Chapter 1

Hey you, Let's be friends.

Congratulations for the third win of ‘Be With You’ ..

The crowd cheers left and right, Hwasa holds the bottle of beer tightly as she prevents herself to cry. “It’s her third win, and I’ve barely made it to the top three” She chuckled as she drinks the beer.

A few people approached her, some complementing her long black hair, some asks for future plans with collaborations, some even pried about her personal relationships, keeping up her appearance, she smiles, says few words and just nodded along the conversation.

Not wanting to mingle anymore, she’s stands near the food table, masking her face with a well-trained smile while pretending she’s been starving the whole day.

It’s her third bottle of beer, and she must have eaten at least a dozen of chicken. People must have gotten the code that she doesn’t want to be disturbed, as no one comes near her now. Despite worrying of the stomachache she might encounter tomorrow, she rather have it than associate with anyone at this moment.

People have dispersed, after the exchanges of greeting they began their way to the feast, opening the boxes of pizza and chicken. Hwasa moves to a spot with less people, bringing her plate and drink with her, she looks at the star of the night, gloomily smiling to her friend, “I’m really happy for you Wheein-ah, But when will it be my turn?” She thinks as she gulps another beer.

Wheein sensing that her friend was looking at her, smiles and waved at her brunette friend, it was the smile of pure happiness and sunshine that Hwasa loves, and if she could help it, she’ll do her best to keep that smile on her friend’s face forever.

 

Hyejin sat at the left back corner of the room, really bored and mildly sleepy, she pulls out her notebook deciding to write few song lyrics before the class began. She groaned as the bell rings and their teacher entered the class tagging along a girl she have never seen before. Their teacher was saying something, probably about the young girl besides her, but Hyejin can’t hear anything until the girl speaks,

‘Hi, I’m Jung Wheein”

Mouth agape without taking her eyes from the girl talking if front of the class. Hyejin closed and smiled.

‘I like to draw and sing, pleased to meet you all’ the girl continued with a little bit shy introduction,

It was short and simple, yet her presence is alluring. She’s seems like none of the other kid in the school, as half of the female population, almost looks similar, with the trendy hairstyle nowadays, every teenagers liked to be part of it. But this girl in front of her, screams I’m different.

Finally, Hyejin found her match.

 

Overflowing with giddiness, she approaches the new girl whose seat is two rows in front of her, leaning to the table she says

‘Hey you, let’s be friends, I’ve fallen for you a bit’
 

The girl was surprised with her sudden appearance, Hyejin laughs as thinks of a fish looking similar with the girl at this moment.

Seconds have passed but no words come out, Hyejin was going to speak again but she was trapped with the stare of the girl, as if reading her intentions, finally the new girl smiled showing her dimples.

‘I would love to’

Beaming with a smile, Hyejin can’t explain the rush of emotions she’s feeling right now, Heart’s beating fast with excitement.

‘I’m Ahn Hyejin’

‘Jung Wheein’

 

“Didn’t you used to say that you don’t like the rusty tasted of that drink?” the girl with the short blonde hair asks.

The party had begun thirty minutes ago, but this would be their first conversation. She’s surprised that it even took this long, Albeit, even if Hwasa do her best to avoid everyone, there’s no way she can do that to her.

“It’s an acquired taste, must be part of growing up” She responds.

The blonde laughs out too loud, a few looked at them but didn’t’ pay much attention, probably already used with the noise the two could generate.

“Oh the wise, Hyejin-nim. Please tell me more of your words of wisdom” The blonde girls says while clutching her stomach in prevents to laugh again.

Like a howl of calling, the girl’s laugher attract two other people. The blonde began telling them of Hwasa’s choice of words a while ago, the orange haired newcomer join the teasing, recalling that on the recent rap they had written Hwasa used a word that she doesn’t know the meaning and had to look up in the dictionary before understanding it.

While the other long haired blonde steals the beer Hwasa’s holding, gulping the almost empty drink in one go then making a face that cracks up everyone. Hwasa smiled bitterly, if things can always be this easy.

 

 

 

‘Hyejinnie, what should I put in this career form? Aren’t we a bit too young to decide on this?’

Hyejin’s in the midst of her doodles of ‘Ahn Hyejin’s Future Album Cover’ not even providing her friend a single attention while she does her finishing touches.

“ Hyejin – ie, Hye Jin, Ahn Hye Jin” The girl pouts while doing some excessive facial expressions.

I’m done Wheein, I’m yours now, stop doing that” Hyejin flicks the girls forehead then starts to clean up her art materials.

“Hmm.. Well you’re good at drawing, you could be a painter like your mom, didn’t you say you mom would be happy if you could be like her?” With all her materials, now securely kept on her bag, she faces her friend waiting for her answer.

“There’s that, but she also says, I can do what I want but I’m not really sure what that is” Wheein began to play her pen, drumming to a beat of a random song.

“Then be a singer with me, we could be a duo or even an idol” for some reason, Hyejin’s heartbeat become erratic, somewhat nervous, a little bit scared of her friends answer.

“Okey dokey” Wheein began humming as she fill out the form.

“Okay what?” Hyejin tried to peek at what the girl was writing but before she could do so, the girl stopped and looked at her with a bright smile.

“I want to be with you, Hyejin”

Satisfied with the answer, Hyejin smiles to herself as she remember the drawing she did earlier. It was a picture of two girls holding hand in the beach while looking at the sunset.

Maybe it wasn’t just a dream after all.

 

“Congratulations for the third win Wheeinie, This proves that people have been wanting to hear your works after the success of ‘Anymore’” The girl with the orange hair said.

‘Here we again, Why do I have to be hurt like this’ Hyejin thinks. They were seated on a table now filled with different alcoholic drinks enough to make them all drunk. Their manager just placed the newly delivered buffalo wings and pepperoni pizza.

“Congratulations! I knew you could do it well! Must be nice though, I hope people would support mine as well” The long hair blonde said, as she wishfully looks at her pizza.

“Of course they will” Says the orange haired girl immediately, “Once it’s out, I’ll listen to it 24/7, All 10% of the listeners ratio will come from me” She continues as she send a wink to the girl.

“Easy for you to say, you got first” Counterattacks the blonde, ignoring the wink she was given.

“Just once, and it wasn’t because of me. Seulgi’s fan base is huge” the girl response.

“You’re too humble unnie” Hwasa says, She meant it, Her Moonbyul unnie is too nice, too humble. She writes her own rap, she participates in the songwriting but she’s too shy to take the credit.

“Yeah unnie, you should have sung more lines as well, people loves your voice you know, I know I do” The girl beside Hwasa adds.

“Ey, you girls are embarrassing me, let’s talk about Wheein instead, this is her night. Cheers!” Moonbyul said as her face turns red as she awkwardly bluffs.

The girls laugh as they bring up their drinks for a toast.

 

“Should we hear it then? Our Solo Queen Wheein, your speech please” It might have been stab on her own heart, but Hwasa can’t resist, she continues “I would love to hear your advice”

Wheein cringe beside her, whether it’s because of being put on the spot or because of the absurdity of the situation. If anything, it’s always the other way around, every solo, every collaboration Wheein has, she never fails to seek Hwasa’s opinion, It was always been and always have Hwasa’s approval before anything else, as if she can’t do things on her own.

It’s starting to become burdensome. Hwasa thinks, at first she wants to have her best friend to be always beside her, helping her in every way she can. They grow together, trying to reach one dream, they practiced hard, they criticize each other, and they painstakingly endured everything side by side. Ensuring that nobody would be left behind. But right now, she contemplates, ‘Is it still the same?’

Hwasa imagines them walking on a cherry blossom path, Wheein on her right side, hand in hand, they move on their way, the further they go, the road becomes stiff, the less trees appear, the walk gets tiring up to the point that they realize it was becoming an uphill. But Hwasa never gets tired. If any, she’s motivated. After all, she’ll just have to look at her favorite view, it was the blindingly smile on her right. It was her strength, Wheein is her strength, and she believes that no matter how hard every step is, they can do it together.

But then little by little, Wheein is slipping away. The once tight hand grasp is gone and suddenly no one is by her side, nor is she within the reach. The smile she loves can’t be seen and the view she only have now is Wheein’s back.

 

“What are you saying? Yah! Don’t’ tease me too Hyejinie, Byulyi unnie won’t stop already, Yong sun unnie, Leader-nim help me please? They’re ganging up on me.” With the usual show of whining, the group laughs.

“Seriously though” Yongsun, the girl with long blonde hair starts, “I’m nervous on the release of my song, I could use a few words from you” she finishes.

“It’s not like, we’re new on this unnie, you’ll do well, and lots already love you.” Wheein replies.

With a loud sigh, Yongsun brings up her drink “If that’s only what it takes” More like a murmur “Let’s drink again!” They cheered and she continues. “But kids, don’t drink too many, It’s not good for our voice and Hyejin, that’s your last bottle”

“But why? It’s our rest day tomorrow unnie” Hwasa protests.

“I’ve been eyeing you the whole night, you’ve drink too many already” Yongsun retorts.

Feeling the eyes on her. Hwasa withdraws. She can see the worry on her unnie’s eyes. A pity? from Byul yi and from her side, it’s the blank face that she dislikes, is Wheein analyzing her? What is she thinking at this moment, is she even on her mind?

“Let’s go on a date tomorrow, Hyejin. My treat” Wheein says, It was completely out of nowhere that caught her of guard, didn’t she says she wanted to rest? But her friend can really be spontaneous at times so she just nods and teases the blonde that it was million years ago that can’t remember the last time Wheein bought her anything.

 

“Come on Hyejin, Don’t be stingy! Give me a bite!” The smaller girl says, trying to steal the corn dog on the other girl’s hand.

“No! Go buy it yourself!” The taller girl says, biting a big portion to the food.

“But I don’t want it all! I just need a bite! Besides you need to diet, I can see two pockets on your back now” The girl retorts while touching Hyejin’s back, as if emphasizing her point and then suddenly running far away.

“Yah! Jung Wheein! Now I won’t give you anything forever!” Hyejin shouts as she follows the girl.

As they reach the bus stop, both panting from the sudden run. The younger girls speaks as she catches her breath “Now my corn dog doesn’t taste well, it’s your fault Wheein”

“Are you going to give me a piece now?” Wheein showing her best puppy imitation look.

“No! Never!” Hwasa says eating the rest of the food.

“Ya!”

Hyejin went home with a pouting girl on her right.

 

Hwasa groggily wakes up, Head pounding as the hang over takes effect. She looks at the clock besides her bed, it was barely 10 am, she doesn’t want to move yet, but any minute now, she’ll be bothered by a certain blonde girl. And she was right, a sound of three short rings echoes through the room.

 

Are you awake?

Get up! Get up!

I’ll see you in twenty!

 

She begrudgingly moves, it took her ten minutes just to wash her face and brush her teeth. Seeing the time left, she took a brief shower and dressed humbly than usual. Wherever Wheein plans to bring her to, she’ll have to settle on what Hwasa could give her.

As mentioned, Wheein knocks on her door on time and she greets Hwasa with coffee. “Good Morning, Hyejin. I have iced coffee!”

“How could you be so cheerful today?” Hwasa says as she takes as sip.

“Because I didn’t drink that much, Are you ready? Let’s go now.” Wheein did not let her speak and pulls her out. If Wheein wasn’t so cute and she doesn’t have the coffee in her hand. Hwasa might have had killed her already.

Their whole ride consists of impromptu Vlive and fancafe updates that uplifts Hwasa’s mood. Her fans never fails to make her happy.

The taxi stops at an old looking building, guessing by its appearance Hwasa thinks it needs to be reconstruct soon. She can’t imagine what’s inside that they’ll enjoy.

Once they entered inside, It was surprisingly well maintained. They ride the elevator and Wheein pressed the basement button, Are we going to the parking lot? Hwasa thinks.

“Just wait, you’ll like it here” Wheein smiles at her.

It was not a parking lot, There were Rabokki shops (Ramen + Tteokbokki), a cozy looking cafe, a rotating sushi house and finally an Art Gallery.

Wheein’s right. She’ll like it here.

 

“I discovered this place when I was looking for new art, I didn’t got the chance to stay long since we were called for a meeting.” Wheein explains as the staff greets them. Hwasa looks around, taking the place all at once.

Wheein asked her to play a game where the other would choose the best painting that would describe each other. She jokingly points out the puppy happily playing in the mud, But Wheein laughs along and choose the drawing of a Sailor and a Mermaid.

When Hyejin asks, what she meant by it. She was only answered by “You’re my sailor”.

Appraising paintings after paintings, the two began to feel hungry. Deciding over the sushi place and Rabokki, They settled on getting ramen and tteokbokki.

“Thank you for bringing me here Wheein, I love it, we should go back here again with the unnies” Hwasa speaks, mouthful of ramen.

They were on the midst of discussing the next place on their venture when Wheein phone rings. Lee Hyori sunbaenim flashing on the screen.

 

 

------

Author's note : I'm not satisfied with the end part, I might edit it soon.

I always wanted to read a Wheesa story like this, but I never found one.

Also I might not be able to give justice to this story so sorry in advance.