Chapter 1 - Realization

Hibiscus Syriacus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: kek i just realized after a full day of this being up i didnt write this beforehand

anyways hello !! this is one of my very first fanfics, so i apologize if it isnt exactly top notch~ im greatful for any pieces of advice you guys provide to help improve my story, and for your views and subscriptions as well. i hope you enjoy!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Spring 20XX. The start of a new year had begun for the students attending the Korean Arts High School. Trees colored a vibrant green as the bushes were blooming with tiny, thin-petaled pink flowers, birds were lively chirping as their wings flapped through the clear sky, and the bees had begun to pollinate as their delicate wings silently buzzed throughout the air. The school looked like it’d gone through some sort of rebirth, considering the fact that the display was nothing but branch when last year ended.

 

Students clamored, excited to catch up and regroup with friends they’d not seen in over a month. Peers were see running up to each other and giving each other bear hugs, screaming in joy. Almost everyone was seen with vibrant smiles and chit-chatting, with only a few looking grim and tired.

 

And part of that few was none other than Park Jimin.

 

“Ugh...It’s too early for this. Another school year means more assignments and work to do,” Jimin said, whining. “I need more sleep!” He clearly did though - his sleep schedule basically got completely flipped during break, and below his eyes were painted dark circles. A schedule of sleeping during the day and staying awake at night wasn’t a great combo when paired with school.

 

“Ah, complaining like you always do. it up crybaby!” Taehyung joked, nudging Jimin’s arm. “We’re third-years now anyways, so we’re almost done!”

 

Jimin smiled. Even though Tae’s words weren’t exactly comforting, they always managed to provide him encouragement and reassurement. He thought he was so lucky to have grown up with someone like Taehyung - they first met n their younger days, meaning that they fully understood the other and had someone they could trust fully. Despite bickering occasionally, Jimin and Taehyung still remained the best of friends.

 

“Maybe you’ll even find a girlfriend. How long are you going to stay single? I don’t think you’ve ever liked anyone, have you? Bora Song - I mean the Bora Song - confessed to you last year, and you rejected her!” Taehyung smirked. “She was so upset, really~ Remember that time when one of her friends-”

 

Jimin cut him off. The haunting memory was too fresh to remember, and it made him cringe. “Okay! I get it.” Taehyung was laughing at him as Jimin’s ears turned red. “Hey! Don’t laugh. I didn’t even know her that well, so it’d be shallow to say yes. Plus, I want to be with someone who I fully understand, and someone who fully understands me.”

 

“Wow! Look at you! Being all romantic. How cute.”

 

“Be quiet.”

 

“Ok, I will, Prince Charming. Now stop being grumpy so we can get to class without being late on the first day. The bell’s about to ring, slowpoke.”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes playfully. “Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The school bells had just rung, and class began in session. Classrooms started with traditional introductions, with each student taking turns announcing their name, grade, and an interesting fact about themselves. Taehyung said that he could do something both gross and funny, evoking laughter from his peers. Jimin smiled. He loved this goofy side of Taehyung. He liked not only that, but his bright smile, the way his hair flowed in the wind -

 

No, no, no. Jimin stopped his thoughts. Why was he thinking about him like this all of a sudden? He covered his face in embarrassment, hiding his blush from everyone else and trying to process why-

 

“Jimin!” The teacher called his name, startling him. He hit his knee below the desk, resulting in a quiet moan from the sudden pain. “Now that I’ve got your attention, please introduce yourself to the class.”

 

His blush deepened as he had realized what just happened, and he could see Taehyung laughing to himself from the other side of the room. Jimin was heated from embarrassment, and he wanted nothing but to crawl in a corner or walk out of the room.

 

He stood up, feeling the gaze of his classmates pierce right through him. He parted his lips hesitantly and begun to spoke. “Hello,” he said with an awkward smile. “My name is Park Jimin, and I’m a third year. I...uh…” Jimin glanced over at Taehyung, who was motioning for him to show off his fingers. “...have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter