Chapter 2

Bad dreams and Bunnies

After a couple of days, Jinki was on his way to Gwiboon's house. Gwiboon had been struggling a bit with Mathematics, so Jinki wanted to help her out. So the two friends planned out to study together at Gwiboon's. When Jinki was passing by a certain shop, some little thing caught his quick attention. An interesting idea popped in to his head. He pushed open the door of the shop and walked towards that something. A huge plushie rack which had each every kind of stuffed animals. Puppies, kittens, deers, little chicks. And Jinki was so so lucky to find just what he wanted. A stuffed bunny. He brought it down from the rack into his hands. The purely white bunny had two long ears, a red bow and it had shining black eyes as to give an extra detail. Jinki knew that it was the exact thing he needed. He gently caressed the stuffed bunny. Then suddenly remembering something, he brought his hand towards the plush bunny.

"Promise me that you'll protect her and make sure she's fine. Will you do that for me?"

He said while looking at the bunny's eyes with his most sincerest eyes. Then he smiled to himself as if he knew what the bunny's answer would be. He hugged the bunny tightly thinking that he should transfer all his power and extra energy to the bunny, but when he realized that he's getting a 'what is he doing' stare from a small girl infront of him he immediately landed on the planet earth again after coming down from his own dreamland. Gladly he finally understood that he, a 17 years old boy should act to his real age. He smiled again at the cute stuffed bunny in his hands and quickly made his steps to the billing counter.

 

"Ding dong"

Gwiboon was in her room tidying it a bit before her friend's arrival when she heard the door bell ringing. She put in order the final stack of books on her table and ran downstairs to open the door.

"Hello Jinki"

She greeted the young boy. He had his usual small backpack he carried wherever he went and she saw a big bag in his hands too. She wondered what it was.

"Hi Gwiboonie"

Jinki greeted back and went inside the house.

"What's there in the bag?"

Gwiboon asked out of curiousity.

"It's for mom. It's her birthday tomorrow so I thought of buying her some gift"

Jinki nearly stuttered while giving away that big fat lie.

"Oh my. Being a good boy, huh?"

She . 

"Come. Let's go to my room"

"Ok"

"Mom, Jinki's here"

Gwiboon called out while going upstairs.

"Ok dear. Kids, don't fill up your tummies. I'm making lunch for you two, ok?"

When Gwiboon told her mom the day before that Jinki will be coming she never expected her to make an entirly delicious meal for him, but that was what exactly she had planned out to do.

"Ok Mrs. Kim. We won't eat anything"

Jinki shouted out while running up the stairs.

 

They had a great time studying. Gwiboon had a lot of doubt points in some sections so Jinki tried his best to make her understand the concepts well teaching her from the very beginning of each section. Gladly Gwiboon was a smart girl so she got everything perfectly to her head. She was so much lucky to have her best friend teach her everything clearly. At the end she was able to solve almost every problem she had trouble with on her own.

After long hours of being inside Maths problems both of them wanted to give some rest to their brains. So they sat on Gwiboon's bed to eat some cookies and have a little chit-chat. After some while realizing that it was the perfect time to surprise his friend, Jinki brought up his gift bag which he kept on the floor before.

"Wanna see it?"

He asked.

"Will you let me? I would love to!!!"

Gwiboon said cheerfully while taking another cookie to . Jinki gave the bag to Gwiboon. She put her hand inside the bag and pulled the thing she realized that was somewhat soft, but wasn't able to guess what it was.

"Oh my god. Jinki!!!! It's just so cute!!!"

Gwiboon almost cried out of happiness seeing the big stuffed bunny in her hands.

"It is, right? You like it?"

"Yeah of course I do. But, well.. will your mom like it? I mean. Stuffed toys??! She's not at an age to like them, right?"

"It's for you"

Gwiboon knew that she had been having some hearing problems but she was so much certain that what she heard at that moment was exactly what came out of Jinki's mouth.

"WHAT??!!"

"It's for you idiot. I lied before"

Jinki chuckled seeing the astonished face of his friend. Gwiboon didn't had any words to describe what she was feeling. So she leaned forward with the bunny in her hand and hugged her prince charming in her dreams. Jinki got surprised from her act, but it wasn't like he didn't wanted it. He gently patted her back. Then only he heard the sound of some sniffs.

"Gwiboon? Seriously? Don't tell me you're crying again"

"I'm not. It's just I'm so happy you idiot!! Thank you so much. It's the cutest thing ever and I'm gonna love it so so so much. Thank you Jinki.."

She pulled out of the hug and took a good look at the cute bunny which she knew she'll love the most from then on.

"No more bad dreams from now on, ok? He won't let that happen again"

Jinki said smiling at Gwiboon. At that moment, he could only see her as a little child who needs to be protected from everything. At times she would act like a complete grown up, even advicing him about what has to be done on certain things at school and such. But then, seeing her like that being entirely happy with just a small thing, was what he loved the most to see. He knew that it was his biggest weakness. He's falling for her again and again.

"Gwiboon?"

Gwiboon was busy cuddling with the bunny when she heard Jinki's voice.

"Yeah?"

Jinki leaned towards her while placing his hands on her shoulders, trying to make her come a little bit closer. Letting Jinki do whatever he wanted to do to her, Gwiboon closed her eyes like it's the most normal thing ever. While closing his own eyes Jinki tilted his head a little and moved more closer. Their hearts beated so fast like they'll explode anytime thinking of what's going to come next. Their first ever kiss.

"Kids, lunch is ready. Come down"

They both opened their eyes together and realizing how close their faces were they pulled aside and gave loud coughs as to erase away the awkwardness of that moment, in which both of them knew that wasn't so easy to do. Gwiboon quickly got up from the bed while almost making the whole cookies plate drop to the floor. Luckily Jinki was able to hold it back.

"Um.. so... lunch. Let's go down now"

She hurried towards the door and was just about to open it when Jinki cought her hand and stopped her, just to place a small peck on her left cheek. Gwiboon knew that she was blushing but didn't knew that she was turning into a complete beetroot. Jinki started to laugh so hard seeing her reddening face.

"What??!!!"

Gwiboon shouted out in embarassement.

"You're cute"

Jinki said still laughing his lungs out.

"It's not so funny Jinki. I hate you"

She was angry thinking that it was just her feeling all shy and everything, but little did she knew cause Jinki was feeling ten times shy because he was the one who really did wanted to kiss her on the lips at first.

"Let's continue later"

Jinki said after coming to his normal senses.

"Studying?"

"Yeah. Oh, wait. You want something else?"

 He started to laugh again.

"SHUT UP. I HATE YOU!!!"

"But I love you"

Gwiboon blushed again and she knew that it was enough, so she opened the door rushed down with a laughing Jinki running behind her.

"Stop with the blushing Gwiboonie. Your mom will see"

Jinki wasn't going to stop teasing her any sooner and Gwiboon knew it. She guessed that she knew too much about her best friend, or maybe boyfriend.

 

 

That night when Gwiboon went to sleep she had her bunny cuddled with her. The window of her room was slightly opened so the wind blew inside filling everywhere with cool air. She snuggled more closer to her bunny. Leaves rustled outside making creepy sounds. It was all dark except for the little bit of moonlight peeking through the window. The clock, still tick-tocking. It was 2 a.m. But Gwiboon was sleeping soundly. Because her bunny had a promise to keep up with. He promised Jinki to not let any ghosts or zombies or murderers enter her dreams again, and that's what exactly he was doing. Protecting her on behalf of Jinki. Bunnies became her protectors. So Gwiboon finally slept peacefully and happily after many days of bad dreams. And in her dreams that night, she had her first kiss with Jinki.

 

Hello everyone!!! Well.., that was too cheesy, right? I don't believe they're 17 year olds. Lol. Hope you all enjoyed it. Don't forget to leave a comment below. I love you all!!! Have a beautiful day

 

 

(JINKI AND BUNNY FEELS ARE TAKING UP MY ENTIRE MIND. HELP ME!!)