02 | Meet

Enigma | BTS | myg

▬▬▬▬▬ ◊ • ◊ • ◊ • ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬

We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◊ • ◊ • ◊ • ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬

AFTER MEETING WITH NAEUN, Nayoung entered the restaurant and took off her coat. Sohyuk took the coat and she thanked him before walked to her seat. She noticed that Yoongi and Jiseok were not there. 

“Sorry for taking so long,” Nayoung said as she sat.

“Something came up. Urgent.” Nayoung added.

“It’s okay, honey.” Her mother smiled.

“What’s taking my adeul (son) so long in the gents’ room?” Mrs. Choi hissed and shook her head.

“I can say nothing about my adeul (son). He might already leave and continue his work.” Mrs. Min sighed.

The mothers talked about their children’s future, love life, marriage, and kids. It was always the same topic being discussed over and over again. Nayoung mentally sighed.

Yoongi suddenly sat next to his mother and glanced at Nayoung who was busy talking with Mrs. Choi.

“I thought you already left.” Mrs. Min whispered to Yoongi.

“Sorry, eomoni (mother). I had something to do just now. Sorry for taking so long.” Yoongi whispered back.

“It’s okay. I’m happy that you’re still here.” His mother said softly. A chair on Nayoung’s left was pulled and Jiseok sat on it.

“What’s taking you so long in the gents’ room? Where were you?” Mrs. Choi narrowed her eyes to Jiseok.

“Man stuff.” Jiseok joked. He glanced at Nayoung and turned back to his mother.

“Stop with your man stuff and do the real man things.” Mrs. Choi shook her head.

Jiseok, Mrs. Min, and Mrs. Kim laughed. Nayoung forced a small smile on her face so that she won’t be seen as rude for not giving any response. A waiter came to their table and he stood next to Jiseok.

“May I help with your jacket, doryeon-nim (young master)?” The waiter asked politely.

Jiseok took out his phone and a folded paper from inside of his jacket. He placed his phone on the table and inserted the folded paper inside his pants pocket. Then he took off his jacket and gave it to the waiter.

“Thank you.” Jiseok smiled and the waiter nodded as his answer. The waiter walked to Yoongi and asked for his jacket.

“It’s okay. I’ll be wearing it.” Yoongi said without looking at the waiter. The waiter nodded and walked away but Nayoung stopped him before he could walk past Jiseok.

“Can I get dessert No. 4, please?” Nayoung asked politely.

“Sure. What flavor, agassi (miss)?” The waiter asked.

“I want strawberry. Thank you.” Nayoung said with a sweet smile.

“Okay, no problem.” The waiter said politely before walked away.

“Are you still hungry?” Her mother frowned.

“No, I suddenly want to try the dessert.” Nayoung smiled.

“Well, I think it’s fine if she wants to eat a lot. She looks like someone who will never gain weight.” Mrs. Min said.

“Yes, she has a model figure.” Mrs. Choi agreed.

“From what I heard, Kim Nayoung-ssi is someone who doesn’t eat sweets? Then, are you craving? Because it’s weird to see someone who hates sweets, eating it.” David joked but his eyes said differently.

“I rarely eat sweets but that doesn’t mean I hate sweets,” Nayoung said.

“I guess you’re someone who enjoys the rumors you heard, Choi Jiseok-ssi.” She added. She looked at him for seconds before fake a smile.

Mrs. Min and Mrs. Choi laughed. Nayoung’s mother joined the laugh but under the table, Mrs. Kim held her daughter's hand dearly.

Nayoung and Jiseok locked eyes for seconds. Nayoung mentally rolled her eyes when Jiseok smirked at her.

Nayoung looked away and she accidentally glanced at Yoongi who was already staring at her with his cold stares. They locked eyes for a few seconds before Nayoung averted her eyes when the waiter came with her dessert.

When she was eating her dessert, Jiseok’s phone rang and he excused himself to answer the call. Nayoung focused on finishing her dessert but her ears are still listening to the mothers’ conversation.

By the time she finished her dessert, Yoongi received an email through his phone. He pulled out his phone from inside of his suit and read the email. Nayoung glanced over to Yoongi as she sipped her warm tea.

She watched Yoongi frowned as he read the email. His jaw clenched as if he was holding back his anger. Once he inserted his phone inside of his suit, he took a sharp breath.

He drank his champagne with anger written on his face. While drinking, he glanced to his right and caught Nayoung’s eyes but she looked away immediately.

He put his drink down with his eyes still on her. He watched her as she composed herself under his stares.

Jiseok returned with an unreadable expression. Nayoung looked at Jiseok who sat next to her in silence. He raised his glass and drank it empty. His breath was unsteady and he looked angry.

Nayoung pulled out her phone when she received a message and she mentally sighed. She forgot about the appointment for her check-up. If her assistant didn’t remind her, she might have to set another time.

Nayoung opened her clutch bag to put her phone back inside but froze when she realized she is missing something important to her. She took a deep breath and closed her clutch bag. She sipped her tea to calm herself.

She looked up and saw Yoongi looked straight at her with his cold stare. She looked away but from the corner of her eyes, she saw Jiseok stared at her too. Yoongi and Jiseok looked at Nayoung for a different reason that is unknown to Nayoung.

“I have my reason.” Nayoung shrugged and smiled at the woman who sat next to her.

“I don’t care. All I know is that I want you to take care of yourself. If anything happened, it will affect him too.” The woman said worriedly. Seeing Nayoung nodded with a smile, she sighed.

“God, how can you stay this positive?” The woman frowned. 

“Jisoo-yah, you’re my friend for years. I thought you me well?” Nayoung chuckled.

“I’m just curious. I’ve been in your situation before and it stressed the out of me.” Jisoo whined.

“Have you found it?” Jisoo raised her eyebrows and Nayoung shook her head. Nayoung nibbled her lips and played with her finger.

“Soohee-ssi told me that you might have lost it last night at the restaurant. Why did you bring that along?” Jisoo asked.

“I don’t even know myself.” Nayoung shrugged.

“It’s okay. Don’t be stress. It will affect him.” Jisoo smiled gently at Nayoung.

“By the way, how was the dinner with Knight and Hale last night? Is everything okay? Did your body show any bad sign again?” Jisoo asked concernedly.

Nayoung’s thoughts went back to her meeting with Naeun but quickly shook her head.

“Not that bad. Just tired I guess.” Nayoung shrugged and Jisoo frowned. Before Jisoo could say anything, a nurse called her name.

“Park Jisso-ssi.” A nurse called. Jisoo looked at the nurse then back to Nayoung.

“Come, it’s time to go for the check-up,” Jisoo said as she held Nayoung’s wrist gently.

“Everything will be fine. No worries.” Jisoo whispered as they walked to a room that was prepared for Nayoung.

They opened the door and were greeted by a woman dressed in a white coat. Upon seeing them, the woman smiled instantly.

“Nayoung-ssi, lie down there.” The woman gestured to a white bed behind a white curtain.

Nayoung walked to the bed and lay down comfortably. She stared up to the white ceiling with her mind drifting away. Jisoo walked to the woman in the white coat and stood next to her desk.

“Somin-ah, did anyone ask about her?” Jisoo asked the woman.

“No, because everyone knew you’re my cousin and she’s your friend. Even though Nayoung-ssi was next to you, they’ll be focusing on you. They thought she was just following you here to meet me.” Somin said.

Jisoo looked over Nayoung who is still staring at the ceiling. Her expression was calm with no sense of worry. Jisoo sighed as she watched Nayoung slowly rubbed her stomach.

“Don’t worry. No one knows about this. I’ve prepared her documents and equipment by myself. Her secret is safe with me.” Somin patted Jisoo’s shoulder.

Somin walked to Nayoung with a file on her hand. Somin stood next to the bed and Jisoo stood next to her.

“Nayoung-ssi, can you tell me what happened?” Somin asked while her hand touched Nayoung’s stomach over her clothes.

“Last night I ate a lot and felt a slight pain. I vomited thrice this morning.” Nayoung said.

“Have you been doing any heavy work? Did you have enough rest yesterday?” Somin asked as her eyes focus on Nayoung’s stomach. Somin’s hand went inside Nayoung’s white blouse and touched her bare stomach.

“Sure, doctor. I had enough sleep.” Nayoung answered.

“Yeah, right Kim Nayoung-ssi. Sure you did. You went back and forth from one place to another. Of course, you did rest in the car while your driver drove you there. You did rest. You rest with documents on your hand while you read it. Wow, such a good rest.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

“Jisoo eonni (older female) and her non-stop nags.” Somin chuckled and shook her head.

“You can’t blame me for worrying about her. Yes, I’m her friend but I’m also her physician. After those meetings, she even met her lawyer before went back to her boutique. Last night, she even had dinner too. She went straight from her boutique.” Jisoo hissed.

“Plus the dinner ends at 2 in the morning and she’s not even home after 4. All I know is she was already standing in front of my house this morning. 7 o’clock sharp.” Jisoo added.

Nayoung rolled her eyes and she was about to say something but she sealed when Somin already looked down at her.

“Nayoung-ssi, I understand about your priority to your work but you need to reduce it a little. If not, it’ll harm the baby.” Somin told her and Nayoung nodded understand.

“Dr. Somin, can I have a copy of my previous ultrasound scan? I lost it.” Nayoung said as she sat up. Somin smiled and pulled out a small paper from her brown file.

“Here, Jisoo eonni (older female) already told me about that. So I prepared a copy, in case you’ll be asking for it.” Somin winked.

She gave a small paper to Nayoung and a smile spread to Nayoung’s face as she looked at the scan inside her hand.

A smile vanished from his face as he read the papers in front of him. His jaw clenched in anger.

“I asked for her details. Not this trash!” The man shouted and he threw the papers to his secretary's face.

“I’m sorry Choi eessa-nim (director). H-Her information is well p-protected by her t-team.” The woman stuttered.

“I don’t ing care! Find her details or you’ll be fired.” The man glared at the woman who looked at him with widened eyes.

“B-But-”

“Go!” The man yelled and the woman quickly ran out of his office.

At the same time, a man dressed in a dark blue suit walked in with a smirk. He shook his head as he looked at his angry friend.

“I told you, Jiseok-ah. Nayoung’s details are hard to obtain.” The man in a dark blue suit sat on a sofa, next to the man’s desk.

“I have to know what she’s hiding.” Jiseok hissed.

“The Kim family’s detail is well protected. If your company is listed in the top 3 powerful companies, it might be easy for you to approach them.” The man smirked as Jiseok sat across him.

“Jung Minseok, are you trying to tell me that my company is trash?” Jiseok glared at his best friend.

“No, but if you think I said that, it’s fine for me.” Minseok chuckled.

“ off, Minseok-ah. Tell me what you want? You won’t come here for nothing.” Jiseok rolled his eyes.

“I just found out that my ex-girlfriend worked for the angel,” Minseok smirked.

“Don’t you think this is a good opportunity for you?” Minseok asked and Jiseok tilted his head in confusion.

“Why are telling me this?” Jiseok frowned.

“Sohyunie is Nayoung’s housekeeper. Means, she can move freely inside Nayoung’s house. Maybe, even in the study room. Do you get what I mean, mate?” Minseok rolled his eyes.

“Dude, Sohyun hates you to death. If you think of getting back together, forget it.” Jiseok shook his head in disbelief.

“Well, it’s not that hard to win her heart back. Sohyunie is so easy to trick.” Minseok smirked.

“Did you forget that you paid your man to stab her brother?” Jiseok raised his eyebrow.

“It’s not like they know that was me.” Minseok shrugged.

Jiseok took out a small paper from his suit and slid over the table. Minseok took the paper and grinned. 

“Where you found this?” Minseok chuckled in amusement.

“Last night,” Jiseok smirked and leaned back in his seat with a satisfied smile on his face. 

“During the dinner with Min and Kim.” Jiseok chuckled.

“Awesome man. This is great.” Minseok said amusedly as he looked at the small paper in his hand with a big smile on his face.

He looked at the small paper in his hand with a hard expression. After reading Nayoung’s details, he became even more furious.

“Kim Nayoung-ssi was indeed going to Genesis Pregnancy Medical Care but no record of her as a patient was found there.” The man in a black suit said calmly.

“Alone?” The man behind a desk simply asked.

“Kim Nayoung-ssi’s physician, Dr. Park Jisoo was there too.” The man in a black suit answered.

“According to the staff there, Kim Nayoung-ssi is a friend of Dr. Park since they were a kid and they went there just to visit Dr. Park’s cousin, Dr. Kang Somin.” The man in a black suit added as he put a green file on top of the desk.

‘That impossible.’ The man behind the desk frowned as he put the small paper inside his suit in frustration. He was about to open the file when his door was knocked.

“Come in.” The man behind the desk said. A man in a maroon t-shirt came in and went straight to the desk.

“Abeoji (father) asked me to remind you about tonight and Yoongi-yah, tomorrow you got a dinner date.” A man in maroon t-shirt said as he leaned forward over to the man sat behind the desk.

Yoongi tapped his finger on the table as he scanned his table. Then he closed his eyes and let out big sighed. 

“I know. Tell abeoji (father) that I’ll come tonight as promised.” Yoongi said in a firm tone. Yoongi raised his eyebrows as he locked his eyes to the grinning man in front of him.

“What do you want Yoonho hyung (older brother)?” Yoongi asked in annoyance.

“Why does my namdongsaeng (younger brother) look so pissed right now? Are you mad about the date arranged by eomoni (mother), Yoongi-ssi? Come on, give her a chance. From the picture, she seems like a good girl and she’s pretty.” Yoonho winked but Yoongi just looked at his older brother with no expression.

“If I were you, I will just go to that date and see how it goes. If I can’t, I will tell her directly. Like a real man.” Yoonho added.

“Can you shut up? Go back to the company and do your works.” Yoongi said coldly and Yoonho shook his head as he turned around.

“Songhwan-ssi, I can suggest you another job or maybe work with me. If you stay here, you’ll be cursed by that King Kong behind the desk.” Yoonho joked as he walked passed Yoongi’s assistant.

After his older brother walked out of his office, Yoongi opened the green file on his table. Every word he read, make his curiosity about Nayoung increases. His jaw clenched when he read across her details.
“During the dinner last night, Kim Nayoung-ssi met Park Naeun-ssi at the restaurant kitchen area,” Songhwan said and Yoongi’s eyes looked up at him.

“From what I know, it because of something happened in the past. That’s all I know for now.” Songhwan added as he studied Yoongi’s expression. 

“Find out what exactly happened last night. I want to know what happened before and give me the full information about this Park Naeun.” Yoongi said and Songhwan nodded. Yoongi continued to read the information in his hand.

“Sajang-nim (president), Owen Hotel’s head security informed me that the CCTV footage of 2 months ago on the 25th-floor was requested again by the same person. But the security team refused to give them as you ordered.” Songhwan informed.

“And I was informed that Choi eessa-nim (director)’s assistant is trying to find Kim Nayoung-ssi details too. Everything.” Songhwan added and Yoongi looked up at him.

“Tell Owen Hotel’s security team to continue securing the footage. As for Jiseok, find out what his true intention is and report back to me immediately.” Yoongi said sternly.

Songhwan nodded understand and he walked out of Yoongi’s office. Yoongi closed his eyes and sighed. He stood up from his chair and walked to his window.

He looked down on the busy street. No matter how busy he was, he can’t seem to forget about the accident that took his oldest brother’s life 8 years ago. He can’t forget and he won’t forget.

“What are you thinking about?” A voice said next to him. Yoongi recognized that voice instantly and rolled his eyes.

“I don’t have time to play with you, Jaemin-ah.” Yoongi ignored him and walked back to his desk.

“Come on man. Let’s have some fun. You already did this before. It’s just for fun.” Jaemin said excitedly as he sat across Yoongi.

“No, I won’t make the same mistake.” Yoongi glared at his cousin.

“Dude, it was just a one-night stand. You them then you just leave them there. You already did that once and no one knows that. Your secret is safe.” Jaemin said.

“That was my biggest mistake ever. That will be my first and the last mistakes I made.” Yoongi said sternly.

“Hold the up! Yoongi-yah, you didn’t ask for her name, right? You didn’t talk to the girl, right?” Jaemin asked curiously.

Yoongi ignored his question and took out his documents to read. Seeing his cousin’s reaction, Jaemin gasped.

“Man, I told you! Don’t bother to know her name or talk to her. Just her and leave. See what you have done! Now you feel guilty for her.” Jaemin said in frustration.

“Can you shut up?” Yoongi glared at him.

“I don’t know her name. When I went to that room, she was already drunk. I leave right after I -” Yoongi stopped and he looked back down to his documents.

“? You’re not her. Stop talking nonsense.” Jaemin shook his head.

“And don’t even bother to find her. I was told by her boss that she was a new girl in his club and had no experience when she was sent to you but since you didn’t complain, she must be good in bed.” Jaemin said amusedly.

“You didn’t tell me she is a when she was sent to me. Mind to explain?” Yoongi said while his eyes still focused on his documents.

“Are you kidding me?! He just said that she was new.” Jaemin frowned.

“Is the ‘new’ means she is a ? But he didn’t say it straight to me like he usually does? Did he forget?” Jaemin whispered to himself. 

“Whatever. But after that night, I once asked her boss that I want her but he said she was busy. I asked again last week and he said that she was sent away as a mistress.” Jaemin groaned.

“When will you stop sleeping around?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow.

“The second you stop doing that ugly expression of yours, I’ll stop doing that. You stop making that kind of face first.” Jaemin said as he pointed his index finger at Yoongi’s cold expression.

Yoongi ignored him and continued to read his documents. Jaemin shook his head and looked at his cousin’s office. He frowned as he looked around the office.

He noticed that his cousin’s office was decorated differently than the last 3 days he had visited his cousin. He turned his head to Yoongi who was busy talking on his phone with his trademark angry expression.

Jaemin took a pen on the table and twirled it around his finger. He hummed to a melody but jumped when Yoongi slammed his hands to his desk.

“You better run as far as you can before I catch you, er!” Yoongi yelled to the caller.

“Run!” Sohyun yelled as she ran away from Hyejung who chased after her.

“You better run before I catch you and kill you with my pretty finger!” Hyejung shouted as she was chasing after Sohyun who was sprinted out of Nayoung’s room. Soohee was about to stop them but her hand was held by Nayoung.

“Let them have some fun.” Nayoung chuckled.

“But agassi (miss), this is your house and it’s not appropriate for them to do that especially when you are here. I don’t want them to disrespect you.” Soohee said in guilty while she looked down at her feet.

“Sohee-yah, that’s fine for me. You should join them too when they try to joke around.” Nayoung smiled at her assistant.

“If anything happens or if you feel any kind of pain, please tell me straight away. I’ll be somewhere near the hall with Sohyuk-ssi and Minho-ssi.” Soohee said as she helped to put a gold necklace on Nayoung’s neck and Nayoung smiled sweetly to Sohee.

“Why this dress?” Nayoung muttered.

“You look pretty, Nayoung agassi (miss).” Soohee smiled at her and Nayoung turned to her.

“Don’t you think this is kinda overdressed? This is too eye-catching. It will attract unwanted attention.” Nayoung whined.

“No, Nayoung agassi (miss). This dress is perfect for you. This dress was chosen by Mrs. Kim.” Soohee said politely.

“And no matter what you wear, your presence is enough to grab anyone’s attention. Cause you are you.” Soohee added with a smile.

“Stop saying that. Let’s go before the event start.” Nayoung sighed as she wore a long dark brown jacket over her dress. She grabbed her clutch bag and walked down the stairs, followed by Soohee who dressed in her formal attire.

They were greeted by a shocking scene in the living room. Sohyun’s hands were pinned to her back by Hyejung as Hyejung poked Sohyun’s chubby cheeks.

Soohee cleared and they immediately turned around with Hyejung’s hand was still on Sohyun’s hands. As Hyejung bowed to Nayoung, she accidentally tightens her grip making Sohyun yelped in pain. Hyejung’s eyes widened as she quickly let go of Sohyun’s hands.

Soohee glared at them and about to say something but stopped when she heard Nayoung laughed. Soohee apologized to Nayoung on behalf of the maids.

“No big deal, Sohee-yah. They’re just having fun.” Nayoung patted Soohee’s shoulder and she slowly walked to her maids.

“Both of you can sleep here tonight since it is already late now. Make yourself comfortable.” Nayoung said with a smile. Sohyun and Hyejung thanked her before followed her to the main door. Soohee turned to Sohyun and Hyejung as Nayoung entered her car.

“Don’t open the door unless it was Sohyuk-ssi, Minho-ssi or me. Other than that, call me first. Even though the person was someone close to Nayoung agassi (miss). Understood?” Soohee said sternly and they nodded understand.

“Take care you two. Call security if something happens. Reach me as soon as possible.” Soohee said softly to them with a small smile before she walked towards the car.

As the car drove away, they went back inside and locked the door. Sohyun gulped when Hyejung turned around with an evil smile. She slowly walked backward as she felt Hyejung’s eyes on her.

“No!” Sohyun yelled as Hyejung suddenly marched over her.

“Hell yes!” Yoonho exclaimed.

Yoongi just watched her older brother excitedly talked about something related to women with their cousin as they sat inside a waiting room.

“I prefer a nice body than a pretty face.” Jaemin shrugged.

“Boy, the first thing you’ll look at her is her face, not her body.” Yoonho rolled his eyes.

But boy, you need a girl with a nice body to satisfy your need.” Jaemin mocked Yoonho. Jaemin and Yoonho simultaneously turned to the poker-faced Yoongi.

“Nice body or a pretty face?” Jaemin and Yoonho asked at the same time.

“Pretty heart,” Yoongi said coldly. Yoonho’s jaws dropped and Jaemin rolled his eyes.

“What else?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow at his brother and cousin.

“By the way, I heard that Yura ajumma (aunt) set a date for both of you. Good luck.” Jaemin said amusedly and he raised his eyebrow to the men as he drank his wine.

“Correction, a date for Yoongi. Only.” Yoonho glared at Jaemin.

“Well, Yura ajumma (aunt) already told my eomma (mother) that she arranged a date for both of you. Both of you. Means you and Yoongi.” Jaemin smirked as he twirled his glass.

“Don’t tell me it was the same girl from the other day.” Yoonho narrowed his eyes to Jaemin.

“I don’t know if it was the same but her name is Jisoo.” Jaemin shrugged and Yoongi glanced at Jaemin before glanced at his brother.

“No! She is so crazy!” Yoonho whined and Jaemin smirked.

“What have I done to you, eomoni (mother)?!” Yoonho ruffled his styled hair in frustration.

“Oh, I forgot to inform you, Min Yoonho-ssi. Something you need to know.” Jaemin said as he looked directly at Yoonho.

“What? Don’t tell me that she is here.” Yoonho rolled his eyes.

“Bingo!” Jaemin raised his glass to Yoonho before he sipped his wine with his eyes locked at Yoonho’s widened eyes.

“ this , I’m out. Tell eomoni (mother) that I have an urgent meeting to attend.” Yoonho said as he hurriedly grabbed his phone and suit.

“I thought you said that you’ll tell the girl directly if you can’t continue this relationship. Like a real man.” Yoongi said as he scrolled down his phone. Yoonho stopped at the doorway.

“Damn you, dongsaeng (younger person). Damn you.” Yoonho mumbled as he sat back across him. Jaemin chuckled and shook his head at Yoonho’s childish behavior.

Yoongi focused on his phone, reading the emails sent by Songhwan as Yoonho and Jaemin continued their arguments about women. While he was busy reading the third email, he received a message from Songhwan. He opened the message before he looked up to Yoonho and Jaemin.

“Jiseok is here.” Yoongi interrupted them. Yoonho and Jaemin stopped talking and turned to Yoongi.

“What the hell is he doing here?!” Jaemin asked in annoyance. Yoongi looked over to Yoonho who clenched his jaw as his hand curled into a fist.

Jaemin nagged about how much he hated Jiseok as Yoongi watched his brother in silence. No words could describe what he feels. No words could be used to show what they feel.

Red, blood, and revenge are the only things that came across their mind when they face the Choi family. Dark, sad and angry are the only feels that close enough to what they feel when they remembered accidents that happened in the past.

‘You want to play games? Let’s play.’ Yoongi thought as he watched his brother blinked back his tears.

Nayoung walked slowly in the decorated hall while her eyes looked around the hall searching for her parents. Each step she took, she was greeted by the guests who looked at her in awed and their eyes never leave her.

60% of them looked at her with full of respect, 10% of them glared at her with hate and 30% of them stared at her with lust. As for the guests who meet her for the first time, their jaws dropped when they looked at her.

Nayoung smiled sweetly and greeted them politely with a little nodded but behind her smile, she feels very uncomfortable. She hates received this much attention and she hates the looked she received from unwanted attention.

Her smile widened when she saw her parents standing among the guests. She walked to them with a big smile on her face.

“Princess, you look beautiful.” Her father said as Nayoung greeted him with a hug. She pulled away and looked at her father’s eyes.

“Thank you so much, appa (father). You look dashing tonight.” Nayoung winked and his father chuckled. Nayoung turned to her mother.

“Eomma (mother), you look incredibly stunning.” Nayoung hugged her mother. They pulled away and looked at each other.

“Thank you, darling. You look great too.” Her mother smiled as she looked down at Nayoung’s long royal purple gown.

Nayoung turned to the guests and she was shocked to see a familiar face among the guests in front of her but she kept a smile on her face like she didn’t know him.

“Nayoung-ssi.” A man 2 years younger than her father, nodded to her as his greeting.

“Choi busajang-nim (vice president).” Nayoung nodded back.

“You looked wonderful, Nayoung-ah.” A woman next to him said.

“Thank you, Mrs. Choi.” Nayoung smiled at the woman.

Next to Mrs. Choi were Jiseok and a guy around Jiseok’s age. Both of the men looked at Nayoung with a smirk but Nayoung didn’t bother to glance at them.

After she exchanged greetings with Mr. and Mrs. Choi, she tried to keep a sweet smile to them. She tried hard to control herself upon seeing a man dressed in a navy color suit next to Jiseok.

“Kim Sooyoung?” A woman said and her mother turned to the voice.

“Park Minsoo?” Her mother stared at the woman with her eyes widened.

Nayoung glanced at her mother and stopped when she locked eyes with a familiar face dressed in a peach dress next to the woman called Park Minsoo.

“What the Nayoung-ah?” The woman dressed in peach dress cursed and Nayoung chuckled at her reaction.

“Park Jisoo! Watch your words!” Mrs. Park hissed at her daughter.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Park. She always likes that. We’re best friends.” Nayoung smiled and Jisoo knew Nayoung was giving hint to her mother about her unladylike behaviors. Mrs. Park glared at her daughter before she turned to Mrs. Kim.

“They must be super close to being open like that.” Mrs. Kim said and Mrs. Park chuckled awkwardly as she shook her head to her daughter. They chatted while Jisoo looked at Nayoung in furious when she saw Nayoung raised her eyebrow teasingly to her.

Nayoung walked next to Jisoo and winked to her. Jisoo laughed when Nayoung nudged her side teasingly and she pulled Nayoung a few steps back behind their mother.

“I thought you said you will rest tonight?” Jisoo narrowed her eyes to Nayoung.

“I will but after this event ends.” Nayoung winked to Jisoo.

“I knew it.” Jisoo shook her head in disbelief.

“What are you right now? Are you my physician or my friend?” Nayoung arched her eyebrows and tilted her head slightly.

“I’m your friend for tonight but tomorrow I’ll become the cruelest doctor to you. Just wait and see.” Jisoo smirked and they laughed.

Jisoo glanced at her mother but she frowned when she caught a pair of eyes kept watching Nayoung with an unreadable expression. Jisoo narrowed her eyes to that person and clenched her jaws.

Jisoo turned back to Nayoung to ask her something but stopped when she noticed Nayoung was having a small talk with a female guest. After the guest walked away, Nayoung turned and raised her eyebrow when she saw Jisoo frowned at her.

“Why?” Nayoung cocked her head slightly.

“Who is that person talking to your appa (father)?” Jisoo asked.

Nayoung looked at her father and then glanced at the men in front of her father before she looked back at Jisoo. Nayoung looked at Jisoo in question before answer her friend’s question.

“The Choi family. Why?” Nayoung asked as she looked around the hall.

“And those two guys next to him?” Jisoo raised her eyebrow and Nayoung narrowed her eyes.

“Are you interested?” Nayoung smirked.

“ them. That stupid Yoonho guy is way better.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Jisoo punched Nayoung’s arm lightly when Nayoung looked at her with a knowing look. Seeing her friend’s reaction, Nayoung laughed with a hand covered his mouth.

“I’m serious here. Who are those guys?” Jisoo groaned.

“The one in the light brown suit is their adeul (son), Choi Jiseok. The one in navy is Jung Minseok but I don’t know his relationship with the Choi family.” Nayoung said calmly.

“Jung Minseok?” Jisoo frowned as she repeated his name, trying to remember the familiar name.

“Hold the up!” Jisoo gasped and eyes widened as she looked back at the guy then back to Nayoung.

“Is he the Jung Minseok who stabbed one of your bodyguards? What is his name again? Seohyun? Joonhyuk? Sohyuk? Sohyuk! That guy over there did that?!” Jisoo’s eyebrows arched in surprise.

“Yes, that is the guy.” Nayoung nodded.

“Wow, he acted like he didn’t recognize you at all.” Jisoo scoffed in disbelief.

“That’s because he didn’t know Sohyuk-ssi is my bodyguard and he didn't know that I knew it was him who did it.” Nayoung chuckled.

“No wonder. Shameless.” Jisoo said as she looked back at the men and groaned.

“If that Jiseok guy didn’t look away from you, I’ll dig his eyes out and force him to eat his own eyes.” Jisoo groaned in annoyance.

“He’ll stop once he feels tired and bored. Men.” Nayoung said calmly with a small smile.

“Why you keep crossing paths with the person you hate?” Jisoo sighed.

“We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.” Nayoung winked at her friend.

“I really can’t understand what you’re thinking. How can you be so calm and positive in any situation?” Jisoo shook her head and sighed.

The crowd suddenly stopped talking and Nayoung looked over the stage as Mr. Min was scouted up to the stage. Behind him was his wife, followed by three men and one of them is Yoongi.

“Yoonho-ssi?” Jisoo muttered in surprise. Nayoung turned to her friend who looked to the stage with eyes widened and she looked back to the stage.

Yoongi stared straight to the wall at the end of the hall unlike the other two guys around his age, their eyes wandered to the crowd in the hall.

“First of all, I want to thank everyone here for giving your time to come here tonight. As you were informed, today is my birthday.” Mr. Min said through a microphone. The crowd applauded for a second and stopped to let him continue his speech.

“I would like to take this chance to announce the new sajang (president) of Knight Riley Inc. after discussing with the boards of Knight Riley Inc. and company advisor.” Mr. Min said calmly. The crowd gasped in shock at the sudden announcement.

“And now I introduced you, my second adeul (son), Min Yoonho as the new sajang (president) of Knight Riley Inc.” Mr. Min proudly announced and a man on his left bowed slightly his head to the crowd. The crowd applauded in approval.

After Mr. Min and Yoonho gave a short speech, they were escorted down the stage. Nayoung and Jisoo walked to their mother and stood between them. Seconds later, Mr. Min and his family joined them.

The fathers chatted about business while the mothers chatted about their children’s future life and the children silently listened to the conversation. Nayoung was about to take a glass of wine from the waiter but Jisoo took it from her hand.

“No alcohol for you, Kim Nayoung-ssi. Drink this.” Jisoo said as she gave her an apple juice.

“Okay, Dr. Jisoo.” Nayoung chuckled.

“I thought you’re my friend for tonight,” Nayoung mumbled as she sipped the apple juice.

“What happened to my friend?” Nayoung chuckled.

“I changed my mind. After I saw you confidently took the wine, I grabbed my invisible white coat and change back as your physician.” Jisoo smirked and Nayoung shook her head.

Nayoung turned to her father and caught two pairs of eyes looking straight at her. She turned back to Jisoo and continued to chat with her about a random topic.

She ignored the eyes that stared at her in frustration and the eyes that stared at her with his hard expression. They stared at her with different reasons and different thoughts lingered in their mind.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dictionary and References

Appa or Abeoji = Father

Eomma or Eomoni = Mother

Eonni = Females speaking to older females

Hyung = Males speaking to older males

Ajumma = Aunt

Namdongsaeng = Younger brother

Dongsaeng = Younger person

Adeul = Son

-yah = Same age person or younger who ends in a vowel (AEIOU)

-ah = Same age person or younger who ends in a consonant

-ie = Sign of closeness and affection to a name ends in a consonant

Doryeon-nim = Young master

Agassi = Miss

-ssi = Honorific speech for a name

-nim = Honorific speech for an occupation

Sajang = President (CEO's right hand person)

Busajang = Deputy president or Senior executive vice president

Eessa = Director

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬