Chapter 2

Hey you, Let's be friends.

Lee Hyori Sunbaenim has a direct contact with Wheein? When did this happen? Hwasa thinks.

Wheein answers the call instantly.

“Yes unnie? .. Ah, Thank you very much, . .No, none at the moment, yes thank you, thank you, Please tell Hyori sunbaenim I’m also thankful for her kindness. Yes, Bye”

Hwasa was doing her best not to eavesdrop, But then again, her friend was just in front of her. Trying to keep herself busy, she began playing her noodles. She scrunches her face, she can still hear everything, At least the ramen tastes good.

“Ah I’m so happy, Lee Hyori’s manager called, congratulating me for the win. I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but she says, Hyori sunbaenim’s cheering me as well”

Hwasa lets out a sigh she didn’t know she was keeping; Wheein already says everything she needed to know. Coincidentally, their manager unnie and Lee Hyori’s manager knew each other.

For whatever reasons, dark thoughts was eating her lately, So what if her friend has a direct contact with Korea’s top singer?, She should be happy, She should not be feeling like this.

Shaking her head, she began stealing her friend’s food. “You should eat now, before I take them all Wheein”

“Yah! Those are mine!”

The two girls continue their meal with the usual banter, one moment they’ll be quiet. Next, one would reminisce and the other follows. Then, Hwasa jokes about Wheein almost become a manghwa artist.

 

“Hyejin don’t move” The older girl says as she sketches the Hyejin’s face.

“I don’t understand why you can’t just take a picture! You know I can’t keep myself still” The younger girl whines as she scratches her nose.

“Hyejin no! Don’t move! Ahhh. It’s not the same pose now”

“But I just touched my face? You’re exaggerating Wheein” Thinking that her friend was no longer drawing, she began to move towards the artist.

“What are you doing? I told you not to move!” Wheein stomps her feet.

Looking apologetically, Hyejin sheepily smiles, “I’m sorry, I thought we’re done”

Wheein pouts, meaning she have taken her friend’s apology. “Although, I still don’t understand why are you so worked up with this” Hyejin asks.

“I was going show my talent in drawing by presenting a portrait of you. You’re supposed to be my muse, but you ruined it!” The girl continues to pout.

Hyejin chuckles in amusement, but she’s really touched with the girl’s sentiment. She’s so lucky to have met Wheein. They may consider each other as their platonic soulmates, but to her it feels like even if she won’t meet her soulmate, Wheein is enough.

 

Trying to find her Chemistry book in the locker, she was surprised with a sudden appearance of her friend. “Ya, Jung Wheein! You shocked me, why are you running?”

Whilst panting and talking, Hyejin was able to make out with the words the girl was saying.

“Change of plan, Hyejin! Seulgi unnie was going to showcase Irene sunbaenim’s portrait! I can’t top that!” Wheein began to pace around, deciding the next thing she needed to do.

“I told you just to sing with us, beside’s even if Seulgi unnie wins, you two are in different year, you can still get the second place” Hyejin smugly says.

Confused, Wheein asks “Second place?”

“I’ll get the first place of course!” The younger girl laughs.

“You’re not helping Hyejin! I still don’t want to do the same. I need something different and unique, but you’ll still be my main star!” The older girl boldly declares.

“Unique and I’ll be the star? What about those Japanese comics you read? Draw me prettily with some cool guy!”

Looking like she just won a lottery. “You mean a manga? You are a genius Hyejinie! I’ll start now!”

Taken aback with her friend’s reaction, Hyejin began to worry. “It’s a joke Wheein, please don’t” She tries to say, but Wheein’s skipping away.

“And Hyejinie” The girl shouts, catching the attention of every student in the hallway, “There will be no guy!” She finishes before running away in embarrassment.

 

Realizing her impending doom, Hyejin contemplates her plan to convince her friend to stop the manga. Seeing her friend’s work, Hyejin’s amazed with the speed and quality, it was almost enough to persuade her, if only the storyline is more logical.

“So I went to Seoul and the moment I got off the train, I was immediately discovered. I become the top singer slash top actress?, Then automatically all award every year was devoted for me? That’s not even the summary, That’s the whole plot!” Hyejin’s blood boiled in the absurdity of the story.

But Wheein only beams a smile at her. “The YOUNGest top singer slash top actress actually”

“Please let’s scrap this Wheeinie, Thank you for drawing me, I’ll treasure this forever but please just do something else” Hyejin begs, if she let this out, people would not focus on Wheein’s talent. “Irene sunbae just asked me If we want to join their dance crew, Please try that instead” Hyejin continues.

“I worked hard in this, Hyejinnie” Wheein smiles falter.

“I know and I love it. I’ll treat you with ice cream, or corndogs, whatever you want. Please know that honestly, you’re the most talented and most special person in this world for me and I don’t need a talent showcase to see that” Hyejin tries to persuade her friend again, albeit meaning every word she said.

“Okay, I’ll stop” Wheein begins to hum, face devoid any trace of sadness. Then she mischievously looks her to Hyejin and continues “For. Now”

 

“But hey, that manga was the best thing I’ve done, Give it back to me! I’ll rewrite and redraw everything, Moomoos will probably love it” Wheein says.

“No way, it’s safe with me. I will never give it back to you.” Hwasa replies.

”I bet you are hiding it in your Hello Kitty suitcase back home, I’ll ask your Mom to send it to me” The blonde girl menacingly says.

Gasping, the brunette responds “Unfair! Mom loves you, please don’t gang up on me” Showing her most pitiful look she could do, “Please Wheein-shi, don’t take it please”

“Okay, okay, we’ll discuss this again after five years” Wheein laughs.

 

Yawning a bit, Hwasa shifted and looked for a more comfortable position, hoping to catch some shuteye since she felt like she needed more energy to survive the day. They're on their way now to some place Wheein won't tell her where. She was about to fall asleep when she heard Wheein speaks.

"Say Hyejin, What do you think of collaboration"

Eyes shot open, the question hung in the air and she didn’t know how to react.

“With who?” Hwasa asks nervously.

Shrugging her shoulders, Wheein answered nonchalantly. “I dunno, I haven’t gotten to that part yet.”

Baffled in herself for assuming things. “Are you just asking about collaborations in general?”

Her eyes followed Wheein as the latter moved closer to her from her previous spot, sitting so closely that their elbows were touching. A head landed on her shoulder not long after and she stiffened for a second before finally relaxing.

“Yeah? I just realize that I always get invites, but never tries to initiate one” The girl answers.

Contemplating her answer, Hwasa speaks carefully, “It’s a lot of work, for one you’ll have to choose a better partner, someone who could match your voice.”

The brunette thinks of the reason they haven’t tried to release a song together. They know the genre they want to do, they already envisioned the setting they wanted to have, plenty of lyrics were written, Yongsun even helped them with the melody. Yet, the supposedly finished product was far from complete.

“I want to rap next time” The blonde says, pausing to play with Hwasa’s hand “Do you think I can convince Byulyi unnie to make a song with me? She’ll sing and I’ll rap” She continues.

Smiling, Hwasa held Wheein’s hand “We can try then? It’s about time unnie gets out of her shell”

Soft pats on her cheek woke the brunette up with a jolt, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she squinted at the bright sun. She looked at the person beside her and furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for her brain to put a together the events previously happened.

“Hyejin, we are here now. Let’s go.”

Hwasa can only nod as she watches her friend pay and thank the driver. As they get off the cab, she squints her eye, trying to remember the familiar surroundings. They are back home.

“My big plan was really to go see the art gallery and maybe watch I Kill Giants?” Wheein says as she pull her inside. “But I feel bad, you seems tired. So raincheck on that, okay?”

Pinching the blonde’s cheek for her cuteness, “I am tired, but so were you. Let’s go to my place and pick something to watch on Netflix. You can choose”

Hyejin smiles to herself. Despite all the irrational things that she thinks of her friend lately. Nothing beats the happiness Wheein can give her.

---

Author's Note;

Before I started writing this, I actually approached some of the great writers I know here. But most of them belongs to different fandom and is not interested in Wheesa.  -_-

I hope someone will read this and would like to continue it instead. I'm not really happy with my writing. Haha.