03 | Fierce

Enigma | BTS | myg

▬▬▬▬▬ ◊ • ◊ • ◊ • ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬

She was on a journey that required her to be fierce. She was up for the task.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◊ • ◊ • ◊ • ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬

“CHOI BUSAJANG-NIM (VICE PRESIDENT) PAID SOMEONE breaks into Kim Nayoung-ssi’s house, stole Dixon Project’s report regarding the accident that happened 3 years ago,” Songhwan said as he followed Yoongi to his office.

“A few days after the accident which caused five workers admitted to a hospital, Hayes Walsh Inc.’s hwejang-nim (chairman), Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman) asked Kim hwejang-nim (chairman) for help,” Songhwan added and Yoongi listened with a frowned.

“Kim hwejang-nim (chairman) assigned Kim Nayoung-ssi to cooperate with Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman) without anyone knowing. Kim Nayoung-ssi personally went to the workers who need help and listened to their complaints.” Songhwan added.

“No wonder problems were solved immediately. Interesting.” Yoongi mumbled as he sat on his chair.

“After listening to the problems, Kim Nayoung-ssi suggested Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman) re-arrange the sub-contractors for this project. Remove and add a few companies.” Songhwan informed.

“So that’s the reason why we were added to this project? To avoid things happened again?” Yoongi asked as he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. It was dark, darker than the night but brighter than his heart.

“Yes, sajang-nim (president). But because of that Kim Nayoung-ssi secretly received harassments from those companies who knew about her actions.” Songhwan said.

“Secretly you said? So it happened without anyone knowing?” Yoongi glanced at Songhwan and his assistant nodded.

“Only her assistant and her bodyguards knew about the harassments. Just them.” Songhwan answered.

“And she did nothing?” Yoongi’s eyebrows arched in surprise.

“Kim Nayoung-ssi did nothing if she’s the one who received the harassments.” Songhwan stopped when Yoongi looked at him coldly.

“But when her assistant was ually harassed, the harasser resigned immediately. They resigned voluntarily.” Songhwan added and Yoongi’s expression changed.

“Which company?” Yoongi asked with his eyes pierced to Songhwan’s face waiting for an answer and his assistant gulped.

“The harassers were paid by Hale West Co.’s busajang-nim (vice president), Choi busajang-nim (vice director). Harassments were meant as a warning for Kim Nayoung-ssi to back away from the project.” Songhwan answered and Yoongi clenched his teeth, fighting waves of anger.

“What about Park Naeun?” Yoongi asked coldly and he spun his chair facing the bookshelf behind him.

“From what I gathered, Kim Nayoung-ssi’s assistant nearly got sold by Park Naeun-ssi to a mafia as a e,” Songhwan said as he placed a black file on Yoongi’s table.

“It all happened nearly 6 years ago, sir. But Park Naeun-ssi’s attempted failed.” Songhwan added.

“Because Nayoung saved that girl and took the girl as her assistant.” Yoongi guessed.

“Yes, sajang-nim (president). From the information I received, her bodyguards also had different issues but Kim Nayoung-ssi personally helped them.” Songhwan said and Yoongi spun back around, stared at Songhwan then down to the black file on his desk.

“Speak. Give me the details.” Yoongi said as he opened the file. He frowned as he read the information written about Naeun and the mafia involved.

“Ahn Sohyuk-ssi was once Kim hwejang-nim (chairman)’s bodyguard but he was dismissed by his team leader without a specific reason. Then, Kim Nayoung-ssi offered him to work as her bodyguard right after he was dismissed.” Songhwan said as his eyes read the report written inside his brown book.

“Months later, Im Minho-ssi was saved by Kim Nayoung-ssi when he has beaten half death. He worked as Kim Nayoung-ssi’s bodyguard a month after that accident.” Songhwan added.

“I want you to send someone to follow Jiseok and Naeun. Keep an eye on them and wait for my instruction.” Yoongi said as he closed the file in front of him.

“Yes, sajang-nim (president).” Songhwan nodded. Yoongi stood from his chair and walked to the door.

“Sajang-nim (president), tonight you have a dinner date with Choi busajang-nim (vice president)’s ttal (daughter), 8 o’clock at… Owen Hotel.” Songhwan said nervously and his breath hitched when Yoongi stopped his track, right before the door.

“Do you want me to c-change the venue, s-sajang-nim (president)?” Songhwan stuttered.

Songhwan knew Yoongi had been avoiding coming to Owen Hotel after that incident night. If a meeting was held there, he’ll change the meeting place or send someone as his representative.

“No need. Stick with the original place.” Yoongi said coldly before he walked out of his office.

Nayoung walked into Mr. Jeon’s office room and followed by Jongsuk, her assistant for work related to her father’s company.

After Soohee was harassed, Nayoung asked her father to assign someone else as her assistant when she had to handle everything related to Maxwell Reed Inc. and his father assigned one of the best assistants from his company, Song Jongsuk.

“Have a seat, Nayoung-ah.” Mr. Jeon said as soon as Nayoung entered his room. Nayoung sat across Mr. Jeon with a small smile on her face.

“It’s a great honor for me to work with you again, Nayoung-ah.” Mr. Jeon beamed with pleasure.

“I’m the one who should say that, Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman). I am so lucky to get a chance to participate in this amazing project.” Nayoung said softly.

“Stop calling me that, Nayoung-ah. I’ve told you before. Just call me uncle.” Mr. Jeon frowned at her.

“I’m afraid I can’t. I’m not allowed to call anyone from higher-ranking like that, remember?” Nayoung chuckled.

“Yeah, I forgot about Blake’s descendants’ strict rules.” Mr. Jeon rolled his eyes.

“Then just call me Mr. Jeon instead when you’re with me, okay? I prefer you to call me that.” Mr. Jeon said and Nayoung nodded with a smile.

“Your father’s company is one of the best companies in this industry and even though I’ve known him since we were young, it’s kind of hard to work with his company.” Mr. Jeon chuckled as he shook his head.

“Regarding this project, I chose three companies to lead this project and your father’s company is one of them. So if they have any opinions or decisions, they have to discuss it together and tell me the final decision.” Mr. Jeon said and Nayoung nodded understands.

“And I’m going to need you to talk to the workers to find out if they are abused by their company, just like my previous project.” Mr. Jeon added.

“I’ll be glad to help you, Mr. Jeon but there’s something that has been bothering me. Why don’t they get their right as a worker? Every company has its HR team and it should be no problem.” Nayoung raised her eyebrows.

“Most of the contractor companies play with money, Nayoung-ah. If the worker wants to quit, the workers will be physically beaten or mentally abused.” Mr. Jeon sighed. He looked up when Nayoung gave no response and chuckled seeing her widened eyes.

“No worries, Nayoung-ah. Your father’s company is clean. His company is listed in the top 3 companies for more than a decade for reasons. All three companies have clean records. Their workers get treated as they deserved.” Mr. Jeon smiled.

Nayoung glanced at Jongsuk who sat on the sofa at the corner of Mr. Jeon’s office. He was on his phone while his hand was busy taking notes. She looked at him for seconds and then back at Mr. Jeon.

“Can I know the person who was sent by their company to be in charge of this project?” Nayoung asked politely.

“Sure.” Mr. Jeon nodded as he pulled out a blue file from his drawer and slid the file over the table. She opened the file and read the name listed for every company.

“Blue means they’re assigned by their company to be in charge of the site only. Red if they represent their company for any meeting only. Lastly, black is for someone who is in charge of the site and attend the meeting themselves.” Mr. Jeon explained.

Nayoung nodded while her eyes locked to the paper in her hand. She frowned when her eyes come across three names.

“Why would the sajang-nim (president) of Knight Riley Inc. and King Morton Inc. name themselves as the person in charge of the site too? Cause they never name themselves for meeting and site.” Nayoung frowned.

“They always attend the meeting only then they would send someone else to handle the site. They usually won’t handle the site by themselves. But in this project, they handle both. Why?” Nayoung asked curiously as she showed the two names to Mr. Jeon.

“It is because they heard that some of the sub-contractor companies are the same problematic companies from the previous scandalous project I managed.” Mr. Jeon chuckled and Nayoung looked at him as he mentions Dixon Project issues.

“Then why did you still list those problematic companies in your project after what they did?” Nayoung asked as her eyes locked to a name listed in one of the sub-contractors.

Nayoung looked up at Mr. Jeon and waited for his answer. She looked calm like she always did but he knew that she’s not going to agree with what he was about to say.

“Well, I want to see what they are going to do after this since I put together the 3 powerful companies to lead this project. And with you being the special HR, they won’t dare to do the same mistake like before. It’s like a warning to them.” Mr. Jeon explained as he watched Nayoung’s calm face.

“Do they know this?” Nayoung asked as her eyes locked to a name listed in the sub-contractor.

“I just give them the list of the companies involved along with the representative names. Even these two companies didn’t know that you are involved in this project.” Mr. Jeon said as his index finger tapped on Knight Riley Inc. and King Morton Inc.’s chairman names.

“As you can see from the list, each of the company has the representative name stated under their company’s name. For your father’s company, I just left it blank.” He added.

“But I plan on giving the new name list with your name in it. I will mention your name as the special HR in today’s meeting too. I know they’ll try to push you down but I believe in your ability.” Mr. Jeon smiled at Nayoung.

“Thank you, Mr. Jeon.” Nayoung thanked him and she smiled back at him.

His office door was knocked and a woman dressed in formal attire came in. She bowed to Mr. Jeon and Nayoung before she walked near them.

“Hwejang-nim (chairman), the meeting will start in 5 minutes. All of the company representatives have arrived.” The woman said.

“That’s our cue. Let’s go, Nayoung-ah.” Mr. Jeon stood from his chair and Nayoung followed him. They walked to the meeting room and behind them was Jongsuk and Mr. Jeon’s secretary.

Whispering could be heard from outside of the meeting room. Her father’s company’s name was mentioned under their whispers.

As soon as Mr. Jeon and Nayoung entered the meeting room, gasped was filling the room. Nayoung looked at the faces in the room and she mentally smirked. Some were amazed, some were angry, some were afraid and some were in disbelief.

Nayoung scanned the rectangle table in front of her where the entire representatives proudly sat. Two pairs of eyes glued to her, one of them looked amazed while the other one is full of hates.

She looked at her seat and she stunned as her eyes landed on the firm body next to her seat. She took a deep breath and walked to her seat. Nayoung pulled a chair that was labeled with Maxwell Reed Inc. and sat. Jongsuk placed a file in front of Nayoung before he sat on a chair behind her.

“I don’t want to waste your time with a long speech. All the details are written in your contract. The document you just received is a full list of a company’s representative.” Mr. Jeon said as his staff placed a document in front of each representative.

“As you can see there are 3 colors in the document.” Mr. Jeon said as he pointed at a list of names showed on the projector screen behind him.

“Blue is for a person assigned for the site, red is for meeting representative and black is for someone who is in charged for both.” Mr. Jeon explained.

“If you look at the last page, you will see a name I assigned as special HR for this project.” Mr. Jeon added as he looked straight at the problematic company representatives.

All the representatives looked at each other before they flipped the document to the last page. Muttered could be heard in the room. Some were nodded in approval and some frowned in disapproval.

 

Crawford Project Special HR: Ms. Kim Nayoung (Maxwell Reed Inc.)

1. Special HR was agreed to be included in Crawford Project after a discussion between the boards of Hayes Walsh Inc. and Mr. Jeon Byunmin (Chairman of Hayes Walsh Inc.)

2. Permission is asked personally to Mr. Kim Namhyuk (Chairman of Maxwell Reed Inc.) and the boards of Maxwell Reed Inc. by Mr. Jeon Byunmin

3. The agreement signed by Mr. Kim Namhyuk, Mr. Jeon Byunmin, and Ms. Kim Nayoung is witnessed by the boards from both companies

 

Nayoung mentally sighed as she read the information written on the last page. She knew she won’t be accepted by some of the sub-contractor and some of them might be brave enough to voice out their opinion.

“I’m opposed to this!” Someone from the table shouted.

‘Speak of the devil.’ Nayoung mentally smirked. She didn’t need to glance at the person to know their identity. She knew that person. She knew him very well.

“What’s wrong with her being the special HR?” A voice said in annoyance and Nayoung looked at the person sat across her.

‘Wow, Jisoo’s future husband quite brave here.’ Nayoung stared at the man sat across her in amazed.

“I’m fine with Kim Nayoung-ssi assigned as the special HR. Those cases won’t happen again.” The person sat across her smirked to the person who shouted.

“Thank you, Min Yoonho-ssi.” Mr. Jeon said calmly to the person sat across Nayoung before Mr. Jeon turned to the person who sat near the end of the table.

“May I know why you opposed this decision, Choi Jiseok-ssi?” Mr. Jeon asked as he kept his eyes on Jiseok who looked at her in rage.

“Every company has its HR, Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman). We don’t need another HR t-” Jiseok stopped when Mr. Jeon, Yoonho, Jongsuk, and a man sat next to Nayoung glared at him.

“Choi Jiseok-ssi, read it carefully. It is already stated that Nayoung-ssi will be Crawford Project Special HR. So she will take care of the workers who involved in this project. Understood?” Mr. Jeon said with a stern voice and Jiseok scoffed as he sat back to his chair.

Mr. Jeon turned to Nayoung and nodded to her before he sat on his chair. Nayoung stood up from her seat and looked at the entire representative who had various expressions.

Jongsuk placed a document in front of her before giving a copy of the document he prepared to other representatives. As the last document was given, Nayoung thanked him. He bowed slightly to Nayoung before he walked back to his seat.

“First of all, I want to thank Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman) for giving me this chance to voice out my concern regarding the workers’ rights. From what I have investigated, 99% of the problems reported by the workers to their HR didn’t reach the SHARP Department.” Nayoung said as the projector screen showed the statistics of reported issues.

“As you can see, only 1% was reported and those are made by the workers themselves. They went directly to the SHARP Department and voiced out their problems. But 0.7% from 1% was taken down by their company a day after that.” Nayoung looked over the sub-contractor representatives.

“Those companies even dragged their workers to convince SHARP Department that their problems are solved,” Nayoung said calmly. As usual, she had her trademark sweet smile on her calm face but her heart was burning from anger.

“Another 0.3% is from the workers who won’t take down their reports and some of them are the five workers that were admitted to the hospital 3 years ago,” Nayoung added and her eyes glanced at Jiseok who kept shifting in his seat.

“Any questions?” Aria asked.

“I appreciate those details, Kim Nayoung-ssi but I still can’t accept you as the HR of this project. Your name was not stated as the special HR in the original contract. Every decision has to be included in the contract we signed.” A voice said and Nayoung turned to the person.

“Ahn eessa-nim (director), you as a director and the one who signed that contract, you should read the contract carefully. On page 26, under project rules and conditions, it is already stated that special HR is included in this project.” Nayoung said calmly.

“But your name wasn’t stated in this contract!” Mr. Ahn yelled.

“Are the other projects from other companies ever state any details? They don’t even bother to state who involve in the project.” A man sat next to Nayoung said. Nayoung glanced at the man who already had his eyes on her.

“Min sajang-nim (president), you as one of the respected companies should be more understanding about what I’m saying now.” Mr. Ahn said to the man next to Nayoung who still had his eyes on Nayoung. Seconds later the man turned to Mr. Ahn.

“I understand. I quite understand Jeon hwejang-nim (chairman)’s purpose. I also don’t want the same problematic cases repeated especially in the project I involved.” The man said coldly.

“I agree with Yoongi-ssi. With Kim Nayoung-ssi here, I believe the project will be running smoothly and become safer to get involved.” Yoonho smirked at Mr. Ahn.

“Rules are stated that none of the outsiders can get involved if they’re not official management of the company. So, Kim Nayoung-ssi can’t get involved in this project.” Jiseok said with a proud face.

Nayoung looked at Jiseok’s smirking face and Yoongi looked coldly at him. Mr. Jeon, Yoonho, and Jongsuk looked at Jiseok in confusion.

“She’s not a part of Maxwell Reed Inc. to handle this project. Even though she’s a daughter of Maxwell Reed Inc.’s chairman, she is still considered as an outsider when it comes to Kim hwejang-nim (chairman)’s company.” Jiseok smirked. 90% of the sub-contractor representatives nodded their heads in agrees.

Everyone turned to Nayoung to see her response. Yoongi and Yoonho looked at Nayoung’s calm face. Mr. Jeon smirked and Jongsuk covered his mouth with his hand to cover his chuckle.

“As everyone knows, Maxwell Reed Inc. is very secretive in handling confidential reports or issues. I knew that this will be a reason to blacklist me. With Kim hwejang-nim (chairman)’s permission, I will show you an agreement I signed with Maxwell Reed Inc. in the past few years.” Nayoung said.

Nayoung glanced at Jongsuk and nodded at him. Jongsuk stood up and walked out of the meeting room. Seconds later a group of Maxwell Reed Inc.’s staff came in and placed a document in front of the representatives.

Everyone at the table was confused. They immediately read the document in front of them. Those who agreed with Jiseok’s statement looked at Nayoung in disbelief and shocked after they read the agreement.

“Since I was 20, I am a part of Maxwell Reed Inc. and worked as a normal worker. Even though I am just a normal worker back then, I was trained to handle a lot of issues happened in this industry.” Nayoung spoke.

“I watched how things were played in every project. Money was paid to cover every mistake.” Nayoung looked at Bennett Clay Co.’s vice director, Mr. Song and he averted his eyes with jaw clenched in anger.

“A month before the accident happened in Dixon Project, I was signed as sajang (president) of Maxwell Reed Inc. by Kim hwejang-nim (chairman), witnessed by Maxwell Reed Inc.’s board of directors. I officially become the new sajang (president) 3 years ago.” Nayoung added.

“If you want to re-confirm this information, you can ask Maxwell Reed Inc.’s lawyer. An announcement also was done privately with Maxwell Reed Inc.’s workers, 2 days after the agreement was signed.” Nayoung said calmly as her eyes locked Jiseok’s eyes.

Jiseok and others disagree sub-contractors looked away in frustration. They can’t cancel this big project. Most of Hayes Walsh Inc.’s projects had a high value for them.

But with Nayoung involved in this project, they’ll be in a lot of trouble. They might be suspended if they get caught by their actions. They can’t do what they usually did.

“Anything else you want to ask her?” Mr. Jeon asked the representatives in annoyance.

“Why would Kim hwejang-nim (chairman) send a person like her? I can’t believe I had to work with a woman.” Jiseok scoffed and Nayoung just chuckled. Jongsuk’s jaws clenched as he heard that humiliation thrown to his president.

“Do anything to resolve everything or use money instead to cover mistakes no matter how much it cost. Which one are you, Choi eessa-nim (director)?” Nayoung asked Jiseok with a small smile on her face. Mr. Jeon chuckled and Yoonho snorted. Yoongi looked at Nayoung in amazed.

“If you can answer my question, I’ll answer yours. I’m a woman of my word.” Nayoung spoke and Jiseok was speechless with her bold question. He can’t choose any of those. He knew she was playing with him.

Jiseok narrowed his eyes to Nayoung before he looked away. If they were alone right now, he might strangle her to death. Jiseok mentally cursed as he clenched his fists, struggling to control his anger.

“That’s all I have for today. Thank you.” Nayoung said before she sat on her chair.

“I didn’t expect this meeting to be like this. It doesn’t sound professional at all.” Mr. Jeon said as he looked over to Jiseok and Mr. Murphy.

“If you read the contract properly, you’ll notice an agreement you’ve agreed with Hayes Walsh Inc. without a single doubt.” Mr. Jeon said. Some of the representatives frowned and quickly flipped open the contract.

“As stated, these three companies will lead the project. Any changes must be discussed with them first.” Mr. Jeon said. The projector behind him showed three names assigned to lead the project.

 

Crawford Project will be leading by the following person stated:

1. Ms. Kim Nayoung, Maxwell Reed Inc.’s president

2. Mr. Min Yoonho, Knight Riley Inc.’s president

3. Mr. Min Yoongi, King Morton Inc.’s president

 

“Then these 3 representatives will discuss among themselves before it reaches to me. Understood?” Mr. Jeon said with a stern voice. Some of them nodded and some of them just stay silent.

“If you have any problem regarding this project before it starts, meet me directly within this week.” Mr. Jeon said before he walked out of the meeting room. A sigh of relief could be heard from other representatives.

Nayoung bowed slightly to the other representative in the room before walked out without spare a glance to them. Jongsuk followed behind her and they walked to the elevator. While both of them in the elevator, Jongsuk’s phone rang and he quickly pressed the answer button when he saw the caller ID.

Nayoung watched Jongsuk from the reflection of the elevator door. He listened to the caller and nodded as his free hand busy taking notes.

“Okay, hwejang-nim (chairman). I understand, Kim hwejang-nim (chairman).” Jongsuk said to the caller before the call end. Jongsuk looked at Nayoung in hesitation.

“You can go to meet my appa (father), Jongsuk-ssi. I have to go back to the boutique.” Nayoung said softly and Jongsuk nodded understand.

The elevator door opened and Jongsuk bowed to Nayoung before he hurriedly walked to his car. Nayoung turned around and walked to her car. She mentally sighed when she thinks about the big issue waiting for her at the boutique.

“Kim sajang-nim (president)?” A voice called her. She turned around and face with a guy dressed in formal attire.

“I’m Saunders Ltd.’s new supervisor, Park Jaejin. I was in the meeting room just now. I-” He stopped. He was nervous especially when Nayoung stood in front of him.

“Are you afraid of me?” Nayoung chuckled.

“What? N-No. I just- I-” He stuttered and he nervously rubbed his neck as he looked around him, avoiding her eyes.

“Park Jaejin-ssi, are you okay?” Nayoung asked in concern.

“I-I’m fine. It just that… I never handle a big project. Also- I-” He stopped again. Her eyes soften as she watched him.

“I know it is kind of scary about what happened just now. That scene is normal when it comes to a big project but there’s nothing to be afraid of.” Nayoung said softly. Her eyes looked down to his shaking hand before back to his eyes.

“Park Jaejin-ssi, don’t worry. If you follow the rules, you’ll be fine. If they try to manipulate your mind to join their dirty works, just turn away and ignore them. Okay?” Nayoung said calmly.

“My hwejang-nim (chairman) warned me before I come here. He told me to stay low on the ground as much as I can. Don’t try to get into the higher places but I was so nervous. I don’t think I can handle this project.” He said nervously.

“I know Lee hwejang-nim (chairman) since I was 7. He’s a very low profile person. He told you that because his previous supervisor was involved in problematic cases 3 years ago. Maybe he doesn’t want you to repeat those mistakes.” Nayoung told him.

“I’m new and I am still learning in this industry.” He mumbled and he looked down to his feet.

“You’ll do great and I’m also involved in this project. If you need help, you can find me and I’ll help you.” Nayoung convinced him and he nodded.

They bid their goodbye and he walked to the opposite direction of hers. She continues walked to her car but stopped when saw a figure leaned against her car, stared straight to her with a hard expression.

She mentally rolled her eyes and quickly turned around. She was about to walk back to the elevator but her hand was grabbed and pulled harshly.

“Let me go.” Nayoung hissed.

Her back was pushed against her car’s door and she gasped when she felt a slight pain on her stomach. A man stood in front of her as his hand gripped on her shoulders. She usually managed to push 4 men at the same time but she can’t push him away.

The pain on her stomach makes her became so weak. She took a deep breath and looked directly at the man’s eyes.

“Choi eessa-nim (director), I have plenty of works to do.” She said with a forced smile. Jiseok rubbed her lips with his thumb and Nayoung quickly pushed his hand away.

“What do you want?” Nayoung gritted her teeth.

“I want you. Don’t you miss me, Kim sajang-nim (president)?” Jiseok smirked and Nayoung looked at him in disgust.

“Since that dinner, I have a wild imagination about you, Kim Nayoung-ssi. I even had to find someone to satisfy my frustration toward you that night.” Jiseok said while his eyes looked down her lips.

She used her last energy to push him away. Jiseok stumbled backward and Nayoung quickly turned to open her car’s door but the door was slammed and her body was pushed again to the door.

This time, she was facing her car and her hand was pinned behind her back. Nayoung tried to free herself but Jiseok tightened his grip. She was in so much pain.

Her stomach was pushed hard to her car’s window. She was about to scream for help but was suddenly covered with his hand.

His right hands covered while his left hand gripped her hands as he kissed her neck, down to her covered shoulder.

She unexpectedly let her tears fall. Her sobs were muffled behind his hand. She struggled to free her hands while holding the pain on her stomach.

Suddenly his body was pulled and she nearly fell to the ground but her body was held by someone. She looked at the person and frowned. Yoongi’s face was close to her and next to him was Yoonho. Both of them looked so angry.

“You better leave now before I kill you. Now.” Yoonho said between his gritted teeth. After Jiseok walked away in frustration, Yoongi and Yoonho turned to her.

“Are you okay, Kim Nayoung-ssi?” Yoonho asked while his eyes scanned her body to find any injuries. Nayoung slowly pushed her body away from Yoongi’s hold.

“I’m fine. Thank you so much.” Nayoung said with a weak voice. She bowed to them and turned to open her car. Before her hand could reach her door, she fainted from the unbearable pain on her stomach.

Yoongi immediately held her before she could touch the floor and lifted her in bridal style. Yoonho’s eyes widened as he looked at Nayoung’s pale face.

“Call your girlfriend and tell her to come to my house immediately. Now.” Yoongi told Yoonho before he walked to his car with Nayoung in his arms.

“Who? Which girl are you talking about?” Yoonho blinked in confusion.

“I’m talking about Park Jisoo-ssi. Who else?” Yoongi spoke.

“What? Why would I call her?” Yoonho asked in confusion.

“She is her physician. Call her now.” Yoongi answered shortly as he carefully placed Nayoung to lie down at his back seat.

“Oh okay. I’ll bring her there.” Yoonho said before he ran to his car. Yoongi entered his car and drove to his house. Every second he glanced at Nayoung’s pale face.

As soon as they arrived at his house, he brought Nayoung to his room and laid her weak body carefully on his king-size bed. He pulled his comforter to cover her body and placed his hand on her forehand.

Yoongi went to his bathroom and took a wet towel before placing it on her burning forehead. He looked at her pale face then down to her stomach for a minute.

He snapped out of his thought as his bell rang. He walked to the main door and looked through his intercom before he opened the door. He was greeted with Jisoo’s shocked face.

“She’s in the 3rd-room on the second floor. She had a fever.” Yoongi said. Jisoo looked at Yoongi and turned to Yoonho who stood behind her before she hesitantly walked up to the stairs.

Yoonho closed the door and turned to Yoongi’s cold face but Yoongi had his eyes glued to the stairs. Seconds later, Yoongi turned and saw Yoonho frowned while looked at him.

“What?” Yoongi coldly asked.

“You placed her in your room?” Yoonho blinked at him. Yoongi ignored his brother and walked to his living room.

“Dude, you even get crazy if eomoni (mother) went to your room.” Yoonho scoffed as he followed his brother.

“But Nayoung-ssi amazed me during the meeting. She was so calm and yet her words were like thousands of daggers. Damn.” Yoonho beamed.

“She was on a journey that required her to be fierce. She was up for the task.” Yoongi mumbled. He turned to his brother.

“Don’t tell anyone about what happened to her.” Yoongi sternly said.

“I won’t.” Yoonho chuckled.

“I may look like a person who tells everything to anyone but I’m not. I’m not even telling Jaeminie about my relationship with her. Only you knew about that.” Yoonho said sadly.

“Have you found the evidence yet?” Yoongi asked.

“I found plenty but I need more. I need more evidence.” Yoonho answered with his eyes glued to the black screen television.

“I’ll email you everything I found. See if it could help you.” Yoongi said. Yoonho turned to him.

“I told you not to get involved! This is dangerous. It’s about me and him. Even if you have your reason to investigate him but when it comes across to my issues, leave those behind. Only grab the things relate to you.” Yoonho angrily said to his younger brother.

Yoongi glanced at his older brother. Yoonho looked like a happy child who only loves happy things but deep down him, he is more mature than their father. He held his anger better than Yoongi.

“You’re the things that related to me. You’re my family.” Yoongi said and Yoonho shook his head.

“Stop doing that. You’ll only hurt yourself.” Yoonho sighed.

“Our parents don’t deserve that. We don’t deserve that. Our hyung (older brother) doesn’t deserve that.” Yoongi muttered.

Yoonho looked at his younger brother in concern. Yoongi looked like he was angry all the time but in fact, he felt lonely and hurt every second.

“Are you and Jisoo-ssi going out for your arranged dinner date?” Yoongi suddenly asked.

“I don’t know. It all depends on Jisoo-ssi’s mood.” Yoonho sighed.

“Are you going?” Yoonho asked Yoongi.

“Do I have a choice?” Yoongi asked coldly.

“When I heard that you were arranged with Choi busajang-nim (vice president)’s ttal (daughter), I can’t think of anything.” Yoonho sighed.

“Then don’t think. Easy.” Yoongi said.

“I’ll talk to eomoni (mother) and asked her to re-think her decision. I don’t w-” Yoonho stopped when Yoongi looked at him.

“Okay, fine. I’ll just leave you with your decision. Nothing I can do once you already make a decision.” Yoonho rolled his eyes.

“By the way, you said Jisoo-ssi is Nayoung-ssi’s physician but just now on our way here, she told me that she’s her best friend. Which one is correct?” Yoonho raised his brows.

“Both are true. They’re friends since they were a kid.” Yoongi spoke.

“Oh okay. But why must that er?” Yoonho shook his head.

“No matter how far we ran, we will always come around our enemy. You know that very well.” Yoongi spoke.

“That er has the nerve to do that to Kim hwejang-nim (chairman)’s precious diamond.” Yoonho scoffed.

“And someone told me, that er slept with a woman on the same night in the hotel you guys went for your dinner. Interesting, right?” Yoonho smirked and Yoongi turned to his brother.

“You knew?” Yoonho frowned. Yoongi turned back to looked at his green garden.

“I thought I’m the first person who found this news.” Yoonho pouted.

“What happened between you and that new girl?” Yoongi asked and Yoonho froze.

Yoongi glanced at his brother who had his eyes widen. Yoongi waited for his brother to give him a response but even after 3 minutes, no answer was given.

“If you intend to make it a secret, be more careful. You’re now Knight Riley Inc.’s sajang-nim (president). If these reach to any media or abeoji (father)’s enemy, you’ll be doomed. Abeoji (father) might have to kick you out from the company.” Yoongi warned him. Yoonho bit his trembling lips.

“I can’t forget her. I tried. I tried but I can’t.” Yoonho whispered.

“The new girl is not her. They may look identical but they’re not the same.” Yoongi said.

“I know.” Yoonho sadly answered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dictionary and References

Appa or Abeoji = Father

Eomoni = Mother

Hyung = Males speaking to older males

Ttal = Daughter

-ah = Same age person or younger who ends in a consonant

-ssi = Honorific speech for a name

-nim = Honorific speech for an occupation

Hwejang = Chairman or Chairwoman (CEO)

Sajang = President (CEO's right hand person)

Busajang = Deputy president or Senior executive vice president

Eessa = Director

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬