kiddo?” He looked at her and whispered in a conspirational tone, “I know now how to make her stop crying, Mommy.” His mother’s eyebrows furrowed, “How?” He pointed the seashells on the younger girl’s hand.

His mother shifted her head to the younger woman who had a bouncing Soonhyun in her hips and chuckled. “She has inherited your obsession, Hyun.” Her sister-in-law laughed.“Not I, Unnie, blame Kyu-Oppa.”

Then they heard someone coughed behind them. “Yeah, that’s Seohyun, Yoona. Always blame everything to me.” He tried to be seen as annoyed husband, but Kyuhyun’s eyes glinted fondly at his wife who was in return sticking out her tongue at him. Yoona shook her head and laughed.

Kyuhyun walked to his wife and daughter, stop at arm’s length and opened his arms. “Come here, Princess, you’re getting too heavy for Mommy.” The little girl shook her head and grabbed her mother’s blouse even tighter. “I want Mommeee....”Kyuhyun glanced at Seohyun who was only shrugged. Oh no, I am the man of the house here.

He bowed a bit to level his eyes with his daughter’s and then patted his knees. “You know there is your little brother inside Mommy’s tummy, right? “ Soonhyun nodded. “Mommy cannot be tired because she has to be healthy to carry your brother.” The toddler’s eyes widen. She looked at her mother’s tummy and then to her mother’s smiling face. “Okay.” She offered her small arms for her father to take. Kyuhyun let out the breath that he had been holding before and pulled his daughter into his arms. The little girl put her tiny hands on her father’s neck tightly while setting her head on the crook of his neck.

Yoona chuckled again. “She shook her head, but then she clings at him tightly. She is really your daughter, Hyunnie.” Kyuhyun smirked while Seohyun glared at him yet closing their gap and pecked on his lips softly. “It’s not only me who should be careful for not getting tired, Oppa. You too.” She brushed his cheek lovingly. “Don’t worry, she will be sleeping soon.” Kyuhyun pointed at the toddler whose eyelids were closed now while one of her thumbs.

All the adult were looking in awe at Soonhyun until Dongyoon tugged at his mother’s legging and proclaimed,“I am hungry.” Seohyun laughed triumphantly. “He’s definitely yours, Unnie.” Another laugh was heard from the door. “Yeah, now you know how I am getting weight.” Yoona shrugged but smiling. ‘It’s not my fault that I’m a shikshin. You should not eat as much, Oppa.”

Kyuhyun sneered. “Hyung, you eat like that even when we’re still toddler like them.” Donghae  elbowed him playfully, “You’re lucky I have Juhyoon in my hand, Kyu.” Then he walked to his wife and gave the baby to her. “Let’s trade. I’ll take Dongyoon with me to the hot dog stall.” The boy squealed happily and grabbed his father’s hand. Yoona glared at her husband. “Only one, Oppa. Not more. It’s already near his dinner time!” Laughing, Donghae pecked her lips and kissed his sleeping son’s forehead.

Seohyun nudged Kyuhyun who instantly turned his head at her. “No fast food for this boy.” She patted her tummy. He chuckled.

Six hours later, they bid goodbye to her brother’s family. While Juhyoon was sleeping peacefully in his mother’s arms, his father had to spend some time to drag Dongyoon to the car. Apparently the young boy was under the spell of his little cousin who seemed to have excess energy in her body. The two young children had been running, laughing, and tugging each other all around the slightly messed up living room.

Soonhyun who was also weilling in high-p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter