The 12 Flower Ensemble

Hydrangeas
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Mingyu! I need you to make another flower arrangement. You can use any flowers you want but apparently it's for a wedding and he wants it on a hanging vase. Don't know what that's about. He says he'll wait for it. How long will it take?" Jisoo inquired right after he entered the backroom of the coffe shop. 

As a reply I gave a curt nod and raised three fingers to which he replied with a smile and said, "You don't need to hurry. The customer says he can wait all day. Take your time. Okay?"

Once I was alone, I focused on the task at hand. 'So a flower arrangement for a wedding eh? So first things first. I searched for that thing you draw on... 'It's called a... Uhmm... Nevermind" As soon as I found it, I turned it to the first empty page I could find and made a list of the flowers I want to incorporate in this piece. I guess Roses and Orchids will do, I'll make these two the center of the piece. Then maybe I'll surround it with peonies and star gazers? I think I could use Astilbe and Autumn Clematis as adornments to make the center stand out more. Yeah, I think that'll do it. I looked at the sketch and I could say that I am proud of this creation. I was beaming as I assembled the piece. Time passed by and I didn't noticed that I was already finished when I noticed that I was already staring at the flower arrangement.

Admittedly, it looked pretty good. But something was missing so I decided to deconstruct some parts of the arrangement. I added six more flowers to make it feel complete, the Calico Aster, Chrysanthemum, Lisianthus, Wild Bergamot, and Tulip. As I stepped away from my creation, I can only look at it with admiration. It felt more complete. It felt more alive. I wish I felt more alive. And as I looked at the flower I remembered the time. 

'Oh ! It's already been past three hours.'

I need to look for Jisoo. I bolted out of the door, into the coffee shop and noticed that most of the customers were looking at me. Knowing how good of an actor I am, I just brushed off their curious stares and headed to the cashier. To my disappointment, Jisoo was not there. In fact Jisoo wasn't anywhere to be found. In the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a paper taped loosely on the door I just bolted through. And the message on it read "I have to go out for a bit Gyu! We suddenly ran out of milk and tea bags. I'll be back in a few! ^^"

'Ugh. Typical Jisoo. Leaving unannounced' I thought to myself. But then a sudden realization hit me and my eyes widened at thought that Jisoo left me. Here. In the coffee shop. Alone. With no other assistants. Just me. Who's going to give the flower arrangement to the customer? I don't even know what he looks like. Oh yeah. I'll just wait for Jisoo to return. He said he'll be back in a few, right? Yeah. 

 

AFTER THREE EXCRUTIATING HOURS

Where the is he? It has already been three freaking hours! That stupid-head said he'll be back in a few!

Please log in to read the full chapter