Chapter 3

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Donghae are you ready?”

“Yes, mom,”

“Call me if anything happens, and don’t forget to call me on the weekends or when you have time.”

“I will mom”

“Heechul, don’t forget about us, we know you’re a grow adult but you can always lean on us,” Their father said

“There’s no way I’ll forget, don’t worry, we’ll visit often,” Heechul smiled at his parents. He saw his stepmother shed a tear before gracefully wiping it away,

“Oh come on guys, it’s not like Hae and I are moving across the globe, you’ll still be able to visit us, and we’ll be able to visit you too.”

“Oh but I’ll always miss my two babies”

“Mom, we’re definitely not babies.” Donghae pouted, making his mother chuckle and pinch his cheeks

Once the boys had all of Heechul’s belongings out of the car, the family proceeded to Heechul’s studio apartment. It was a fairly decent apartment, the owner of the apartment complex kept a few apartments furnished for students who might be on a tight budget. Heechul didn’t want to burden his father more than he already had, so he chose a pre-furnished apartment. That didn’t mean he wasn’t going to throw out the old mattress and bring in his own one. He didn’t like the idea of sharing a bed space.

They helped Heechul hang his clothes in his new closet and set up his bookshelf and study table. His mother and Donghae made sure to sleep every inch of the house, knowing full well that Heechul would’ve done it himself after they left. Once all the cleaning and setting up was done, the family decided it was time to take Donghae to his dorm. Heechul’s apartment was very close to the campus because Heechul didn’t have a car, nor did he want to spend the money on one. Donghae’s school wasn’t too far away but it would take about forty-five minutes by foot and fifteen minutes by car to reach from Heechul’s apartment.

Donghae walked into the dorm building with his backpack and suitcase. He walked up to the front desk and saw a boy who was around his age.

“Hi, I’m the transfer student who is moving in today,” Donghae said without his accent, he and Heechul had been practicing so that they wouldn’t be made fun of for having an accent.

“Hi, you must be Donghae, I’m Henry, I’m a student during weekdays and the receptionist during weekends. You’re in room 1702, I can’t remember who your roommate is, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, nice to meet you, Henry, I’m Donghae.” Donghae introduced himself

Henry smiled and verbally guided Donghae to his dorm room. Halfway through his explanation, Heechul and their parents came in.

“Giving directions to him isn’t the best, do you mind repeating yourself?” Heechul asked Henry immediately

“Hyung,” Donghae pouted, but he knew very well that it was for the better if Heechul leads the way. Henry repeated himself and Heechul lead the way to Donghae’s room.

“Room 1702, hyung that’s the right one,” Donghae said, peaking at the door behind his brother, he was shorter by a few centimeters.

“Of course it is,” He chuckled, knocking on the door. There was a groan heard from the other side, and a tall figure opened the door.

The boy knit his eyebrows in confusion, he wasn’t expecting anyone. “Who are you?” He asked Heechul and later realized that there were three others behind Heechul.

“Hi, I’m Lee Donghae, your new roommate,”

“Oh, nice to meet you, I’m Cho Kyuhyun, come in” He gestured

“I’m his older brother, Heechul, and these are our parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lee” Heechul introduced himself and their parents. Kyuhyun respectfully greeted them.

“Umm.. Donghae, I just remembered I had to do something, I’ll be back later, I’ll give you a tour of the dorms and campus when I get back.” Kyuhyun said to Donghae, Donghae agreed and watched Kyuhyun leave.

Settling things in Donghae’s dorm room went a lot faster since a majority of the things were already present.

“Awh, my baby is so grown up, I’m going to miss you” Heechul cooed at Donghae, making him pout while knitting his eyebrows together.

“Am not a baby” he said, to which Heechul rolled his eyes. Their mother and father sat on the twin bed on Donghae’s side. “Boys, come here” their father said

The brothers turned around and saw two gift bags in their father’s hand. “This is from the both of us, open it”

Donghae and Heechul looked at each other and then back at their parents before taking their gift bags.

“You guys got me an iPhone?” Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter