I .

the nomsgraphy: eat • travel • love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how did you two meet?” The girl who sat next to the other two guys asked. The audience’s eyes were focused on the two guys who were sitting on the stage, below the light, in front of four or more cameras.

Both of the guys glanced at each other then chuckled at the same time. They clasped their hands, intertwined their fingers with each other. The red-haired guy was the one who answered the question.

“It happened a very looong time ago. It’s all started when we were in kindergarten—”

 

Tae

I really hate him.

Taehyung clenched his hands into tight fists. He couldn’t stop staring at the little boy standing in front of the class—showing his bunny smile as he got the thousands of compliments from their teacher. He couldn’t understand how could he do everything so well when he just moved to their kindergarten a week ago. His teacher who usually showered him with praises now had been snatched by that little boy. I have to win against him, he said to himself.

Taehyung moved his little feet towards his teacher. He tugged the corner of her sweater, asking for attention. “Ms Jess, Taetae want a star too.” He pouted his lips, hands reaching out to the front.

She looked at the little Taehyung then she smiled. “Of course, you can.” She ruffled Taehyung’s hair softly then turned to the other kids. “Taetae did a good job, right? Can we give him a star?” she asked the other kids.

“Yes!” they answered at the same time. Taehyung’s lips quirked up into a smile. Ms Jess took out another star from her magic pouch. She moved to the star board, hands got closer to Taehyung’s star box when suddenly--

“That’s cheating!” A voice raised up in objection. They turned to where the voice came from. It was that little boy. That annoying little boy. “He lost, so he shouldn’t have got the same star as me,” he continued.

Taehyung darted a glare towards the little boy. He stomped his feet then stood up in front of him. “But, Ms Jess said I can!” He raised his voice a little, trying to scare him.

But it didn’t work. He ignored him completely. He walked passed Taehyung and then stood in front of Ms Jess, arms folded over his chest. “I won’t accept it. Never.” He insisted.

Ms Jess let out a sigh then she smiled at him. She patted his head lightly. “Jeonggukie, listen to me,” she said as she crouched down to be at the same eye level as the boy. “We have to appreciate other hard work, no matter what. Taetae did a good job, don’t you think?” she asked. Taehyung saw Jeongguk nodded. “Good. How about I give you another star so you will get two stars now?” Ms Jess smiled.

Jeongguk bit his nails, glancing at Taehyung before he looked away quickly. “Ok, I can give him one.” He sighed but finally still gave in.

“Good boy,” she praised Jeongguk, caressed his hazelnut hair gently. “Now, should we continue?” she asked.

“Yes!” The other kids raised their fists to the air and answered at the same time. They continued the game like nothing happened. All of them enjoyed the game—except one.

“Jiminie,” he called his best friend’s name who was sitting next to him, enjoying his lunchbox. The said turned his face to him and hummed with a mouth still full of his food. “I really hate him,” he declared.

Jimin gulped down his food slowly before he responded. “Why?” He sipped his juice before continued. “Why Taetae hate Jeonggukie so much?” he asked.

“He stole everything from me. My star, Ms Jess, and Jiminie too.” He looked down at his lunchbox, playing with his food as he pouted his lips.

“But Jiminie isn’t Taetae’s. Jiminie is mama and papa’s.” Jimin replied. “But Taetae is still the winner for jiminie. Don’t worry.” He put his arms around his best friend. “It’s ok to share the stars once, hm?” he said after he loosened his arms.

Taehyung sighed. “I still hate him,” he insisted as he glared at Jeongguk who was laughing with his other friends. I hate him.

◔◑◕⬤

Jeongguk

Jeongguk didn’t get why he kept getting the deadly glares from the hazelnut hair kid. He didn’t know why it felt like he hated him so much. Did I do something wrong to him? He asked that to himself repeatedly.

But no matter how many times he tried he couldn’t think any reason why that boy hated him. Like now, he could feel the glare from behind his back. He’s so weird, Jeongguk said.

Jeongguk watched the boy secretly. He never really talked with him, moreover did anything to him. He observed every details of the boy—brunette hair, tanned skin and thick eyebrows. He looked so handsome—even though not as handsome as himself because his mother said he and his brother were the most handsome boys—he was handsome enough to Jeongguk admit that he was.

“Jeonggukie,” someone called his name. Jeongguk turned around and found a blonde boy standing in front of him. “Do you want to be my friend?” He reached out his hand, waiting for Jeongguk to grasp it.

Jeongguk stared at the hand before he grasped it. He nodded shyly. “Hm, I’m Jeon Jeongguk.”

The boy lips slowly raised up into a big grin. “I’m Park Jimin.” He turned his face and then pointed the weird boy. “And that’s Kim Taehyung. But I call him Taetae and he calls me Jiminie.”

“B-but, I thought Taetae hates me?” Jeongguk was confused. “He always glared at me and got angry at me.”

Jimin shook his head quickly. “No! He doesn’t hate Jeonggukie,” he said. “He just didn’t want to share his stars with Jeonggukie,” he explained.

Star? Jeongguk lifted his chin up, staring at the board full of stars. “Ah.”

“Jeonggukie still want to be Taetae’s friend, right?” Jimin asked, hand already grabbed Jeongguk’s. “Let’s go to him and tell him.” He pulled Jeongguk with him, approaching Taehyung who was sitting alone, playing with the lego blocks.

Jeongguk could feel his heart was beating so fast as he moved closer to him. He couldn’t say anything when he saw Taehyung tilted his head up, staring at him with the eyes full of hates before looked away to see Jimin. “Jiminie, why did you bring him here?”

Jimin pouted. “But, Jiminie want Taetae and Jeonggukie be friends. Jiminie wants us to play together.” He looked down sulkily.

Taehyung looked uneasy but then he let out a long frustrated sigh. “Fine, he can. But Taetae still won’t talk to him.”

“Really?” Jimin’s face lit up then he jumped to hug Taehyung. “I love Taetae so much!” he said then he grabbed Jeongguk’s hand. “Let’s play together!”

Jeonggguk smiled thinly then hummed as response. He sat next Taehyung, stretching out his hand. “Let’s be friends, Taetae!” He grinned widely.

Taehyung still looked annoyed but then he grasped Jeongguk’s hand. “Whatever.” He quickly withdrew his hand and looked away, back focusing on his lego.

Jeongguk was fine. He smiled then still joined them to play with the lego blocks. He glanced at Taehyung who looked so focused on his blocks then he giggled all of sudden.

“Why are you laughing?” Taehyung asked coldly. His lips puckered into a pout.

Jeongguk shook his head. “Nothing.” He held back his laughs. He’s cute.

◔◑◕⬤

Tae

“I really hate him, mom!” he ranted his frustration out to his mother who was in the middle cooking for their dinner. He saw his mother’s back shaking with laughter. “I’m serious, mom! He’s so annoying!” He didn’t stop complaining. His mother chuckled in response.

“I get it, baby bear.” She tried to hold back her laughter.

“Mom, don’t laugh. Taetae is serious!” he complained at his mother.

“Okay, okay. I won’t laugh,” she said. “But do you really not want to be friends with him?” She walked towards the table, put down their dinner on the table.

Taehyung nodded confidently. His mother let out a gentle chuckle as she pulled out a chair across his son. “Tell me,” she propped her chin with his hands. “Is he handsome?”

“Well,” Taehyung tried to recall Jeongguk’s appearance. “He’s handsome and cute,” he answered.

“More than Taetae?” she asked again.

“Of course not!” he denied strongly. “Taetae still the cutest, then Jiminie.”

“What rank is he?” his mother asked once again.

“Third maybe,” Taehyung still answered all of his mother silly questions. He then realized something. “Mom! It’s not about how handsome he is. Taetae still hate him!”

She burst out laughing. “Okay, okay. I got it. Taetae hates him.” She stood up from her chair to ruffle his son’s hair. “But, you will like him someday, baby bear. Trust me,” she said before left Taehyung alone in their dining room.

No way. I will never like him.

Never.

◔◑◕⬤

Tae

Taehyung was so happy when he finally graduated from his kindergarten because that meant he wouldn’t meet Jeongguk anymore. And he heard somewhere that Jeongguk would move out from the city because of his dad’s work. And yes. Taehyung still hated Jeongguk but now he didn’t even know why he hated him. It just—every time he saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter