15min before the performance [2pm]

Enemy or Friends

 

[15 minutes before the performance]

Nichkhun watch as the boys practice their dance steps, going through those that they had trouble with. It was nerve-wrecking. Today will be their first, and most likely last performance they will have, if they don’t make the impression.

He sighed to himself, going through that one double-step and jump that he had trouble with. It wasn’t that he had trouble. Doing it, it reminds him of that moment. The first time they had met at the dance studio, faraway from this rivalry-business.

This was the exact moment he was doing, when he met her. They didn’t know each other’s origin at first, clicking off immediately. Their progress were fast, holding hands on the 1st week, and confessing on the 2nd week. Those days were blissful.

That is until exactly one month ago, when they found out about each other; that they had to compete against each other, in the worst competition that happened. A proposal to break off was imposed, but they couldn’t keep to themselves. They had fallen deep into the webs of love.

Since then, they’ve lived with the fear of getting found out. Their dates end so abruptly, knowing that someone from their own school was near.

Tiffany and Junsu just so happen to discover their secret meetings; whatever the reason that they were together,; and sworn to secrecy.

Nichkhun sighed again, going over and over the dance step, only to feel worse seeing no improvement. He was so concentrated on perfecting that little move, that he jumped and almost screamed like a girl feeling someone tap his shoulders. The other person covered his mouth, muffling his scream.

“Yah! Kim Junsu! How can you scare me like that?” Nichkhun angrily said.

“Sorry~ Just trying to tell you to relax…”

“Okay…”

“So what you thinking about?”

“Nothing…” Nichkhun said, avoiding Junsu’s gaze.

“Nothing?”

Nichkhun sighed again, knowing that Junsu was too watchful of him. “Well… It’s about her.”

“Worried about the face-off? I told you before. Personal and work should be separated.”

“I know…. But… I can’t do that. Beca-“

“Yea yea I know. You really want to do it without hurting her?”

Nichkhun’s eyes brightened up. “You know a way to do that?”

“Yep.” And Junsu took out a bottle of water. “Just let her drink this and voila~”

Nichkhun looked at Junsu in surprise, “we’re resorting to such means?!”

“Not we, Khun. You. You want to do this without hurting her right? Besides, it's just sleeping pills.”

“Yes… But-“

“Khun. It’s up to you if you want to give her the water. It’s your decision.” Junsu said, patting Nichkhun’s shoulder and left him sitting there, staring at the bottle. After an agonizing debate with his own soul, he punched in a message and sent it to her.

==================================================================

Nichkhun stood on the rooftop, pacing up and down, before making the call to the grandpa.

“Hyung, are you sure that this won’t kill her?”

“Relax Khun! Its sleeping pills. There's only 2 in there. I swear!”

“Hyung…”

“Nichkhun. Like I said, I won’t force you. It’s your choice. The bottle’s with you, everything is in your hands. Give to her, knock her out for 1hour or 2, and win it without feeling bad about it.”

“…”

“Khu-“ Nichkhun heard the door opening, and saw her walking towards him. He quickly said “Hyung I can’t talk to you. Gotta go bye~” and hung up.

“Hello” their greetings were awkward, knowing that they have to face each other later.

“How’s practice?” Khun began, leaning on the ledge.

“tiring….” Yoona said, leaning with him.

There was an awkward silence again. Khun fiddled with the water in his hands.

“Is that for me? Thanks~” Yoona said, and made a grab for it. Nichkhun quickly grabbed it back, “No- uh. I mean…” Khun panciked, then quickly thought and said, “ It’s a drink that we share,” Emphasizing on the word ‘we’ referring to him and his gang.

“oh…” Yoona shuddered at the thought of sharing the saliva of 5 boys.

“So what do you want to talk about?” Yoona asked.

“Must we talk evertime we meet? Can’t I ask to meet because I miss seeing my precious?” Nichkhun said, slightly hugging Yoona.

“Uh…” Yoona felt shy hearing this line of his. Then she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She picked up the phone, only to hang it up seconds later.

“Well. Gotta go. See you- later” they both bid goodbyes, and then Yoona left Nichkhun standing on the roof alone. He looked at her back longingly. Once she was out of sight, he let out a big sigh, looking at the untouched bottle in his hand. He didn’t want to face her, but his conscience wouldn’t let him give her the drink.

Nichkhun stood there wondering what to do, his train of thoughts broken by his ringing phone. He answered it, and walked back to the practice room, to get ready for the big face off.

==================

Aigoo my co-a didn't post this up..... =P We're planning the next chapter~~ And for the first time doing it FTF~~ 

We're both a bit busy right now and blaahh~~