Curiosity Killed The Cat

Hydrangeas
Please log in to read the full chapter

If someone were to look at my room right now, I could say that they would probably get their legs tangled from all of the clothes that I took out of the closet. I just couldn't find myself anything to wear for tomorrow. If Wonwoo could have just said where we were going, then finding clothes to wear would have been a whole lot easier. What if he wanted to go bike riding by the river downtown and I wore something like a dress shirt and a formal coat? Or what if he wanted to go to the museum and I wore a dry-fit shirt and Nike jogging pants? Oh , that would be a disaster. My head felt like it would explode at any moment from all the possibilities that keep flooding my head. I figured I should just wear clothes that would look normal in any occasion at any location. Yeah, that would be great.

I held up a white button up shirt in front of the mirror and it seemed nice enough until the rest of it unfurled revealing a set of ruffled sleeves. What the is this? This looks like one of those costumes that people who dance something called flamango? Flamingo? What was it again? Why in the world do I even have this? Oh well.

Okay, moving on. I held up a blue denim overall paired with a yellow shirt. It seemed cute at first but the more I looked at it the more I loved it, if where I wanted to go to was a costume party. But for this particular event, boy it did not look good. I looked like an overgrown minion. After a few more trial and errors, I decided that I could just wing it tomorrow. Wait a minute... Why am I even trying to prepare for tomorrow? It's not like we're going on a date? Yeah we're just going to hang out. Yeah that's just it.

The next morning, I woke up way too early. It was still four in the morning. There was this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Excitement maybe? I don't really know. All I knew was that I can't go back to sleep now that my mind is awake. So I got up from my bed and made myself some coffee to wake up my senses and did a bit of light stretching. Since I won't be going out until at least 8:30 I figured I could waste some time by watching a bit of the morning news but then I remembered I still had nothing to wear. I immediately went back to the mess of my room and walked around trying to see if there were any clothes that was left unwrinkled by the storm I stirred up last night. To my surprise there were still quite a lot of them. To make my life easier I just grabbed a white piece of shirt and denim pants. Nothing can go wrong with waring just the basics.

By the time I picked what clothes I was going to wear, while constantly trying to reorganize my closet, it was already past eight. I freaked out and ran to my bathroom managing to hit my foot on a leg of the table screaming in my head as I limped to the bathroom.

 

When I got to the coffee shop I was panting. I got caught up in traffic so I had to run two blocks just so I wouldn't arrive any later than I had. I bent my knees to catch my breath.

“Hey. You okay?” It was Jisoo.

The voice startled me. It was a good thing that I was looking down or he would have seen the way my face contorted. He would have already burst out into fits of laughter.

“Somebody seems excited.” Said Jisoo in a teasing tone. I didn’t respond to his statement because I was distracted.

“You looking for Wonwoo?” I turned my neck so fast that I could have sworn it snapped. At the sudden realization of my immediate reaction, warmth slowly made its way to my cheeks and my ears. I was blushing. Jisoo chuckled at my reaction.

Jisoo looked at his wristwatch to figure out the time and said, “He’s been here since thirty minutes ago.” I instantly got up from my position and ran into the shop but Jisoo managed to stop me by the wrist.

“Hey. Calm down will you? I was kidding. Okay?” At the sound of those words I calmed down and managed to look at Jisoo. “And besides it’s just half past seven.” My eyes widened at the words that just left Jisoo’s lips. . I must have misread the clock. I grabbed my hair trying to relieve myself of all the embarrassment that I felt.

“It’s okay. It’s okay. I’ve been there done that”, said Jisoo while patting my back. “Why don’t we go get something to drink and eat?” He started walking towards the interior of the shop without waiting for my reply.

 

Staring at the scenery by the coffee shop managed to calm me down. There were people walking down the street, some walked fast while some were walking leisurely. There were children playing on the playground. There were families walking hand in ha

Please log in to read the full chapter