Five months ago

I say goodbye and you say hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five months ago...

 

The first time Kim Yerim laid her eyes on him, she felt weird. Hot and cold at the same time, her heartbeat faster than usual and something like butterflies in her belly. 

 

He was the cutest guy she saw in her building since she started worked there a month ago. And she had an excellent sight to spot cute guys: tall, lean, strong jaw, bowl-cut and bunny teeth. The best thing about him was how he wore suits like they were made especially for him. 

 

Ok maybe they were made for him, but she didn’t want to fantasy about a guy who could put so much money on costumes. And she knew a guy like him couldn’t have the salary to do it. He was probably like her, a new graduate employee or worst, an intern (and then he would be younger than her). 

____________________________________________

 

She never talked to him. But after a few weeks (and a lot of researches), she discovered his name and his position. 

 

Jeon Jungkook, 29, not an intern, older than her by two years and probably a good paycheck (he had maybe handmade suits after all). Why? 

 

Because he was the freaking head manager of the data team.

 

How could he be head manager at this age? Was he the son of one of the directors? Or the CEO?

____________________________________________

 

Every time she heard something about data, she raised her head from her computer in an instant. Since she discovered his position, she didn’t have the opportunity to work with him. First of all, because communication didn’t seem to be one of his team’s priority and secondly because she was just a new graduate employee and he was a head manager. And they lived in the Republic of Korea, a country where your position was very hierarchical. 

 

However, when her boss asked her to come with him at a meeting with the data team, she almost fainted. Ok, she did it in her head, but her heartbeat was stronger than before. 

 

She wasn't prepared at all. Her clothes were plain boring, she had a bad hidden spot on her right cheek, and she didn’t have time to wash her hair the previous evening. In short, she was a total mess.  Her boss, Kim Heechul, as lunatic as he was, even felt something weird coming from her. 

 

« I know it’s your first official meeting with a team but don’t be so stressed; everything will be ok.  I worked for a year with Kim Taehyung, the deputy team manager. He knows how to deal with us, the communication team. » 

 

« Thanks, team leader. » 

 

Apparently, she couldn’t tell her boss; she was more stressed to be in a meeting with her crush than having one with several agents. 

However, when they arrived, he wasn’t there. Only Taehyung and Seokjin appeared in the meeting room, and she cried on the inside. 

This evening she took a drink with Nayeon, her previous job’s sunbae but also her friend. The oldest always listen to her but still couldn’t stop talking about her crush, a guy from the office next to her.

____________________________________________

 

She didn’t believe in karma or anything like that. They were at the same office party, the first time since she started to work there. And it was three weeks before she would leave her job.

 

From Sooyoung 

~  Yerim, you’re leaving this bulding in three weeks. 

~  Maybe you’ll still work for the company, but your office will be fifteen minutes from us. Tonight is your only chance to talk to him.

 

Yerim took her soju but couldn’t say anything. It was just a stupid crush on a guy she met a few times in the elevator. Maybe she stalked him a little on the Internet and discovered they lived close to each other (but only because she saw him at her subway station two or three mornings). But it was only a crush.

 

From me

~  And how can I talk to him? He’s at the table with all his subordinates. I can’t walk by and start talking to him. 

 

From Sooyoung

~ You walk by, find someone to talk to, and when he goes to the toilets, you follow him. 

 

From me 

~  You called me a weirdo when I told you I searched him on the Internet but now you ask me to follow him to the toilets? 

 

When she turned her head, he was the only thing she could see. Mostly because he was pretty tall but also because she learned how to find him the quickest for a year. 

 

Sooyoung sent her another message before she got up, going to the toilets. She started to walk, passing by his table when someone called her.

 

« Yerim, come here »

 

Seokjin-sunbae was sitting two or three seats on his left. She started to have a broad smile on her face. They met last year at the coffee shop inside the office building and became friends in a moment.

 

« I can’t believe you leave us in three weeks! Who will drink coffee with me every morning? » He moved a little to let her sit next to him and tended her a glass of soju.

 

« Sorry sunbae, but I waited for this job opening since the end of my internship last year. And you will have some meetings in my building. »

 

She felt something weird behind her, but her attention was on Seokjin who faked tears. However, the feeling was still here when someone started to talk.

 

« Hyung, don’t be a tease with this nice girl, and everybody knows you’re not crying.’ »

 

She turned around to be sure it was him. He was now standing up just behind her, a broad smile and hands in his pockets. 

 

« Don’t worry chief. She’s my friend from the PR department, Kim Yerim. I’m sad because she leaves the office in three weeks. » 

 

« I told you sunbae. I’ll work in the other office. A fifteen minutes walk, it’s not hard, even for you. »  She tried to focus on Seokjin but his body was too close for her good will, and her eyes were at the height of his… 

 

« Seokjin is the only one to take the elevator to go one floor upstairs, a fifteen minutes walk is a like a marathon for him. » This time she had to look at him: his smile was directed at her, and her cheek became instantly like fire. 

 

« I would be happy to learn more about you Kim Yerim and your friendship with Seokjin, but I need a little break from so much alcohol. This is why I hate office parties. » He mumbled the last part so quickly. She thought to be the only one to hear it. 

 

When he was a few meters away, Seokjin turned back to Yerim, smirking. « So you like my boss Kim Yerim? » 

 

She didn’t know what to answer. « What are you saying this? I don’t know him, and it’s the first time we talk to each other. » Her friend’s face told her everything: he didn’t believe her at all. « I need to put some makeup, say hi when you leave sunbae. »

 

However, when she came back from the bathroom, Jeon Jungkook wasn’t at his table anymore. She sat a bit with Seokjin, who became to be drunker. 

 

« Don’t leave us Kim Yerim, who will drink coffee with me in the morning? » 

 

« Seokjin-sunbae, I hope you don’t try to bribe me to come here every morning? You know how I take my sleep seriously. » 

 

He only grinned at her « even if your crush works in this building? » 

 

She became red and pushed the oldest man in the shoulder « you’re an sunbae. »

 

____________________________________________

 

In the three weeks before she left, she only saw him ten times (yes she counted). Mostly during lunch breaks but one time in the elevator, late in the evening, where he recognized her. She never thought her cheeks could burn so much.

 

« You’re Kim Yerim, that’s right? » He started after smiling at her when he entered the elevator. 

 

« Yes, that’s right. Sorry, I don’t know your name sunbae. » How could she stay stoic at this moment, she didn’t know. However her mind melted a little bit when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter