Take my hand now

I say goodbye and you say hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn’t make ten steps outside Jungkook's building than she found herself face to face with Jaehyun and his girlfriend, Chaeyoung, all lovey-dovey together.

« Hey, Yerim isn’t… Jungkook’s building? » 

 

It could have been ‘hello Yerim, how are you’ or ‘it’s been a long time Kim Yerim’ but no. The first question coming from Jung Jaehyun was about Jeon freaking Jungkook. She tried to stay calm, but with bed hair, a non-washed-face and her shirt inside out, it was apparent why she came from the building. 

« Are you seeing Jungkook? » asked Chaeyoung with a small smirk. 

 

Two options were possible: 

Option one: she could run really fast to her building without looking back, putting all her things into a bag and taking the first train to Daegu or Busan. 

Option two: she could fake a memory loss, asking who Jeon Jungkook was and a few seconds later, who they are. 

Unfortunately, none of them were credible. 

 

« I’m so sorry guys, but my friends are waiting for me. I’m already late for our weekly brush, but we can have a drink together this week if you want. » She didn’t give them the time to answer that she was already walking really fast in her apartment’s direction. When she arrived in front of her building, she was glad that Jungkook and Jaehyun were the only two persons she knew in her neighborhood. If she had to face Taehyung or Seokjin this morning, it would have been the death of her. 

_____________

 

When she arrived at her place, the first time on her mind was taking a shower. After almost one hour in her bathroom, she sat on her bed and decided to send a message on her Kakao group chat with Lisa and Mark. At first, she didn’t want to tell them, but they were her best friends, and she needed their advice. Yerim tried to be elusive but Lisa, the first to answer, asked her directly if she spent the night at the head manager’s place. A few seconds later, she received a call from her girlfriend, telling her she would be at Yerim’s place in twenty minutes. 

« Mark is still sleeping, I tried to call him, but he didn’t answer » Lisa claimed, entering Yerim’s apartment, two coffees in her hands. « Actually, you weren’t probably the only to wake up with someone this morning.»

 

Yerim was so surprised to hear this that she put in the corner of her brain what Lisa just said: « Mark spend the night with a girl? Who? »

Lisa smirked at her friend: « Don’t think I won’t ask you questions about your night, but because our little Mark is searching for a girlfriend for so long, I’ll tell you. » She became silent for a few seconds. « Do you know Kim Doyeon from the advertising department? »

« Obviously I know her. We worked two or three times together and who doesn’t know the most beautiful girl in the building? One night I dreamed about having her perfect long legs. Don’t tell me… I thought Tzuyu had a crush on him? » 

« Ok so maybe they didn’t spend the night together, but when I left, they seemed really cozy with each other in a dark corner. But he’ll tell us, and if he doesn’t want, we know how to make him talk.  However… » She smirked at Yerim, and she knew it was her torture time. « Where did you spend the night Kim Yerim? » 

« Do I really need to tell you? » Asked Yerim with a small voice.

« Obviously! I’m your work’s best friend and the only one who can listen to you talking about him. » 

 

Yerim sighted and started to tell her friend what happened in the cab.

 

The previous night

« You know I won’t fall into your trap Jeon Jungkook, » said Yerim when he let her entering the taxi. We neighbors, it’s normal we share a cab like this. » 

« Obviously. » He gave his address to the driver, and the silence came. She didn’t know what to say but why would she have to talk to him for a twenty minutes drive? The lounge music in the background made her a bit angsty, and she didn’t know why. After minutes, she felt a light touch on her side. It wasn’t the kind of flirty touch when the guy tried something on you but the kind to see if you were sleeping. « We’re almost there » Jungkook murmured in her ear. 

 

If his touch wasn’t flirty, his voice was too low for Yerim’s sanity. A moment later, the car stopped, and they get out the car in silence. When they faced themselves alone in the street, she lost any will. 

Jungkook’s attitude changed in an instant. In front of her, was standing the cute and shy guy she spotted one year ago, and she knew she was screwed. He didn’t say anything, and Yerim wanted to wait, but her insistent look didn’t seem to make him react. She decided to be the first one to talk. « It’s probably my time to leave, sleep well head manager. »  

 

He lifted his head, and she couldn’t move: something in his eyes froze her. His shy attitude from a minute ago disappeared. He sighted before talking with a husky voice: « I’m not good at this. I thought it would be easy to be flirty and straightforward with you, but it’s not me. I’m… I really like you Kim Yerim, and I want to know you better. Asking you to come back to my place isn’t the best idea I had in my life. However, I really want to take you on a date and… » 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter