Chapter 4

FACADE

I miss chu 😣

 

Irene can’t help but giggling like a kid as she reads Wendy’s text. The girl rarely expose her cute side but when she does, she did it with a bang even just with words. Irene heart does a flip at her wife’s cute antics. She can even portray how Wendy would look like as she’s typing it. 

 

Ow, my poor baby. Meeting is ending soon. Meet me later?

 

The cringe is there but as she go through this horrendous meeting, Wendy presence is what she imagine of. If blood can be seen coming out of her ears, everyone in this room would have notice that she had enough. But she can’t leave now; not when her mother is here. Her phone vibrating on her lap again. 

 

Isn’t my lovely mother in law is with you? I bet you can’t run from her.

 

Wendy can be sarcastic even in text. Irene knows that but she’s too far bored to even entertain the sarcastic remarks.

 

You might want to change your bet. 2 pm sharp. Our usual place. 

 

“Irene?” She was almost got caught but Irene is different from Sooyoung. She remains calm. If it was Sooyoung, she bet the girl would have embarrass herself further. 

 

“Yes umma?”

 

“Do you have any suggestion to Mr. Park request?” Well lucky her, she’s good at multitasking. While texting Wendy, she also pays attention towards the boring agenda of the meeting; she is the VP for sake. 

 

“How about we change our supplier for New Zealand market to locals? We can control the buying price from here. For doors, we can get a supplier from China. We can save more time rather than having all the parts ship from our warehouse. If things goes well then we can look to a future branch in New Zealand.”

 

Mrs. Bae face lift up at her daughter suggestion. At times like this, she knows appointing Irene as VP and fighting the board of Bae Agriculture over this matter pays off with the way Irene upbringing the company. 

 

“That is a good suggestion Ms. Bae.”

 

“Yeah I’ve seen the market. Tell your sales team to boast this info to our clients. Promise them more discounts. I foresee the supplier implementation myself.”

 

A lot of people in meeting can be seen nodding their head in approval; and a proud smile on her mother’s face further confirms her that she did good today. 

 

“So lets end this meeting now. I have things to do and Mr. Park, you can expect the report next week.”

 

Irene just bow to everyone else before leaving the meeting room. But she didn’t forget to say goodbye to her mother hoping that with her performance today, she will let her have her own free time. Mrs. Bae gaze never left her daughter as she pulls out her phone.

 

“Don’t lose her.”

 

.....

 

“Seungwan.” Wendy eyes widen as her steps stop immediately. Well, she didn’t notice that her mother is here. Slowly she turns around.

 

“Mummy?”

 

“You seems in a hurry.”

 

“Wel...uh...” Her dad is scary and she acknowledge that but her mother has always been the gentle one. She’s not scared towards her mother but more of feeling guilty. 

 

“I was about to go lunch with you but it seems that you have a plan already. Seulgi was right.” 

 

“Seulgi?” Oh . Did Seulgi slip up? Damn that bear! Mrs. Son smile as she stood up and make way towards her daughter. 

 

“She told me that you are booked for the whole day for business. I guess I underestimate my honey bear. She was right.” Mrs. Son said as she tangle her right arm around Wendy’s. Wendy mentally relieve knowing that Seulgi didn’t bust her out.

 

“Yeah. I’m kind of busy...”

 

“Son Seungwan, did you just reject your own mother lunch invitation?”

 

Oh not that pleading face. Anything else but that. Wendy is not immune to that kick puppy look that resemblance Seulgi so much. She’s more like her father; never acknowledge the internal cuteness deep within. 

 

“Mommy...” Wendy whines as Mrs. Son giggles at her antics. She still didn’t let go of her daughter’s arm. 

 

“My make up is going to waste.” Mrs. Son purposely sighing out loud hoping that her daughter will say yes. Wendy winch silently. 

 

“Okay. Lets go for lunch mummy. But I have to go somewhere after that.”

 

Wendy pouts as Mrs. Son pinch her cheek and drag her poor daughter with her. Wendy will never say no to her. She just has to be cute and be herself more like it. Wendy and her father would fall for her any time. 

 

.....

 

“So munchkin, no love life yet?” Wendy groans at her mother question. She has been asking this for several years now. Wendy just stuffs more foods in pretending not to hear her mother. 

 

“Seungwan, you should start dating. Find a partner. I just want you to be happy.” 

 

‘But my happiness is not the family happiness.’

 

 Mrs. Son placed her hand on top of her daughter’s as her gaze soften. She’s not like her husband; she just want her babies to be happy and if happiness means that Wendy has to make a crucial decision, then so be it. 

 

“Mommy will always be with you. Good or bad.” Wendy saw the softness in her eyes and she meekly nodding to it. If only she can tell her mother what is going on in her life; about Irene. How Irene becomes her everything.

 

“If I find that someone and she’s not the one you think of, would you be disappointed?” She just had to ask. If she can’t get her father approval, maybe her mother can be happy for her. Mrs. Son smile as she gently cups her daughter’s chin before pulling away.

 

“Disappointed is such a big word baby. I can never hurt my children like that. Plus, both you and Seulgi are too cute.” Wendy grins as her mother pats her cheek lovingly. Wendy has never had any moments of disagreement with her mother. Her mother has always been by her side. While her father is strict with her, her mother is the gentle part of the family. 

 

“Mommy, thank you. One day, I’ll introduce you to that special someone.” Mrs. Son gentle smile ease her worries. Whenever she has problems, she just take a look at her mother and her heart will be in peace once more. The light wrinkles whenever she smile reminds Wendy of her mother sacrifice. Her parents were in for an arranged marriage. Her grandma wanted someone she could trust to be by her son’s side; that was when her mother’s name got mentioned. It must be tough for her mom to be married to a complete stranger, let alone sleeping in the same bed. Whenever she asked her mother about it, the only answer she gets was a smile. But Wendy knows that her mother is the main reason why her father didn’t marry her off to a complete stranger. She’s thankful for it.

 

“I can imagine your mini me running around the house with your daddy spoiling her to death.” Mrs. Son eyes ever smiling right now as Wendy blush so hard. Kids? She didn’t thought about it yet.

 

“I guess but mommy, I’m not there yet..” Wendy awkwardly laugh as she shoves more food in . 

 

“Soon. That reminds me!” Mrs. Son clasped both hands dramatically as her eyes twinkling in excitement. 

 

“Kids fashion show in Paris is just in a month time! I’m going to take note of all the fashion styles for my grandchild!”

 

Wendy didn’t know if she should be surprise or not with her mother. But by the looks of the people near their table, she can assume they are judging her mother hard. 

 

“S-sure mommy.”

 

......

 

I can’t make it to lunch. Mommy suddenly stops me for lunch. Sorry. I promise I’ll still see you today. 

 

Irene huffs as she put down her phone on the table. She had ordered foods for both of them so that when Wendy comes, they can start dig in and more time spent together. But she can’t blame Wendy. She would have done the same. 

 

“Who’s going to eat all of these?” Irene mumbles to herself as her eyes drop onto every dishes on the table. A few are Wendy’s favourite. 

 

“I can.” Irene raised both brows as a girl with a cap, spectacle and hoodie hood to complete her looks sat down on what suppose to be Wendy’s seat and already starting to eat. She smirks at the girl. 

 

“Seulgi, that is your twin lunch.”

 

“Who happens to be trap having lunch with mommy.” Seulgi flash her sister in law a grin. 

 

“Wannie texted me about your cancel lunch. She told me to keep you company. My sister is sweet right?”

 

Irene can’t help as her smile grew wider. She’s not close with the older of the twins but Seulgi has her own way of protecting Wendy. Seulgi is the opposite of Wendy; but the bear human look alike is protective of her twin sister. Seulgi will not let anything or anyone hurt Wendy or the people that Wendy love. 

 

“She is. Maybe if you can find your other half, you can be sweet too.” Irene resting her chin against her propped arm against the table. Seulgi gives her a look before munching more of the food. 

 

“I mean, don’t you want to fall in love Seulgi?” Wendy told her a lot of things about Seulgi including how her twin is scared about falling in love. She was afraid that she would fall for the wrong one and ended up getting into trouble. Seulgi immediately shook her head as her eyes widen. 

 

“And ended up like you two? No way. I love my life.” 

 

“At least we’re in love.”

 

“The only reason why I’m supporting you two. Daddy would kill Seungwan if he knows that you guys are married.” It bothers Irene to know the length of Mr. Son’s would go just because of the family stupid feud. 

 

“No he won’t. If anything, we will find a way to break the news. Sooner or later they’re going to find out.” 

 

Seulgi stops munching as she set the plate away. She slightly leans forward. 

 

“You believe that crap? You haven’t seen my dad reaction everytime your mother is on the news. If South Korea has a purge night, his solely target would be your mother.”

 

Irene can not say she’s wrong when she knows her mother would do the same. She huffs as she leans back on her chair. Seulgi drinks her wine as she let the taste swirls in . She scrunch her face. 

 

“Ughh. That tasted bad. Never fond of a wine.” Seulgi shivers as she inspect the wine. Irene sips from her glass and raise her shoulder. 

 

“This is Seungwan’s favourite.”

 

“Well then her taste is bad.” Seulgi eyes widen as Irene suddenly glaring at her. 

 

“Obviously you are one of the best choices she has made.” Seulgi awkwardly smile as she pretends that she didn’t just said that. 

 

They both stops talking as Irene let Seulgi finishing off the foods on the table. Her lips tugging into a small smile as she watches Seulgi devouring all the food. 

 

At least she has one of the Son that is happy for her and Seungwan. She’s grateful for it. 

 

..... 

 

Wendy eyes were fixated on the file reports when her father barging into her office and slam a folder on her desk. Her secretary was following close from behind and silently sending an apology looks towards her. She nod at her once as her father sit down with cold gaze on her. 

 

“Daddy? What’s wrong?” She can see that the person in front of her is not her father but the fierce Son Taeyeon. 

 

“Read it.”

 

Wendy hesitated as her eyes are on her father. 

 

“Read it!” Taeyeon voice startle her but her hands move faster, reaching for the file. She didn’t have to read the whole paragraph to know what was in the file. Sweats forming on her back as her gaze landed back to her father. 

 

“I called Vivian and she told me that she had submitted for Dabace contract. So tell me Seungwan, how did we lost it to the Bae Agriculture?”

 

“It’s only 20 houses sir. I sealed a better deal on that day. 20 houses is nothing. The income from that...”

 

“It’s Bae Agriculture. We never lost a contract to them.” Taeyeon tone hasn’t change turning into her father back. It is still the 60% share holder, Son Taeyeon. Hiding behind the truth is hard for Wendy.

 

“It just one contract.”

 

Wendy felt her heart almost stops beating as Taeyeon threw the file sideways. Her breath shorten too every inhale. 

 

“Not to Bae Agriculture. Do you understand?”

 

Taeyeon stood up as Wendy breath hitch even more; it was never comfortable when her father is mad. 

 

“Fix this. I’m disappointed in you. Don’t make me regret putting you in charge.” Wendy felt tears pooling in her eyes as Taeyeon left her office room leaving her with no chance of explaining herself. Most of all, he was disappointed with her. 

 

“Yes Mr. Son.”

 

For him, until she fix this mess; she is just another staff. 

 

.....

 

Sooyoung is not Joohyun and she knows how to party on a weekday after working stress hours. Maybe because of that her mother thinks she’s not yet ready to be a part of the bigger things in Bae Agriculture. She’s no Yerim but she knows how to manipulates everyone and everything. 

 

Sooyoung just let her body feels the music. She smiles when a guy approached towards her. He seems smooth as he slide in between everyone on the dance floor. 

 

“Hi.” Sooyoung smirks as she turns around and did a body wave making sure she leans back enough leaving a paper inch gap between them. 

 

“Hi and goodbye.” 

 

He grins as his palms resting against her waist. The smile on her face gone for a second as she turns around and flash her fake smile. She pulls his collar and bringing him closer to her. She leans forward stopping as their side faces next to each other. 

 

“I’m Bae Sooyoung and yes my family owns the Bae Agriculture. You see there?” Sooyoung lift her chin up towards her right. The guy turns towards her line of sight. 

 

“That is my bodyguard that my mom hired for me. The moment I signal him, he’s going to make sure that I am comfortable here. So..” Sooyoung take a step back and saw how pale he is. 

 

“..touch me again.” He quickly removed his hands and make his way away from her. 

 

“Stupid. Who still believes bodyguards by control freak family? ” 

 

She flips her hair and spotted a familiar figure hunch over the bar looking like the whole world just messed her up. 

 

“Hmmm. Why are you here..” Sooyoung sit next to the woman as she signal the bartender for a drink. 

 

“..sister in law?”

 

Wendy didn’t bother to check the face of the person next to her. 

 

“Leave me alone Sooyoung.”

 

Wendy hiss as she one shot her drink and signal for another one. Sooyoung can see how distraught Wendy is. She hasn’t seen her like this before. 

 

“You look wasted. How many shots did you had?”

 

Wendy gave Sooyoung a look before finishing her shot. She signals for another one but before she could finishing it off Sooyoung steal her drink and chug it down . 

 

“Go away Sooyoung.”

 

“Are you kidding me? I’m not letting your trashy self sleeping with my sister.”

 

“I’m not spending the night with her. So stop taking my drinks.” Wendy obvious glare didn’t even looks intimidating for Sooyoung. It reminds her of Seulgi but a little bit fierce. Surely not enough to scare people away. When will the twins realize that they can’t glare at people. It’s like a hamster and a baby bear trying too hard. Wendy try to drink again but Sooyoung stealthly steal it away. 

 

“You’re annoying.”

 

“Thank you for noticing.”

 

“What do you want?” Wendy finally facing Sooyoung and oh boy she looks like she’s going to pass out in a few minutes. Sooyoung even find her breath reeks with liquor. 

 

“You clearly has a problem. Son Seungwan is not me. I go to club and party. You on the other hand hates club because your logic said that spending time with my sister is so much more worthy than being here. What’s going on?”

 

Wendy groans as she rest her side face on the bar table looking like she’s about to cry anytime soon. 

 

“It’s..tiring.” Her answers were short but Sooyoung understands the meaning of it. She has seen her sister broke down from time to time but each time she had Wendy to convince her that everything is going to be okay and that is how Irene moving forward. But this, watching Son Wendy Seungwan like this is not normal. 

 

“Shouldn’t you be telling unni about it?” Wendy expression told her more than she let her; Wendy doesn’t share her burden with Irene.

 

“Hyun has so many things going on already. The last thing I want is to worry her even more.” Sooyoung frowns. 

 

“So you think my sister is a selfish and insensitive wife?”

 

Wendy eyes widen as her elbow hit the desk earning a loud groan from the woman. Sooyou g hysterically laughing at her sister in law reaction. 

 

“I did not said that!”

 

Wendy pouts as she rubs her sore elbow. Her head is spinning due to the alcohol but she can clearly heard the accusation tone. 

 

“You didn’t tell her what’s bothering you so she’s a selfish human.”

 

“No! Hey, stop putting words in my mouth!”

 

Sooyoung sneer as she chug in Wendy’s drink. She slams the glass on the table. 

 

“So stop treating her like she is self centred. Married couples shares the good and the bad whatever it is. Don’t you know that hiding from her is making her worry even more.” Sooyoung slips her hand into Wendy’s trench coat and pulls out her phone before shoving the screen at Wendy’s face. 

 

“34 miscalled and 24 text messages. Who do you think have so much time in spare to even bugging you like this?”

 

Wendy reach for her phone as she scan the name of the same number that has been calling her since an hour ago.

 

Hyunnie

 

Wendy heart twisted in pain knowing that her wife must have been worrying sick about her and here she is trying to drink her problems away. Sooyoung eyes soften as Wendy hold her phone close to her heart. 

 

“I asked unni why the hell would she be marrying you knowing that it will never be better. You know what she said? She said that you both perfected each other and she knows that is enough for you to keep fighting.”

 

Wendy eyes pooling in tears as memory of her secluded wedding flashing in her mind. That was her vow. Her vow to Irene. 

 

“Our parents won’t stop. Neither will yours. But unni make me believe that the fight will be worth it in the end. She trust you so I’m going to trust you too.”

 

If it wasn’t for her self pride, Wendy would have brawl her eyes out and may her soul finally in calm. Sooyoung awkwardly pat the older woman back. It is not her scene to be giving this kind of motivational speech. 

 

“Sooyoung...”

 

Sooyoung raise her palm against Wendy’s face. 

 

“Let’s forget that we’ve seen each other here. I’m erasing this meeting between us from my brain right now”

 

Wendy chuckles as Sooyoung humming in a low voice before standing up and giving Wendy one last look. 

 

“I don’t see you here and neither do you.”

 

.....

 

Irene loves the morning sun. She’s a fan of the morning sunrays that she had placed her bed next to her glass panel wall that enable her to be mesmerize by the vast view every morning. It always brought peace and set a great mood for her to start the day. 

 

Well, not today. She woke up after only 3 hours sleep because her soon to be dead wife didn’t call or texted her back last night. And as she scans her screen phone, Wendy probably didn’t love her life because there’s still no replies. She cursed under her breath and dial the number she remembers by heart. 

 

1 ring. 2 rings. 3 rings. 4 rings... The number you have dialled is currently not available. Please leave a message after the beep. 

 

Beeeeppp. 

 

“You’re only alive because I love you too much to even murder you in my dreams. Pick up my calls.”

 

She huffs and ended the call. Irene just toss her phone away as she push herself out of bed. 

 

“I hate you.” Irene murmurs when she saw Wendy’s face smiling back at her from her screen phone; with her dimple perfectly seen. Her favourite picture of Wendy. 

 

“Is she avoiding me? Fine.” Irene decided that she will find Wendy during lunch hour and that chipmunk of wife of hers better have an explanation or else. 

 

Her day started out pretty bad already. 

 

..... 

 

“Stop staring at me Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi gives her that precise look you-look-like- before shrugging it off and proceed on finishing her orange juice. 

 

“My head...” Wendy complained as she clutch gently on her temple hoping/wishing the headache would gone soon. Ssulgi peered over her glass. 

 

“Who told you to get home drunk last night? You’re lucky daddy and mommy were already sleeping.”

 

Wendy attention is now on her twin sister as the nervousness suddenly creeping in. 

 

“Where are they now?"

 

“Daddy went to office early. He said he wants to check on something while mommy...”

 

“..Is bringing her daughter a hangover soup.” Mrs. Son or Tiffany Hwang, a name she carries around before marrying the son of the Son’s family interrupted the two as she placed a bowl of soup in front of Wendy. Wendy grimace at the herbal scent coming from the muddy coloured broth. 

 

“Ew mommy. This taste bad.”

 

“Eat it if you want to survive at office with your father around.”

 

Tiffany held out a spoon for Wendy who reluctantly take it. She loves having her parents around but her mother can sometimes forget that she’s not little Seungwannie anymore. 

 

“Thank you mommy.” Seulgi laugh like a little she is as she watched Wendy eating her soup. No hangover soup that Tiffany cook taste better than previous. Wendy’s face expression tells well how the soup tasted right now. 

 

“Come home like a total drunk again. Serves you right.” Wendy groans as she threw Seulgi her napkin. 

 

“Shut up.”

 

.....

 

Wendy was digging deep into her 140 IQ brain since the first shot of alcohol she had in the bar last night, trying to find a solution for the issue raised between her and Taeyeon. She knows Irene had won the tender and the contract has been signed. There’s no way she can offer Dabace to go against the contract and she has no interest on doing so. But Taeyeon wants result and Wendy has to deliver. 

 

So she came up with a crazy plan. One that she knows will either break or back her up. But Irene can’t know about it. There’s always a first for everything. 

 

“Did you read my proposal, Jennie?”

 

Wendy gently taps her pen on the desk. 

 

“I did. But why me?”

 

“You want to stand on your own and I want business aside from SL Agro. We can work this out.” Wendy can feel confidence radiating from herself. There were rumours circulating around socialites that Jennie is trying to stand on her own and Wendy feels like this is the perfect time for her. She has to make sure that the plan go through. If not, she has nothing to back herself up with. 

 

“I like your proposal but don’t you think you’re trusting me way too much?”

 

“We’re business people Jennie. We want profits. Plus, I have my own ways of judgement.” There were long pause before Wendy can hear a stifle laughter coming from the other line. 

 

“So you will remain anonymous and not a word to Irene? Before we proceed, I need to know something. Why can’t Irene knows?”

 

“She belongs to the family that my family loathes. Did I answer your question?” Wendy fake a disgusted tone eventhough it was not the truth. But nobody should knows. 

 

“Understandable. Then it is a deal. I’ll finalised everything before we talk again.”

 

“Thank you.” The call ended as Wendy exhale in relief. This should help her fix the Dabace mess. But she has to be cautious though, her partnership with Jennie is new and anything is possible at this point.

 

“Now to make it up to Hyunnie.” Wendy grab her jacket and bag before exiting her office. She spots her PA at her desk. 

 

“I’m not coming in after lunch hour. If Mr. Son is looking for me, tell him I’m meeting Dabace local representative.”

 

Wendy didn’t wait for her PA reply as she leave in a hurry. She scared of her father but she is even more frightened by her wife.

 

.....

 

The number you have dial is currently not avail...

 

“Oh you’re so going to die Son Seungwan.” Irene irritatingly scowled as she had tried for the 15th time calling her wife. She was about to throw her phone away and lose her mind when a cleaning lady came in. Irene is going crazy over Wendy sudden disappearing but she’s not stupid enough to yell her frustration to an innocent cleaning lady. She puff her cheeks as she goes back to her papers and let the cleaning lady do her job.

 

The cleaning lady on the other hand is standing still and just staring at Irene. The latter finally noticed and glare at the worker.

 

“I’m going out in 5 minutes and I don’t have the energy to wait for you to finish by then. So you better finish before my 5 minutes time is up.”

 

Irene focused back on her papers. Suddenly she felt arms wrapped around her shoulder. 

 

“Hyun, it’s me.” Wendy husky voice make her heart beats faster in a good way. But also in a bad way. This is Bae Agriculture office tower and her mother is in the building. Irene untangle Wendy’s arm as she try to make a move towards the door; someone might barge in if she didn’t lock the door. But Wendy acted quickly as she pulls Irene for a back huh and resting her chin against the latter nape.

 

“I locked the door already. I miss you so much.” Wendy breathe in Irene perfume and instantly grin as it was the same perfume she bought for her; Irene let her choose her perfume all the time so she knows every single one of the scent. Irene leans into the warmth of her wife as she close her eyes; realising how did she survive last night without Wendy. 

 

Last night? 

 

“Oww...” Wendy groans as she rub her sore arm where Irene landed a hard slap. Her wife is glaring again with her hands on hips looking like she can devour her anytime soon. 

 

“How dare you ignore my calls and texts?!”

 

Wendy eyes widen as she quickly covers Irene’s mouth with her palm successfully shutting the woman. Irene struggle at first but soon calms down but still with her gaze that kill anyone anytime soon. 

 

“Shhh Hyun. I saw your mom talking with a staff on my way here. If you scream then she’s going to know something is not right.” Wendy waits until Irene finally bobbing her head before release her. She grins when her wife is still sending her that angry pouts with that glaring gaze. 

 

“I was too tired last night. We had a few issues in office that I instantly fall asleep. I didn’t even bath last night.” Wendy reasoned her way out without actually telling Irene what had happened. Irene gaze soften as she reach onto Seungwan’s right hand. 

 

“I was so worried. You never pull anything like that before.” Wendy silently thankful towards Sooyoung discreet over their meeting last night. Wendy lips tugging into a wide smile as Irene leans forward and took off her cap and mouth cover before leaving a kiss on her lips. 

 

“Am I forgiven?” Wendy asked as Irene wraps her arms around the latter neck as their gaze melted against each other. 

 

“Depends.”

 

“On what?”

 

Irene pretends to be thinking this over earning a cute pout from Wendy. She adores that look from her wife as Irene gush inside. 

 

“What do I get if I forgive you?”

 

Wendy placed her arms against Irene’s hip as she leans forward with their nose almost touching. 

 

“Anything you want.”

 

“Hmmm..” Irene untangled her arms and slide it down as she cups her wife’s . Wendy raise a brow at her. 

 

“You said anything I want.”

 

“But my is mine.”

 

Wendy nervously gulped as Irene gives her a look. She nervously giggle. 

 

“Yeah sure. Take my . Anything else?”

 

Irene ponders before kissing Wendy’s lips. She let her kiss lingers a while before pulling back. 

 

“I want you but I’m still sane enough to know that this place is not safe.” Irene bite her bottom lips imagining how hot it is to bring this further in her office. Wendy chuckles as she left another kiss on her wife’s lips. 

 

“But I can offer you lunch and I took a half day off. Maybe we can spent the time together?” Wendy merely can hope that Irene can take the rest of the day off with her. Wendy sighs as Irene place a kiss on her neck. 

 

“You have this all plan out huh?”

 

“I’m making it up for ignoring you.”

 

“I’m impress.” Irene replied as she helps Wendy wearing her disguise again. She kiss her cheek and cups her wife’s face. 

 

“I’ll go first and meet you at basement.”

 

“Where did you park yours?” Wendy smile. 

 

“Public bus. I can’t simply park my car in your box. Unless we’re going crazy and just doesn’t care.”

 

Irene playfully shove Wendy away. 

 

“I’ll see you downstairs.”

 

Irene wink at Wendy as she close the door. Wendy place her palm against her chest. 

 

“She just wink and my heart already went haywire.”

 

.....

 

Wendy looked down at the blindfold in Irene’s hands. She continuously exchange look between Irene and then back down at the eye mask. 

 

“Uhhh..”

 

“You’re not the only one full of surprises.”

 

“Yours are kind of .”  Wendy hiss in pain as Irene rolls her eyes at her overreacting wife. 

 

“Fine.” Wendy let Irene help her wearing her blindfold because she care less about making sure the strap is place on the right area behind her head. So far in their marriage, Wendy is a carefree partner. She tends to enjoy the day with a positive mind. She always miss looked on the importance of small details. But lucky her, Irene look after the small details for them. While Wendy enjoying the free will lifestyle, Irene help Wendy achieve that by paying attention to the small details for her to enjoy that freedom. 

 

“I can’t walk like this.” Irene huffs as her wife also has tendency of complaining. She helps Wendy get into the car before she get behind the wheel herself and drive away with the thought of spending the day together.

 

.....

 

“We’re here.” Irene said as she gently swat Wendy’s hand that has been nothing but distraction for her. Wendy has been reaching around her body while she’s driving and she had to warn her wife of their safety. But like always, Wendy hardly listen.

 

“Oh can I take the blindfold off now?”

 

“No.” Wendy jutted her bottom lips like a lost puppy she is as Irene get out of the car and walk to her side of the door. She helps Wendy climb down her car. Wendy lips forming a mischievous smirks as she wraps her arms around Irene waist making it hard for the latter to guide them to their suppose to be spot.

 

“Wan, we can walk like this.” Wendy flush her body close to Irene as she tightened her arms but making sure it didn’t hurt Irene.

 

“We walk just fine when you hug me tight when we were in the elevator in Ljubljana."

 

“That was actually scary and I can see the bottom ground from where I stand.” Irene reason out with Wendy as her face shades with bright pink; kind of embarrass over her fear of height. Wendy kiss her cheek as she finally pulls away.

 

“But you had me right?” Irene smile as she pinch Wendy’s cheek.

 

“Come on, hold my hand.” Wendy followed Irene instruction and with her guidance, she keeps on walking until Irene steps come to a halt. Wendy almost jumped on Irene’s back when suddenly the floor moves up. It was so funny that Irene can’t help but laughed at her cute hamster like wife.

 

“Why are the floor moving?”

 

“It’s an elevator, dummy.” Irene laughter get louder as Wendy exhale so long like she’s going to die anytime soon.

 

“Wait. Are you kidnapping me?”

 

“Oh my god. Stop playing around Wan. Just stay still.” Wendy wiggling eyebrows and that erted smile make it much funnier for her. She intertwines her fingers with Wendy and let her head resting against her woman shoulder.

 

“Did you know that your height is perfect for me to lean on.”

 

“I have always known.” Wendy leave a chaste kiss on the top of her wife’s head.

 

A ding sounds signal them that they had reach the desire floor. On Wendy’s mind, this would be another hotel room that they are going to turn it into their own version of love hotel. To say that she’s surprise, well she kind of expected it. The long drive, the blindfold and now the elevator. But hey, any place with Irene is better than anything.

 

“Okay. I’m going to take off the blindfold.” Wendy nodding her head as Irene take off her blindfold but as soon as her gaze landed over the scenery of Seoul city below them, she just stood there; mesmerised by the panoramic city view. Irene felt like her surprise is a success because Wendy seems to be enjoying the view more than she had expected.

 

“Wow. Is that Han river?”

 

“Remember when you said that you want to live in a house with the view of Han River while we're still dating?”

 

Wendy slowly bobbing her head as her eyes travel back to her Irene.

 

“I know I should have discuss this with you.” Irene side hug Wendy with Wendy wrapped her arm around her wife’s shoulder bringing them closer to each other.

 

“But I feel like you deserve to be surprise too. So I kind go through with it.” Irene can see confusion mix with nervousness in Wendy’s eyes.

 

“This is our home.”

 

The Wendy that she knows would have given a big reaction to anything but this expressionless Wendy is rare and it only happens 2 times during their duration if being together.

 

Once when she completely ruined Wendy’s confession surprise by confessing first and the second time when she told Wendy how important she is to the legacy of Bae Agricultural. So both occasion is nothing compare to this. Buying a house is a big step forward due to their circumstances and if it was her, she would want Wendy to discuss it with her first before making the purchase.

 

“Wan..I’m sick and tired of getting it on a random hotel room, leaving each other in early dawn, eating hotel breakfast and most importantly not having a place where we can call ours. Please... Don’t be mad...”

 

Irene rarely pleads her way out of anything. But the frustration and worry of Wendy’s whereabout yesterday changed everything. Irene wanted to say more when Wendy captured her lips, kissing her gently. All the nervousness disappear as she calms down in her lover arms. The way their lips flush together convince Irene that she made a great decision to buy the apartment.

 

The pulled away and resting their forehead against each other. Irene felt a little bit breathless.

 

“I was suppose to surprise you with a picnic by the river. But you just have to ruin my plan. Again.”

 

Irene blush as Wendy pulls her towards the full glass wall with the magnificent Seoul view. She sat down facing the view and gently tugging Irene straddling her lap. She held her wife close to her.

 

“So this is our house?” Irene nodding with urgency as Wendy glanced at the view before their gaze falling for each other again.

 

“Do you like it?” She didn’t remember hearing Wendy say anything about their new house earlier. Wendy use her left hand as she two button of Irene’s white blouse.

 

“I love it.” Wendy trail kisses on her wife nape down to the dip of her collarbone and gently bite on it earning a moan from the latter.

 

“Seulgi said I’m a bottom in this relationship.” Irene close her eyes as Wendy hands travel up her smooth tummy. She arch her back when Wendy’s naughty hand cupping her cloth chest. But Irene is far from disagree with Seulgi.

 

“You’re a..bottom. I only let you be top..” Irene propped her right palm against the floor behind her as Wendy fingers finally slip inside her bra and tugging onto the tip of her .

 

“..because I want to.” Irene finished her words as Wendy taking her lips again but this time kissing and tasting her hard. Irene kissed back fighting against Wendy dominance all along enduring the sensational warmth radiating from Wendy’s hand on her chest.

 

“Of course Hyun.” They finally pulls away only for both to be breathless. Wendy grins as she still has her fingers playing with her chest.

 

“No more in a hotel.” It was more of a teasing statement but Irene blush so hard. She was so red that she pulled Wendy to continue this session of intimacy.

 

......

 

A black SUV park near the apartment complex. The window was rolled down and a guy in a suit pulls out his phone and dial a number.

 

“Mrs. Bae, I found Ms. Bae.”