-- Chapter 28

Beyond His Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Zelo managed to keep his face as tight as ever. The fact that half of his face was hidden behind the mask, he felt at least a tad bit safe about it. He knew Mirae had no idea that Zelo and Junhong shared the same body and of course, fortunately Mirae didn’t know who was behind the mask. She recognized him from his eyes and his mask. He had the same mask he wore last time in the club when he came to save her from those bastards.

“Didn’t you erase her last time?” A deep voice spoke. Mirae’s eyes trailed towards the source of the voice. Himchan had his face covered too. In fact, all of them quickly pulled their masks up as soon as they realized there was another person there; a person that shouldn’t be looking at their current form. Although they knew she probably had caught a glimpse of their face, but still.

Zelo nodded a little. He knew he had erased her last time. That was what made him uncomfortable rather than shocked by the fact that Mirae could recognize her. Did their meetings trigger her memories? It was kind of impossible, but he had no answer to that. He guessed that Mirae’s memories were stronger than he thought.

“Hyung, you guys go ahead and settle the creature. I’ll catch on to you later” Zelo said sternly.

“Make sure you erase her, Zelo” Bang Yongguk sounded demanding than never. He had his arm over Himchan’s shoulder as the later helped the leader’s up before they jumped out of the sight in a blink of an eye. That made Mirae startled. But she knew better not to ask. They were not human after all as what she thought.

“We are human, we are just… special” Zelo said out of nowhere. He had read her thoughts on the boys.

“How did you-“ Mirae stopped in the middle of her sentences only because Zelo had cut her words.

“I can read your mind, Mirae. I told you, we’re special.”

They shared a long silence battle between them. Zelo had never fallen in love, but he couldn’t deny that the girl that was standing right in front of him was rather attractive in her own kind of way. He had seen her for countless of times already considering that he saved her once and he sometimes lurked around to see how she’s doing. At first it started as a protective side of Junhong, he was just lending a hand for the weak Junhong. But now he realized why he had been doing that. He fell in love with Junhong’s best friend even before Junhong realized his own feelings. It was complicated.

“Are you really a human?” Mirae asked for confirmation. Honestly, she was just curious.

He gave her a light nod.

“What kind of human?” She asked again.

“Just like other super hero in those comics, we save the world from-“ He stopped before he narrowed his eyes a little, continuing his sentence. “Why do I even care to explain? I’m going to erase you and you’re going to forget anyway” He shook his head in annoyance.

“So this is only it? I’m not going to remember you anymore?” Mirae looked down. Even though she was far away from knowing the guy in front of her, but she felt close to him. He made her feel comfortable in his own cold way.

“Its better that way” Honestly, he felt sorry for her and really, he wanted to get close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter