Parents ~Part 2~

Can't Buy My Love ~Epilogue~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As night fell, we arrived at one of my parents’ favorite restaurants and the waitress immediately greeted us and took us to the private room Eomma ordered for dinner tonight. We sat on one side of the table and left the other two chairs opposite from our seats for my parents. I plan to talk to Ryeowook who looks nervous again since we got to the restaurant but my parents came shortly after we arrived and did not give me a chance to talk to him. I can only squeeze his hand lightly before I greet Appa with a hug and then hug my Eomma also give a light kiss on Eomma’s cheek to greet her. Ryeowook then politely greeted my parents and I could see that he was very surprised when both of my parents returned his greetings with a warm hug and although he could only freeze without hugging them back, Ryeowook’s nervousness seemed to be diminishing.

“I can only see you from the photo that Kyuhyun sent to us. I’m so happy we finally got to meet in person right now and you look so much more great in person!” Eomma said excitedly, instantly making Ryeowook’s cheeks reddening―making him looks so adorable. “And I’m sure Kyuhyun froze when he first saw you for the first time, as he is now.” Eomma added, making my eyes widen and I turned my gaze that was previously fixated on Ryeowook to directly look at Eomma while I could feel my face turn red.

“Eomma...” I protested but stopped as I heard Ryeowook chuckle and look completely relaxed now.

“No, Mrs. Cho.. Actually he looks very calm the first time he meets me.” Ryeowook said, still smiling.

“Seriously? But he was very nervous about going to see you, I still remember how nervous he was the night before he meeting you.” Eomma said, sitting down. “And if you don’t mind please call me with Eomma. After all you will soon become my son.” She added with a smile.

“Eh??” Ryeowook looked at Eomma with a startled look.

“Is it too soon to call me Eomma?” Eomma asked.

“Yeobo... Don’t rush him. I also want him to call me with Appa but we should not rush him.” Appa said, putting his hand over Eomma’s hand, before Ryeowook and I could react to Eomma’s question.

“Sorry, I did not mean to rush you, Wookie.” Eomma said apologetically.

“No.. I don’t feel you’re rushing me.. But.. Emmm.. It’s not that I don’t want to call you Eomma.. I’m just surprised because honestly I’m still afraid of what you’ll think about me although Kyuhyun has assured me that you two will like me and have no problem with my relationship with Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook said. “And I’m glad if I’m allowed to call you Eomma, but I’m sorry if I need time to adjust because I’m not used to calling Eomma and Appa.” He added in a soft voice.

“Don’t worry Ryeowook, and we really support your relationship with Kyuhyun, not only because we already know you from Kyuhyun and you personally are someone we gladly accept as family but also because Kyuhyun very love you and happy to be with you. So there’s no reason for us not to approve your relationship with Kyuhyun.” Appa said with a smile.

“You also should not look down on yourself, you make big changes in Kyuhyun and that is a very high achievement and nobody else can do it..” Eomma said, with a small laugh. “You can also slowly get used to calling me Eomma and you don’t have to apologize, we can understand.” Eomma added, patting Ryeowook’s hand gently.

“Thank you...” Ryeowook said, blushing.

“You’re welcome, dear. Now what do you want to eat?” Eomma asked as she opened the menu.

After that we ordered the food that Ryeowook liked, my favorite food, and also the food my parents usually ordered. While waiting for the food to be served and as we enjoyed the meal we had a light conversation that mostly dominated by my parents who asked Ryeowook and Ryeowook answered or explained to my parents and my parents also talked about themselves while most of the time I just listened to Ryeowook talking because I always think he has a beautiful voice, not only when he sings but he also has a clear and nice tone as he talks that I really like so I just join in the conversation when needed.

 

“By the way, after you two married how about you two living in our house?” Eomma asked me and Ryeowook when we left the restaurant.

“Eomma... You already know the answer.” I said, shaking my head and smiling at her.

“Well, it does not hurt to try, is it?” Eomma said with a grin. “But I also believe Ryeowook is more comfortable living in the house you build for him.” Eomma added.

“Kyuhyun built the house for me?” Ryeowook asked Eomma.

I tried to signal Eomma that she should not tell Ryeowook more about it, this is not something that is embarrassing to me and needs to be kept secret actually but then this is also not something that needs to be told to Wookie in my opinion.

“Of course Kyu built the house for you. He did not tell you?” Eomma asked Ryeowook. Something I should have guessed―Eomma prefers to answer Ryeowook’s questions rather than siding with me. “Well, he designed it all and built it to suit your taste; he did not even pay attention to my suggestion for building a bigger house because he thought you would prefer a simple house. Kyuhyun also chose a location that was not in the center of city and he chose personally for all the furniture in the house. He really built the house specifically for you.” Eomma explained to Ryeowook when I just could fall silent.

“By the way, when are you going to finish the house?” Eomma suddenly asked me.

“I still have not talked about it so I still don’t know.” I answer.

“I see.. Just tell me when you already know and I will tell them to make it and send it to your home.” Eomma said.

“Okay, thanks Eomma. Now we’ll go home and thank you for the dinner.” I said and hugged her before I hug Appa.

“Thank you for today Eomma..” Ryeowook said and as before, Eomma immediately hugged him but not like before this time Ryeowook also hugged her back.

“Please come to our house soon.. I still want to talk to you a lot and I still have not heard you playing the piano. Appa and I would love if you come visit us because we will miss you.” Eomma said, in a sad tone. “Or how about if you come with us and stay overnight?” Eomma asked, still trying not to part from Ryeowook.

I said we could not because we had to get ready for our vacation and tomorrow we had to meet with Mr. Park. I promised to Eomma I would bring Ryeowook to visit her but she still not satisfied and complained about how I would have brought Ryeowook just after a few months from now because I would be busy on weekdays and I would definitely want to monopolize Ryeowook for myself on a weekend so she has to wait for a long time to meet Ryeowook again. I can’t utter any words to denying her words because her words are so accurate and I can only grin at her.

Eomma just calmed down after Ryeowook himself promised to visit him before we go on vacation and even after that my Eomma is still very difficult to let Ryeowook go as I was worried at the beginning. But then even though Eomma really likes to monopolize Ryeowook and this makes my possessive side disturbed and slightly jealous even though it sounds sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter