You are the cause of my euphoria

I say goodbye and you say hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everybody knew Kim Yerim was a talkative person who loved to know everyone and. And those people always warned her because of it. When she received an email from her boss, asking her if she could come to his office, her colleague (and friend), Mark, couldn’t hide his laugh. 

« Please can you give me your computer when you leave today, you know mine is , » he told her when she was leaving their office. She stepped back and pushed him in the arm, before going out. 

When she entered her boss’ office, she expected something bad. It was maybe because of their team’s reunion this morning or because of her big mouth in the corridor before lunch. However, Kim Nam Joon was smiling when she sat down in front of him. 

« You wanted to see me, boss? » She tried to have a confident tone, but even after six months, she was still a bit scared of Nam Joon. He never screamed at her or anybody, but he knew how to have the « boss vibe.» 

« Yes, thanks for coming. Don’t worry it’s not about your current job. I need your help with something. » She was a bit scared before he continued to talk: « You probably don’t know, but some DH teams need help with their communication. We both know, each branch has a small PR team, you worked for one of them, but as the main one from the company headquarters, it’s our mission to help them. » 

She didn’t follow her boss. What was he talking about?

« Don’t make a weird face like this Kim Yerim. Your former boss called me and asked if you could help them a little with one of their campaigns. They haven’t replaced you yet, so Heechul asked me a favor. Can you do it? » 

She was so happy to work with her former team that she didn’t hear what Nam Joon said after. 

« What did you say, boss? » 

«  Heechul told me you have good relations with this team; it won’t be a problem for you.»

« Which team? » She was afraid to hear her boss’ answer. But it could be two or three different teams after all.

« The data one » 

Yerim didn’t know if it was the best moment to tell her boss that even if she had good relations with Seokjin or Taehyung, it was the opposite with their boss. For five months, she thought about him almost every day. She hopped every morning to find an e-mail from him in her inbox. When people from the branch came to the headquarters, she always tried to see if he was there. 

But she never saw him. It was like he never existed and she had to search on their online private network to see a proof of his existence (yes, he was real). 

When she left her boss’ office, after one or two another blackout, she came back to her desk, her two colleagues looking weird at her. 

« Why with the strange face Yerim? » Mark was the nice one. Always smiling, enjoying his time at work, he also loved to tease his colleagues, as he showed it before her meeting.

«  Don’t tell me Nam Joon called you about your attitude in reunion last week? » Asked her other teammate, Lisa. Coming from another country, people would expect someone shy and gentle. Lisa was the total opposite. If Yerim had to describe her two friends, they would be two faces of a coin. 

« Can we take a break? I’m don’t want to talk about it with everyone around us. In a heartbeat, Mark and Lisa stood up and run to the door. After they found a quiet place, Yerim started to explain what their boss told her. Mark was excited as a girl in front of her favorite boyband during a fan signing, and Lisa just raised an eyebrow without saying anything. Yerim saw it: « Come on Lisa, say something, you’re the rational one between the three of us. Tell me it’s not a big deal, and I’ll work perfectly with his team. »

« Nope, sorry mate, but you have a crush on a guy for almost a year, who almost kissed you and didn’t give you any news for five months. So yes, it’s a big deal. But don’t worry, we’ll be here for you. »

« You’re really the best friends someone could have guys » And Yerim started crying, Lisa hugging her instantly, and Mark just looking around to alert if someone appeared suddenly.   

This evening when she went home after another hug from Lisa, she thought she saw a slim but muscular body on the subway platform. She didn’t want to look because there would be a chance it was him. And with a face, free of makeup and puffy eyes, she couldn’t be seen. 

But Karma was a . When she entered the subway train, she checked around her without thinking. She went back to reality when her eyes laid on him, his own looking directly at her. In a second, she went out the train at the next station, her heart beating so fast, that she almost couldn’t breathe. 

Seeing him, the day she discovered her team and herself would work with his, five months after he stood her, Yerim started to believe she killed a king in another lifetime.


_____________

 

« I’m serious Yerim. You need to download a dating app! You can’t stay like this because of a guy who treated you like he did. » said Lisa, asking the waiter for another beer. « This guy was a major with you. You need to meet a cute and nice guy who cares about you.»

Yerim didn’t say anything. She was nursing her beer in silence, praying for a change of conversation. Mark was nodding at what Lisa was saying, and she knew it would be her time: when her friends would orient the talk about herself and her love life.  

« You know I don’t think every minute about him » she started to say before Lisa cut her. « No, you think every second about him, it’s worse. » 

« How can I have a conversation with people like you? » 

« We are your friend; this is why we can say things like this, right Mark? » The only man at the table tried to hide himself behind his glass, but Lisa pushed him the side. « Right, Yerim, you cannot stay like this. I know guys who would die to have a date with you ».

Yerim looked at her friends. She knew they just wanted the best for her but Lisa had never been in love and Mark was in love with every girl he met. How can she take advice from the both of us?

« You know this meeting isn’t a big deal. He probably won’t come, and it’ll be only Seokjin and Taehyung. » Mark looked at her with a serious face, a thing he did very rarely. « Come on Yerim, tell us how many scenarios you have in your head right now? »

She was silent for a second before answering. « I don’t know, maybe two or three. Guys, it’s nothing, it was just a crush when we were working at the same place. It has been six months, and I’m ok, don’t worry about me. » 

« We’re worried about you! This is why you need to download a dating app and meet other guys. You cannot stay like this, hoping to receive an e-mail from him with reason. » Lisa looked at her with scary eyes, and she knew, no words could change her mind.

« Ok I’ll try it, but don’t ask me to meet guys. You know how it hard to me to make the first move. »

« We know » Retorted the both of them.

_____________

 

« Yerim, what did you do to your beautiful and long hair? » She didn’t have the time to say ‘hi,’ Seokjin was already in front of her, a sad expression on his face. 

« I needed a cut for a fresh start. When something happens, you just need a radical change. » She felt someone coming behind her but didn’t turn herself. « But don’t worry sunbae, it’ll grow again. » When she finally looked back, Taehyung and their chief were there. She bowed at them, trying not to look at the last one.

She didn’t want to look at him, but it was hard when he was sitting just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter