Chapter 1

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heechul doesn’t consider himself as overprotective as his younger step-brother Donghae claims he is. Sure, he listens to Donghae’s every whim and pays his little brother his utmost attention, but he just loves his little brother a lot. Donghae had the tendency to be very clumsy, and very dense. He wouldn’t be able to spot incoming danger even if it had the word “DANGER” written on it in bold, flashing letters.

It was summertime, Heechul and Donghae both were on break from school. Donghae had just completed his first year in high school and Heechul had just completed his first year in college.

“Hyung this year was so stressful! How did you do it?” Donghae asked, his melting ice cream under the hot sun.

“Your hyung is blessed with beauty and brains,” Heechul smiled and flipped his hair

“You’re so full of yourself” Donghae laughed and ducked when Heechul tried to hit him

“You’re getting really spoiled these days” Heechul glared at his younger brother

“Let’s go home soon, mom and dad are waiting for us,” Heechul said after a while

“Hyung you go first, I needed to drop by my friend's house for something.” Donghae smiled at his brother

“Okay, call me if anything happens,” Heechul said, he hated leaving Donghae alone but he needed to go home. He was really tired because he just came back from his university. He had two finals today and right after he was done, he drove home.

When Heechul got home, he was welcomed by his stepmother and his biological father.

“I’m home!” He smiled as he entered the living room where his parents were sitting.

“Heechul! We missed you!” His stepmother said

“How was school? How were your finals?” His father asked

“They were good, you know me, I’ve been blessed with good brains.”

“Good to hear, Chullie, why don’t you go shower and relax, I’ll call you down for dinner,” His mom said as she entered the kitchen

“Okay, and mom, I saw Donghae on my way home, I think he’ll be home soon,” Heechul said before he went up to his room.

“Thanks, Heechul, you’re always so thoughtful towards your brother, I’m so proud of you,” his dad said

Heechul went up to his room and showered in the bathroom in the hallway. He fell asleep after the shower and ended up missing dinner, which didn’t really matter because he had pulled too many all-nighters to even consider food over sleep.

Heechul woke up the next morning and found Donghae in his bed. Heechul had been done for the past three weeks in order to study properly for his exams.

“It seems like my little brother missed me a lot,” He said aloud to the sleeping Donghae. Donghae smiled in his sleep and Heechul let him sleep a little while longer. It was only 9 AM.

After a while, they both got up and continued on with their day. Over the next couple of weeks, Donghae started to come home later, leave the house right after eating breakfast, and didn’t tell Heechul a thing. It’s okay, he’s just growing up. He’ll tell me if it’s something important. I just need to remind him that I care for his well being and that I’m here for him. Heechul thought one morning in the middle of August. Donghae had been acting this way for all of summer break, and for once, Donghae was happy that his family didn’t have plans for a family trip.

However, all happy thoughts came crashing down one night when Donghae came home quietly and entered his room. Heechul’s room was right next to his, so there was no way he didn’t hear Donghae crying. I wish I could interrogate him right now but he probably needs some time to himself. Heechul thought. He was sad that his brother was crying.

The next morning their parents left early to go to work, and Donghae woke up late, so they didn’t know anything about Donghae coming home late and crying. Heechul went and softly knocked on Donghae’s door.

“Hey, it’s me, are you okay?”

“Hyung?” Heechul heard Donghae’s broken voice through the door, “give me one second, I’ll come down,” he said after a pause.

“Okay,” Heechul agreed and went downstairs to their dining room. He made breakfast and waited patiently for Donghae to come down.

Donghae eventually came downstairs, still in his pajamas. His eyes were swollen and his nose and lips were red. Even his cheeks were flushed. Heechul waited, Donghae would tell him.

“Hyung,” Donghae sat down, and then looked up at his brother. Witching five milliseconds Donghae was crying again. “Hyung I’m sorry, I’m a really big disappointment,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter